Black Tea Help

I need help. I have some black tea flavoring from TPA. I mixed it at 5% flavor 15% sweetener and 80% 50/50 base blend. And it is not good. Am I supposed to dilute the flavoring be for I mix it? If so at what %. Am I useing to much flavor. If so what is a good % to start at. Please help I love southern sweet tea but this is not it! Thanks Matt

• 4 weeks later...

What kind of sweetener are you using? I'm not a sweetener expert but I use cotton candy or sucralose. Either one of these I would use at a very low % like 2 or 4%. I don't know what you're using but that could be what's giving you an undesirable flavor.

I made some Black Tea from a flavoring I have but I don't recall the strength of it or how much I used. I do remember it tasting very much like a strong tea and that I couldn't get it to taste like a sweet tea.

I've also heated up PG (about 50ml or so, enough to cover a teabag) and made my own tea flavoring. It came out pretty good but doing it this way does not make a super-concentrated flavor. I would need about 50% of this to make the juice. My brother took this idea and it is his main vape. I think my own flavoring is better than the one I bought. I was able to have a sweeter and better tasting tea this way for some reason. All I do is heat up the PG to about 150 degrees or so and put any kind of teabag in it for about 10 minutes and then squeeze it out. Much of the tea flavor is now in the PG but like I said, it's not very strong but it works great. Wish I knew a little better about how to sweeten something but I use cotton candy, marshmallow and sometimes suclarose but only small amounts. Too much of one of these will ruin everything.

I do remember my store bought tea flavoring to be very strong so 5% is a good place to start but you might need more or less. First try to get the tea flavor strength right then slowly add something to sweeten it but start at 2%

Edited by Mike