Vg Versus Pg

RedRed

I'm new to vaping, and have only been using a PG liquid so far. I can't help but feel that maybe it's not so safe to vape PG, and maybe vaping stuff made in China isn't great either. Is VG (vegetable glycerine) supposed to be safer? I see Vermont Vapors makes VG liquids here in the USA. Any comments appreciated.

PG is recognized as general safe by the FDA. The bottom line however is that there are no long term studies done on the long term effects of PG. But I think common sense tells us it's safer than traditional tobacco. I find it humorous how health conscious everyone becomes when the quit smoking. 4000 chemicals and now your down to about 5. ;)

Studies have suggested that VG may be an even safer alternative. Again though, there are no long term studies done on the effects of inhaling VG either.

I find it humorous how health conscious everyone becomes when they quit smoking. 4000 chemicals and now your down to about 5. ;)

I can surely see Chris' point. I have preached to my family for years about the dangers of too much salt intake and and eating crap, all done with a cigarette dangling out of my mouth, it's no wonder my kids don't listen to me.

For some reason, I've gravitated towards the VG base myself. Not that I had any allergic reactions to PG. It's just what happened in my case.

Reports suggest that VG (or reduced PG, as Johnson Creek now puts it) is a tad thicker than straight PG e-juice. Myself, I like that... thicker juice would mean less leaking. Anyway, it works for me.

As it is... we in fact can't be certain of the health effects of vaping whatever formula we acquire. Reliable studies have yet to be done on any of it to any significant degree. At present, we vapers run on intuition. Our collective instincts, informed by all data available to date, incline us towards the positive end of things. We feel vaping is relatively harm-free, and especially so when compared to analogs. We may well be correct in this assumption.

But proper studies, to date, have yet to occur. So we can't know for sure. Oh, what to do?!

For a phenomenon that has recently gotten California's panties in such a knot, we still know surprisingly little about vaping.

I personally think our preliminary assessment of vaping is correct. I should be surprised indeed were we proved wrong.

For some reason, I've gravitated towards the VG base myself. Not that I had any allergic reactions to PG. It's just what happened in my case.

Reports suggest that VG (or reduced PG, as Johnson Creek now puts it) is a tad thicker than straight PG e-juice. Myself, I like that... thicker juice would mean less leaking. Anyway, it works for me.

As it is... we in fact can't be certain of the health effects of vaping whatever formula we acquire. Reliable studies have yet to be done on any of it to any significant degree. At present, we vapers run on intuition. Our collective instincts, informed by all data available to date, incline us towards the positive end of things. We feel vaping is relatively harm-free, and especially so when compared to analogs. We may well be correct in this assumption.

But proper studies, to date, have yet to occur. So we can't know for sure. Oh, what to do?!

For a phenomenon that has recently gotten California's panties in such a knot, we still know surprisingly little about vaping.

I personally think our preliminary assessment of vaping is correct. I should be surprised indeed were we proved wrong.

I might just try some VG if it's thicker, I have a slight leakage problem as I tend to over drip. Sometimes 3 drops just isn't enough in my opinion and it ends up leaking.

• 2 weeks later...

I figured I'd try some VG myself. Got three from wordupecig. Seems pretty good but the flavor does get a little lost but I like a lot of flavor. I wanted to see if my runny nose is due to PG or just regular allergies...Jeff from wordup is excellent, I think he's spent more money calling me to straighten some issues out (on my side) and answer questions than he could have made on my order. Excellent customer service. I tried one of their 801 attys and it started up really good so I'm sure they will be excellent as well and seemed to have an easy draw. Next up is some VG from VermontVapor, they offer VG and 0 nic.

Props to Christopher on the awesomevapor recommendation for 801 "lowbridge" attys. They're excellent as well, I can drip into my Janty Stick now. Must have just been really bad luck with my first bunch as I can drip in the 801 from wordup as well.

I figured I'd try some VG myself. Got three from wordupecig. Seems pretty good but the flavor does get a little lost but I like a lot of flavor. I wanted to see if my runny nose is due to PG or just regular allergies...Jeff from wordup is excellent, I think he's spent more money calling me to straighten some issues out (on my side) and answer questions than he could have made on my order. Excellent customer service. I tried one of their 801 attys and it started up really good so I'm sure they will be excellent as well and seemed to have an easy draw. Next up is some VG from VermontVapor, they offer VG and 0 nic.

Props to Christopher on the awesomevapor recommendation for 801 "lowbridge" attys. They're excellent as well, I can drip into my Janty Stick now. Must have just been really bad luck with my first bunch as I can drip in the 801 from wordup as well.

Im REALLY impressed with wordup as well. Ordered the wrong nic level, left a comment, and RIGHT after I hit "send", my phone rang. 2 days ship time was awesome too. He sent me a free sample, and I chose Pepsi. Now, Ive tried Coca Cola from another supplier, and it tastes like flat cola, its good, just flat. The Pepsi from wordup is friggin AWESOME. No flat taste whatsoever. I almost feel like Im holdin a bottle of the stuff.

Im REALLY impressed with wordup as well. Ordered the wrong nic level, left a comment, and RIGHT after I hit "send", my phone rang. 2 days ship time was awesome too. He sent me a free sample, and I chose Pepsi. Now, Ive tried Coca Cola from another supplier, and it tastes like flat cola, its good, just flat. The Pepsi from wordup is friggin AWESOME. No flat taste whatsoever. I almost feel like Im holdin a bottle of the stuff.

I'm out of control again. The stuff from Vermont Vapor is Great. I tried Choco-Mint and Mint, out of stock on menthol. I also have to find out how much PG is in these, some of the VtVapor liquids have PG. Seems thin like Johnson Creek but vapes well. Still no great throat hit but I do want to try the VG route. So now I've ordered a sampler of 3ml bottles, all different flavors, $3 a bottle 20mg nic but just for sampling. I figure I'll be down to 0 mgof nic soon, may as well give up the menthol ghost and try other flavors as well.

Speaking of Johnson Creek, I just can't get rid of the fact that I like their mix, not sure how to describe it, smoky, creamy, tobaccoey (okay I made that up). Seems to be part of their base. So now I'm mixing the JC 0mg, menthol reduced PG with other menthol/Mint flavors. I got juice all over the place in my house...

I love there Maple, I would try that also. Choco-Mint is amazing as well. If your room looks anything like mine, you must get the strangest looks : ) People ask, "What is all that stuff, why do you have so many?

I found that the biggest advantage of VG is that it's easily obtained. You can get a good food grade VG at Walmart. If you don't mind mixing your own, it's a pretty good bet. It's thicker and sweeter tasting than PG but some people thin it out with Vodka. I personally like it being a bit thick as others here have said. You can usually find the Wilton brand glycerin at places like Michael's and Walmart.

Well...I've now tried vG liquids, and, while they taste nice and make outstanding vapor...I don't get the throat hit. Apparently, the throat hit is very important to me, because I feel I need to have it, and I'm still going back to my PG liquids to get it. Maybe I'll just use both and try to wean myself off the PG slowly.

Well...I've now tried vG liquids, and, while they taste nice and make outstanding vapor...I don't get the throat hit. Apparently, the throat hit is very important to me, because I feel I need to have it, and I'm still going back to my PG liquids to get it. Maybe I'll just use both and try to wean myself off the PG slowly.

PG does help with throat hit. I'm not sure if it is the fact that VG tones it down or PG helps deliver it, but I always get a better hit on PG bases. VG is good for vapor but you dont need much.

If you don't mind mixing, one trick I use is to order a PG based liquid and then add a bit of everclear/VG to it. I keep a 135ml bottle of 50/50 everclear/VG mix on hand and add about 2 drops per ML of PG liquid. It will drop the nic % by 10% (turning 36mg into 33mg roughly), but it will give a bit more vapor without making the juice too thick or losing throat hit. The everclear/VG mix is also great for cleaning the flavor from an atty. Just direct drip the mix and vape for a while. I remove menthol this way if I need to re-task an atty for a new flavor.

One thing to note about VG:

As an insulin dependant diabetic, I noticed immediately that my blood sugar goes up significantly when vapeing juice with vg in it. PG does not have that effect...

As for the long term effects of PG vapor inhalation, there's TONS of research!

Start here:

vapersclub.com/pg.html

you'll be amazed!

One thing to note about VG:

As an insulin dependant diabetic, I noticed immediately that my blood sugar goes up significantly when vapeing juice with vg in it. PG does not have that effect...

As for the long term effects of PG vapor inhalation, there's TONS of research!

Start here:

vapersclub.com/pg.html

you'll be amazed!

That is an amazing read. As far as allergies from the previous posts, I suffer from enough as it is, the PG doesn't seem to really enhance any current allergies for me personally, neither does VG. The only thing I noticed about PG is it will give me a but of a tummy ache over the course of the day, unlike VG based juice.