Sb400 Today Is The Big Day

Well we have done what we can. Today (hopefully) we will find out whether or not SB400 goes into law. If it is not vetoed today it will become law starting January 1st 2010. You can then bet your butt it will start rolling over to other states.

If anyone gets info before me please post here with any information.

Oh by the way it's this women who wants you smoking tradition tobacco: http://dist10.casen.govoffice.com/

(She created the SB400 Bill)

Why not send her a nice Thank You letter, perhaps invite her to your funeral?

Well we have done what we can. Today (hopefully) we will find out whether or not SB400 goes into law. If it is not vetoed today it will become law starting January 1st 2010. You can then bet your butt it will start rolling over to other states.

If anyone gets info before me please post here with any information.

Oh by the way it's this women who wants you smoking tradition tobacco: http://dist10.casen.govoffice.com/

(She created the SB400 Bill)

Why not send her a nice Thank You letter, perhaps invite her to your funeral?

Corbett was vying for getting a Torch Award, awarded to the legislator who gets the most anti-tobacco legislation passed.

I did some research, Chris, and I found that there is a long-term, anti-tobacco strategy with cross-pollenization of international (WHO), Federal, State and local agencies working in cooperation to gradually eliminate tobacco everywhere. They are well-funded, mostly by our tax dollars. They set up this longterm strategy a number of years ago and never expected electronic cigarettes to come along mess up their projections and targets.

E-cigs are sort of "neither fish, nor fowl" -- they are smoking, but not smoking; they aren't pharmaceutical nicotine replacement, but they are nicotine; and they have their own potential advantages/disadvantages when it comes to affecting their plan/strategy. In short, e-cigs are a new "variable" in the face of bureaucrats who want no new "untested and uncontrolled variables". That is why e cigs are under attack from all sides.

It sounds bizarre -- here's the e cig that can get people to quit smoking and these anti-smoking bureaucrats are trying to eliminate it -- but it makes perfect sense if you are an anti-smoking bureaucrat who wants to control everything and wants nothing to affect you plan.

In short, we are getting thrown under a truck by bean-counters and tobacco-abolitionist zealots -- and in the saddest of ironies, we are the ones paying their salaries.

As big of a deal this is to all of us, our cause is the size of a nats pimple compared to all of the other issues these clowns are f-ing up. So, look at it this way - come next election, I really think a VAST MAJORITY of these people will be down at the unemployment lines with thier ex-constituents. Now THAT is something we CAN do. I know a LOT of people think thier vote doesnt matter, but just ask Al Gore, he lost by 5000 votes. It may mean we lose the battle, and have to bite the bullet for a time, but we HAVENT lost the war. When we elect more open minded people to represent us, things can be repealed. :shiftyninja:

Edited by keenan

"Well we have done what we can. Today (hopefully) we will find out whether or not SB400 goes into law."

So Chris, if it IS vetoed, how much time do you think it will buy us

Maybe enough time to get some REAL information out there about PVs , maybe enough time to give us a fighting chance.

As big of a deal this is to all of us, our cause is the size of a nats pimple compared to all of the other issues these clowns are f-ing up.....It may mean we lose the battle, and have to bite the bullet for a time, but we HAVENT lost the war. When we elect more open minded people to represent us, things can be repealed. :shiftyninja:

From your mouth to God's Ear, Keenan!

I just keep thinking about that Ayn Rand quote:

"There's no way to rule innocent men.

The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals.

Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them.

One declares so many things to be a crime

that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."

From your mouth to God's Ear, Keenan!

I just keep thinking about that Ayn Rand quote:

"There's no way to rule innocent men.

The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals.

Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them.

One declares so many things to be a crime

that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."

Thats what happened during prohibition. Honest, hard working people were forced to break the law when thier livelyhood was abruptly classisfied illegal. For all of the real criminals ( Capone, Karpis etc.) who were KILLING people to make a buck, there were twice or three times as many who sold brew because thats the ONLY profession thier family had ever known. This is no different. The Govt., or a select few holier than thou, closed minded, idiots have the POWER to say " I know whats best for you so this is how it will be ". This WHOLE ridiculous situation boils down to ONE thing - FOLLOW THE MONEY. Look at the people behind this bill- who is one of thier BIGGEST contributors ? Pfizer . Who is Pfizer ? They make Chantix. What is Chantix - its the stop smoking drug that has killed HUNDREDS of people from side effects, one of which is suicdal thoughts. If e cigs are as succesful as they FEAR it will be, it will RUIN Chantix. If it ruins Chantix, Pfizer stops donating. If youre an elected official relying on thier donations to get re-elected, well then my fellow constituents, I KNOW WHATS BEST FOR YOU. Follow the money with health care ( Insurance Companies ). Follow the money with EVERYTHING, its not who NEEDS the most, its who GIVES the most. The "Let them eat cake " mentality that brought one country to its knees. WOW, sorry, I went on a rant there. I'll shut up now ! :showoff:

...Follow the money with EVERYTHING, its not who NEEDS the most, its who GIVES the most. The "Let them eat cake " mentality that brought one country to its knees. WOW, sorry, I went on a rant there. I'll shut up now ! :showoff:

I completely agree, Keenan. But one of the problems is that "the money" is actually coming from us -- from our tax dollars.

Right now 17 million homes in the US are in pre-foreclosure. Here in the Sacramento area, over 50% of the mortgages are higher than the values of the homes. And yet, just as an example, the Federal government still has $650 Million in grants to hand out to "Community Wellness" (read anti-smoking) groups, who have decided to treat vaping the same as smoking.

How do you fight that kind of money? Pfizer and Big Pharma are hard enough to fight, but when your government is spending your own tax dollars against you? What do you do, quit paying taxes and get hauled off to jail?

DITTO!!! the waiting is nuts. he just needs to burn that bill right in front of ellen corbett. these devices for most everyone are life saving devices. but its all about money and the government doesnt make any off these things. i get that they are new and not perfected in quality control such as making sure you are 18 to buy them warning labels on all the juice and making the bottles more childproof so on and so on. but insead of banning it regulate it which is what alot of companies are doing all ready even though there is no one telling them they have to because they are being responsable. GrimmGreen has a vid about the FDA and if you havent seen it watch it cause it just lights a fire in you. this whole bill is just stupid and is a waste of everyones time

I completely agree, Keenan. But one of the problems is that "the money" is actually coming from us -- from our tax dollars.

Right now 17 million homes in the US are in pre-foreclosure. Here in the Sacramento area, over 50% of the mortgages are higher than the values of the homes. And yet, just as an example, the Federal government still has $650 Million in grants to hand out to "Community Wellness" (read anti-smoking) groups, who have decided to treat vaping the same as smoking.

How do you fight that kind of money? Pfizer and Big Pharma are hard enough to fight, but when your government is spending your own tax dollars against you? What do you do, quit paying taxes and get hauled off to jail?

Well, in my opinion, thats taxation without representation, which was the instigation of our forefathers. Believe me, I am no militant or radical extremist. I love my country, I served proudly in the Navy,but I really believe if things continue the way they are, there WILL be an uprising of SOME sort. Maybe not in my lifetime, or maybe yes. Big Pharma and big money can only hoodwink for so long, like Lincoln said, you can fool some of the people some of the time....

I dont know, I just think there are a WHOLE lot more people pissed off in this country right now than there are contented.

I only hope they decide they want to regulate e-juice and/or e-cigs, that way we can still have them. But I would still bet a lot of people would want to include them in the tobacco bans due to the fact they "look" like smoking. Some people are just such idiots.

THE ANTI-TOBACCO RECIPE FOR SUCCESS

1. Choose an industry.

2. Regulate the industry.

3. Tax the industry.

4. Sue the industry.

When one source of money dries up,

return to Step 1 and repeat

Took your advice, Keenan, I followed the money.

Ellen Corbett is up for re-election next year. On 5/18/2009, Ellen Corbett got a $1500 donation to her re-election campaign from Merck Pharmaceuticals

And there is this from May 9, 2009 Cary (Pharmaceuticals), which licensed the hypertension drug candidate from Georgetown University, patented the antismoking drug by combining an antidepressant pill by GlaxoSmithKline PLC and hypertensive pill by Merck & Co. Inc., both federally approved drugs. The company is gearing up to test the resulting once-a-day tablet, which blocks nicotine receptors and calms cravings for what Cary said will be less than the price of a cigarette pack, on 500 smokers at five clinical sites around the country. Cary then will license out the product line to a larger drugmaker that can handle the monthly payments of a final third-phase clinical trial while paying the local company for its development trouble until then.

They're banking on -- and asking investors to bet on -- what analysts expect to be a $2.6 billion market for antismoking products by 2010.

For those of you that don't already know, SB400 WAS VETOED!!!!!!

http://gov.ca.gov/index.php?/press-release/13564/

From Arnold:

To the Members of the California State Senate:

I am returning Senate Bill 400 without my signature.

While I support restricting access of electronic cigarettes to children under the age of 18, I

cannot sign a measure that also declares them a federally regulated drug when the matter is

currently being decided through pending litigation.

Items defined as “tobacco products” are legal for anyone over the age of 18. If adults want to

purchase and consume these products with an understanding of the associated health risks, they

should be able to do so unless and until federal law changes the legal status of these tobacco

products.

For this reason, I am unable to sign this bill.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Bought politician Ellen Corbett submits SB400

Dark days follow!:wacko: waiting....waiting....did Arnie get bought by big tobacco??????

Then:

Terminator strikes after years of hiding!!!! Asta lavista baby :thumbsdown:

Fungu Ellen Corbett

Dang I wish he would do one more movie with a 510 in his mouth!!!!