Xtar Wp2 Charger Problem

So i've been using my xtar wp2 charger with no problems for a couple months now. Went to charge my battery today and as soon as I placed the battery in the charger, both status lights (normally constantly green) turned off completely. I'm positive i didn't put my battery in the wrong way. It's still on it's normal .5 setting. I've tried different outlets, still the status lights won't turn back on. It's like it just entirely died. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions? I have no clue if it's just the status lights or if the charger isn't working entirely.

That sux.Never heard of that brand so I am not sure what to say.I will do some research.Is the LED on the wall wart lit up?If not it has taken a dump.This would be a good time for a trusty multimeter.You should be able to measure 12 volts on the plug ,if so you should be able to measure around 4 volts on the battery contacts.That should identify if its working or which peice is broken. http://budgetlightforum.com/node/13958 http://www.candlepow...-WP2-II-charger

Edited by mcquinn

Well, it appears it's not the charger itself, but rather the AC adapter. I swapped it with the car adapter and tried charging it and it works fine. I'm going to see if COV will let me buy a new AC adapter or maybe i can pick one up at radio shack. Super weird that it just died randomly just as i was pluggin in a battery, no idea if we had a power surge or what the deal is. The good news tho is the charger itself is working.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...