The Dibley Labs / E-Cig City 510 Pass-Thru

the26thdoctor

Hiya all :jump:

This is my first independent product review on this forum. So, here goes...

General Impressions

This is the only pass-thru Ive ever owned and, if Im honest, I didnt know what to expect. BOOM! This thing is a gargantuan volcano of vapour! I purchased the e-cig-city 510 pass-thru and this thing does not disappoint! Its hand-built and, unlike some pass-thrus, this has a proper USB II power cord which delivers the maximum voltage from the USB-powered device. Its not battery powered itself, so it can only be run directly from the USB socket on your pc (or from an appropriate power supply, like the proporta portable power-packs). This thing produces vapour in spades... and I still cant quite believe it!

From the USB socket of the PC, this thing runs at 5V. For the 510, I reckon this is a little on the high side and, having used the one atomiser with it for a couple of weeks now, I still get tons of vapour but noticeably more throat hit. I will put my hands up here; Im not a big fan of throat hit because I prefer what I call lung tug (where the diaphragm muscles contract when taking in a big lungful of vapour), which this beast manages to achieve every time. :jump:

With the Proporta 3400mAh 3.7v battery power pack, the vapour it produces is still in bucket-loads... but throat hit is noticeably less pronounced because of the decreased voltage. Personally, I prefer it this way because I still get lungful upon lungful of vapour without the raspy burning in the back of my throat. I dont mind being seen in public walking around with this and it can get me through a days worth of vaping before I even need to think about giving the power pack a recharge. This combination has taken away a major source of stress when out and about... I just wish Id thought of it sooner! Doh!

dsc01092i.jpg

In terms of durability; I do reckon this thing will last me longer than the 12 month warranty that comes with it. In fact, its so well built that I cant see myself needing another for a very long time. Whilst the warranty is generous for this type of product, I am pretty confident that Garry knows there wont ever be too many warranty claims on this line of his products. In many ways, Im glad I chose this as my first model because this thing will save me money; as it has certainly been built with reliability in mind.

Pros

• Tons of vapour and exceptional throat hit if used with a PC power source
  • Good emergency device, if used with a decent portable power pack that has sufficient amperage to power it
  • Being a manually operated pass-thru, there is no cut-off point, so you can inhale as much vapour as your lungs can manage in one sitting!
  • Very well built and comes in a variety of atomiser types
  • Sealed, for direct dripping
  • Exceptional customer service and cheap postage costs... wherever you are in the world
  • Unbelievably cheap!

Cons

• Er???... I really will have to think about that... Er... Sorry... Er... No... I cant think of anything at the moment. Oh well! ;)

Overall Experience

I really enjoy using this device and I wish Id purchased one sooner, as it would have removed a great deal of anxiety about not having enough charged batteries.

Because it can be powered from a USB device of your choice, consistency of vapour production is simply not an issue.

These devices produce tons of vapour because they have good internal wiring and deliver the voltage straight to where its needed... rather than simply lose it en route.

If I purchased another one, I would probably opt for a 901 or 801 model because I feel they can cope with higher voltages slightly better than the 510 models can.

As for the build quality and price; I honestly dont think you could get a much better model for your money. It would be inappropriate for me to quote the prices here but I would invite you to take a look for yourselves. E-cig-city could teach the mainstream manufacturers a great deal about robustness because these things are solid.

If you are interested in an e-cig city USB Pass-Thru, you can find them here e-cig city

Ta ta

J :jump:

Edited by the26thdoctor

Hey J--yet another item to add to my list of wants--I'm thinking this one has moved to the top of the list. It helps that its one of Garry's--I know its handcrafted with love and care--gotta love quality products--UK made no less.

:thumbsup:

Hey J--yet another item to add to my list of wants--I'm thinking this one has moved to the top of the list. It helps that its one of Garry's--I know its handcrafted with love and care--gotta love quality products--UK made no less.

:thumbsup:

Excellent review J - Garry is one of the good ones!

Excellent review J - Garry is one of the good ones!

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. I totally agree with you both... Garry really is a truly nice guy in his own right. To put this into perspective... He knew that I had a mate who was really down on his luck, so he sent me a pcc to give him. When I wrote to Garry to tell him how much his kindness had been appreciated by my friend, I got the simple reply "Better to give it to someone who will use it, than to rip it to bits for profit". I feel like Lister in Red Dwarf regarding Ace Rimmer..."What a guy!" ;)

I am also the lucky recipient of Garry's Titan Pass-Thru battery box mod. Of all the toys I have at the moment, this is by far my favourite... even though it doesn't have an LED! lol! (Lisa knows how much I love my blue lights!!!). Unfortunately, Garry no longer lists these on his website, or I would have posted a review about this too. I think you'd like one Prof because you can use it like a Janty, or an e-cig, or like a pipe too... just for those "Gandalf" moments I'm prone to having. It really is one versatile piece of kit with a decent battery life. "I loves it!" (he says, with a "Sméagol" voice)

Arrivederci per ora (or bye for now)

J :jump:

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines