Vp1 Usb Or Car Chager For Camping Trip

pendarus

I just got a VP1 it is due Tuesday or Wednesday. I am going camping next month and wondering where I can get a charger that works off USB or 12v power point in my car.

Just been Vaping 2 weeks and already bought a VP1. Boy has the worm turned for me!

Thanks!

No the passthrough does not charge the battery. It actually screws on like a battery and gives you constant power to the atomizer.

I'm not a big fan of the chinese made passthroughs though.

The one I saw has a 10440 battery inline. They talk about being able to unplug and still have power to vape.

Example

I had one of those passthrough's for the 510 and I did not like it. So I took it apart and used the battery threads for a mod I made. Then I found the problem. The wires were stripped back to far and were shorting out. It might have worked fine but now it's to late. You are able to use it not plugged into the usb via the inline battery and it does charge that battery while plugged into the usb port. If you get one, buy it for a store in the states so you won't have a problem returning it. I bought mine from overseas but it was less than $9.00.

Returning items to China is a "duck".

................................^^^Chris, I did use the word duck, not he other word for a girl puppy.....lol

Edited by thegreen

Ah ok. Well that will charge the battery attached to the passthrough but not the cig battery itself. Although that's not why the battery is placed there in the first place, it's actually put there for older computer because they don't have the same power capacity that newer computers do.

But yes you could unplug and keep using it :)

I was thinking about removing the 510 end and the wires, just leaving the USB plug and battery holder/charger. Instant portable USB 10440 battery charger.

I have no need for a 510 passthru since I use a 901 and the VP1 is coming with a 801 adapter. I got in on the 30% off sale at Wicked and got a 5 pack of 801 attys for 24 bucks!

To bad today is a holiday, the VP1 and the attys from Wicked are both "out for delivery" according to the USPS. I cannot wait!

Thanks for the info everyone. I'm a computer geek and modder, so everything I see is a modding opportunity!

Why not use something like this for the car: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2366199

Excellent suggestion Chris, I have one of the 100 watt units that I use in my wife's car, it just plugs into the power outlet. In my truck I have a 2500 watt inverter mounted under the back seat and hard wired to a secondary battery with a one way charging diode so I can run just about anything from the truck.