Government Control

Ricketts

This is a follow-up to my earlier "DISCRETION" article suggesting that we E-Cig users exercise care in flaunting our habit to avoid Big Brother control.

"" No more smoking on any Pima County property. This also means outdoors. It's not just the traditional cigarette that's banned, either. The ordinance applies to cigars, pipes, smokeless tobacco, water pipes, hookahs, e-cigarettes, chewing tobacco, snuff and other products containing tobacco."

Silicon Valley town of Belmont, California: Now makes it illegal to light up in an apartment or condo that shares a wall, ceiling, or floor with another unit. Violators face a $100 fine from the city, as well as eviction if smoking violates their lease agreement. Additionally, the new law makes citizens responsible for enforcing it by encouraging them to call authorities and report their neighbors if they light up in any home other than a free-standing house.

Passing a law is one thing, validating it is another, with most laws only becoming truly viable after being court-tested, and the clause "products containing tobacco" may very well provide an escape route. It should, after all, the entire premise is based on health issues and the E-CIG certainly doesn't belong in that profile. However, once again, we should be very discreet while and where we're vaping. That "element" is watching us like a hawk.

• 3 weeks later...

the clasisification of a "Tobaco" product was view by many as a win because it removed them from the control of medications so the import problems went away . But now people that have no idea what they are talking about or doing are trying to control our way of stoping smoling ! this is typical of government control , they see a chance for HUGE tax $ out there and now want to get there hands on our money !

I don't care what the law is or is going to be, tobacco is tobacco and nicotine is not tobacco, if the law is wise then it's not smart enough recognize this fact. Test have been done, and they show exactly what we believe. Even if our e-cigs become controlled like analogs, we should do what is right and live free of control - if you disagree, look at the war on cannabis/drugs.

Does anyone believe in breaking the law, anymore, for the better good? I keep asking myself, "Why don't we the people usurp this government if they are the tyrants that we believe?". I think it is because we believe it can be fixed. But now I know it can't, so i resist without violence. Freedom is a point of view of how we live on this land, the only freedom we have is who we choice. The will to make the choices depends on the choices we make for ourselves and not for society - even though cigarettes are what they are I'm not against them, just what they put in them and the paper they use. One last point, tobacco was alright before Big Tobacco. Certified Organic tobacco rolled in hemp paper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How would a neighbor know if you are vaping? Unless they are violating personal rights and privacy. Glad I don't live there. E-Cigs are being pushed left in right in Texas. in every store cigs are sold. From Walmart, to target, to all conv. stores, they are in the front of any cig display.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses.

Not some farcical, aquatic ceremony.

I mean, if i went around saying I was emperor, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me...

They'd put me away.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses.

Not some farcical, aquatic ceremony.

I mean, if i went around saying I was emperor, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me...

They'd put me away.

I think I have a scimitar somewhere with the Halloween decorations. You're more than welcome to have it.

• 2 weeks later...

One only has to look at the lost gas taxes in the use of hybrids. Governments are now figuring a way of regaining those taxes. Mileage taxes are being kicked around by various states and the federal govt. It will be the same if vaping overtakes cigarettes. The govt depends on those taxes and will start hammering vapors as well. Just my two cents....

I am not as worried about being told I can vape only where smokers can smoke. I am more worried about being taxed up to 73% on e-cigarettes than from being allowed to vape indoors. What we as non-smokers/vapers need to worry about is the high percentage of tax that they are trying to implement on us since we aren't using tobacco anymore.

Whatever state you live in (everyone), look into what your state is trying to do because there are currently a lot of states already passing taxation on e-cigarettes. Do some research and contact your legislation and let them know how you feel.

Well, in most states of United states E-cigarettes are getting banned. In Canada the government has already banned E-cigs whereas smoking is still allowed... Does that make sense? Not at all....We all know electronic cigarettes are far better than analogs/conventional tobacco cigarettes still the government is banning them. According to (spammy link removed), you can smoke in public place because it is eco-friendly. Surely the government is not getting enough benefits out of e-cig manufacturing. That's why banning seems them a possible solution....It is absolutely disgusting. :wallbash:

Edited by jeffb
spammy link

I'd imagine that the kind of control the government will ultimately want falls along the line of taxation. This will not be the end of the world.

You might pay more...but it won't be twice as much or anything like that. Certainly not at first...

I just look at it like this. I have several clearomizers, a variable volt pass-through, juice to last me a while (considering DIY soon), and a battery for on the go. I'm also looking into getting another battery as a back up. I'm prepping myself at my own pace for the time that any legislation does get passed on e-cigs. At this moment in time it has been 2 months since I quit smoking analogs. If the need every does come for for me to put down gear and walk away, I know that I have quit smoking and won't go back to it. It does stink that e-cigs aren't seen for the positive they have done, only the potential money that they could be bringing in.

:ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Once more I must remind you that our "good health" is of absolutely no concern.

The FDA is the main obstacle to a massive decline in cigarette consumption in the United States.

Analysts at Morgan Stanley research noted an approximate 4.5% decline in cigarette sales compared to that expected in 2013. A 4.5% decline in cigarette consumption is a substantial public health accomplishment. Question:

Which of the following was given as the leading explanation for the public health advances of early 2013?

[a.] A massive anti-smoking advertising campaign by the FDA which penetrated deeply into all major national media;
[b.] A national effort to promote smoke-free workplaces in all states and cities that have not yet enacted such laws;
[c.] A national effort to urge states to increase their cigarette taxes and allocate the revenue to anti-smoking programs; or
[d.] The tremendous growth of electronic cigarettes.

According to Morgan - D: The tremendous growth of electronic cigarettes.

The greatest public health accomplishment of 2013 in terms of saving lives from smoking-related diseases has come not from any action of the FDA or national anti-smoking groups, but from the natural growth of a product which all of these groups want banned from the market.

Question:

Which of the following represents the greatest threat to saving lives from smoking-related disease by drastically reducing cigarette consumption?

[a.] The failure of electronic cigarettes to continually improve their performance and distribution;
[b.] The general lack of content of electronic cigarette customers with these products;
[c.] Increasing evidence of the health hazards of electronic cigarettes;
[d.] Increasing evidence that e-cigs have dismal effectiveness in smoking reduction;
[e.] The efforts of the FDA and national anti-smoking groups to get e-cigs off the market or make it virtually impossible to market them effectively.

E: the efforts of the FDA and national anti-smoking groups to get e-cigs off the market or make it virtually impossible to market them effectively.

Ironic that the FDA is the main obstacle to the massive decline in cigarette consumption that is predicted to occur thanks to electronic cigarettes. The truth of the matter is that the jaundiced, politically motivated FDA is attempting to have E-Cigs listed as a tobacco product in order to effect heavy taxation, filling the coffers for political scavenging.

The only reason the FDA is trying to get e-cigs listed as tobacco is because the government couldn't get them controlled claiming they were a medication. My thought here is if they can't tax them and make money off of them then they will try to ban them. Forget the fact that they are allowing us to keep more of our hard earned money since we don't pay big tobacco or the taxes the government has imposed on them, and the fact that we feel better since we quit (or drastically cut down) our addiction to cigarettes. After all if the government can't make money off of us they see no reason to try and encourage us to be healthy by choosing the healthier alternative to get nicotine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

now more and more laws issues control this field, first shoot the eliquid. i always use nicotine free.

premise could be health, but healthy control should be first action.

now more and more laws issues control this field, first shoot the eliquid. i always use nicotine free.

premise could be health, but healthy control should be first action.