Cartomizer Won't Stay Wet

I'm using this: http://www.mistymountainvapors.com/510-Dual-Coil-Tank-Cartomizer-DCT.htm

For some reason, the last couple of cartos I've put in this thing won't stay wet. I do everything as I always do, I fill the tank, then make sure the carto is good and topped off, in several ways that were given to me here. But I'll vape for a few minutes and then suddenly get a dry hit. It seems like it isn't pulling juice in from the tank. I've tried changing the voltage on the Twist, I have used two different juices from two different vendors, and I have had this happen on 2 cartos back to back. I keep rewetting the cartos myself, and I'm good for a few minutes, then dry. I'm out of ideas on what could be causing this, and it is getting really annoying. Any ideas?

Some people put extra holes in or enlarge the ones you have.Seems to popular problem for high VG users.Cooler weather will also thicken liquids casing them to be too viscouse to flow through small holes and wick into to filler.

you can also try removing the tank every half hour or so, plug the hole at the base with a finger and take a few cold hits. that and pulling the drip tip off and sliding the tank up and over the air holes, this allows the holes to bring some air in cuz when they're constantly soaked in the liquid they get "clogged". works for me anyway, you still have to top the carto's off every once in awhile but those few little tricks have always helped me.

What juice are you using? If VG is 50% or higher that's why, you'll want to either slot the carto with a dremmel or punch extra holes using a carto punch. Those prepunched holes really only work for high PG juices.

I vape a 75PG/25VG mix, and while some might shudder at this method, i use the prepunched hole to hold a nail in place, then give it a medium strength whack with a hammer (only 1) that enlarges the hole but keeps the nail from piercing any of the innards of the carto. Works well for me.

• 1 month later...

I have only had this problem once and it was when I didn't fill the cartomizer at all. My guess would be you have a high vg juice and it isn't getting into the cartomizer as the others had said. If you wish you can try to make the holes on the cartomizer yourself or get one of these: http://www.litecigusa.net/SmokTECH_DCT_Cartomizer_Punch_p/510dct-punch.htm

• 4 months later...

I've had this problem before, usually means that the carto is just trash. But while its on your device pull through in hard short breaths without firing it. You should be able to watch the bubbles go into the carto. If it is harsh after that I tend to take a safety pin and poke a little at the feeder hole kinda spreading out the cotton, don't poke too deep cause you could damage the coil. If that doesn't work trash the carto and pick up a new one. Hope this helped!