Shorty Tank For 808

It's been a year since I started vaping (YES!). But I'm still looking for that sweat spot. Just bought a VMAX a few weeks ago. No joke, it runs hotter than the display registers. Burnt up a couple of Ego attys, but found that cartos work best. Even better are 510 cartos in tanks (at least 2 ohm). What I discovered though was that 808s don't burn up on the VMAX. I've got quite a few from when I was vaping the smaller PVs and I realized that they would probably do the trick in a tank if I punched them. Trouble is that I can't find a shorty tank for 808s. Anyone out there know if they even exists?

1. Why not adjust the voltage properly?
  2. Why not select decent resistance (ohms)
  3. Why not wrap your own "wick & wire"?

I've seen a lot of folks talk about connectors in place of resistance/voltage/amerage/wattage - it seems self-destructive.

It was set at 3.0, the lowest that it will go. It still burnt attys.

REAL ego attys from will work. Knock offs burn up.

3.Why not wrap your own "wick & wire"?

I've seen a lot of folks talk about connectors in place of resistance/voltage/amerage/wattage - it seems self-destructive.

Because, while I have read quite a lot on this forum and others about resistance/voltage/amperage/wattage, I am not at the point where I want to build my own. Plus, I didn't ask about connectors. I asked about an 808 shorty tank.

3. Why not wrap your own "wick & wire"?

Why not answer her question?

Nope. I need a tank that an 808 will fit into.

Would an adapter not do? I mean to use a tank with 808?

Yup.

hmm.. I think you must be talking about those DCT-style tanks - with the carto up the center.

Pass. Carry on.

yes sir :)

though to be honest, i'm not sure y op thinks that 808 carto's somehow work better than 510 ones. they're the exact same cartomizer with a different thread pattern. however, i'm not here to argue and i'll happily point them in the direction of what i personally believe is the best 808 vendor/manufacturer out there. if i had to guess i'd say op is having an underlying problem with their vmax. they're not the best quality devices out there. and they do NOT show true working voltage, they actually fire quite a bit higher than what they read.

op, v4l may look like they're overpriced, but what they do is if you sign up for their email newsletter on their site, they have a sale at least once a week for anywhere from 25-50%. so in the end they're actually very well priced.

Edited by blucavvy

I prefer 510s too. The thing is, I've got all these 808s lying around that are perfectly good, and take the VMAX well. Why not recycle and use them in a tank which is my perferred vape when I'm got egoing? Just thought I'd get my money's worth. I saw the vfl tanks but they're for the long cartos and I've got the shorty ones. Maybe I can cut the tank down to size? Well now that would start my on the do-it-yourself track and I've got more vaping gear than I can keep track of all ready! Thanks for the suggestion though. If it keeps me vaping, it keeps me happy.

yes sir :)

though to be honest, i'm not sure y op thinks that 808 carto's somehow work better than 510 ones. they're the exact same cartomizer with a different thread pattern. however, i'm not here to argue and i'll happily point them in the direction of what i personally believe is the best 808 vendor/manufacturer out there. if i had to guess i'd say op is having an underlying problem with their vmax. they're not the best quality devices out there. and they do NOT show true working voltage, they actually fire quite a bit higher than what they read.

op, v4l may look like they're overpriced, but what they do is if you sign up for their email newsletter on their site, they have a sale at least once a week for anywhere from 25-50%. so in the end they're actually very well priced.

yeah, i just honestly don't know of a tank that takes a standard carto. but i don't know that much about tanks so that may be left to more tank experienced members to answer. it's not a question of what thread the tank takes cuz it doesn't care. a tank is a tank. but all the DCT's that i've seen need a carto that has a flange on the bottom of it. without that flange i don't think the tank will seal properly.

someone correct me if i'm wrong but yeah i just don't see any way around it other than to just vape the 808 carto's you have as carto's.