Did Pics

Uma

Oh shoot, I should have shown the pic that shows the button. The pic above is the opposite of the button, with a special engraving on it. The button is to die for, I mean it's one sweet button.

Here's a pic of the button's side: (hopefully. Preview won't enlarge the pic)

post-1865-0-08835900-1348440649_thumb.jp

WOW! that's what the roller looks like?! *grabby hands* i'll definitely be keeping an eye on that site for later...

yeah, i totally realized after watching videos that the size of the mini was what was giving me the most trouble. classical me though, but i got it now and i'm looking to get another one (different though, still looking..) although i love the mini! it's so good for how small!

its been so long since ive used a tank... i feel like i hardly see my e-juice anymore. although gotta say it's nice to not have to carry around bottles anymore :)

haven't tried any new mesh/wire. I'm thinking of getting some of the 30 next time i get supplies...

i don't get the #s of the mesh at all.. what's different about the 500 compared to what comes with the atty's?

yes i know! i need to take pictures, i've been horrible at remembering things lately... O__o

It has more fiber material for the wet juice to cling to, so the juice climbs faster and the wick stays wetter for chain vapers. My 400 wick is perfect for my stye of vaping, (draw every 2-5 minutes when at pc) and I never ever get a dry hit, but even so, I'm curious to try the #500. I wonder if mine will flood? If you experience any dry times, try the #500. (304 or 316 only, as those are foodgrade and corrosion free).

Overall? I would suggest sticking with what Jim at e-vape.gr sells!

I'm going to try to pick up a Gemini from Jim, when I can. It's a regular DID tank, with the smaller Mini DiD cap. Good reviews on it so far.

There's so many gennies out there!!! You'll be hard pressed to find a better vendor though, with all the parts ya need for their creation. :) It's crazy out there! Love the evolution, can't wait til more are available as easily as Jim's are. It would be fun to try them all.

::: anybody seen my lottery ticket?:::

alrighty! here they are as promised :)

sorry for the quality..but i figured i'd get these up and take nice ones later

mini DiD on precise+ brushed stainless! :)

my mini DiD coil ... (wick could use a clean :P)

post-15216-0-88099900-1348711919_thumb.j

post-15216-0-42379600-1348711935_thumb.j

well, it takes a very large learning curve. that being said those that haven't gotten so frustrated that they throw them away have given them pretty incredible reviews. it's something i'm hoping to try soon. not the DID specifically, but a rebuildable atty.

There are no stupid questions! We're all here to learn more. BluCavvy is correct, the DID is a Genesis Style Re-buildable Atomizer. It is the first one to be affordable and available in a store. Up until lately we had to join forums and threads to get one, and at much higher cost. The forum lists were long and tedious as well.

Today there are many genesis style available, but only a few are sold in online stores. (DiD, Cobra, Spheroid..)

Here is a video by Igetcha69 that should help to describe what it is.

I would also like to go ahead and add my 2c :P

doing pre-purchase research is imperative to the best experience with these imho. watch as many videos as you can and don't be afraid to ask for help.

it took me 3 days to get my mini DiD to work for me but i haven't put it down since!

the learning curve is steep but there is a lot of great help out there (thanks Uma!!) and once you get it, you got it!

definitely be patient, it will pay off. plus, then, you'll have an indestructible atty!

didn't really know where to put this, so i guess here for now?

another DiD clone, but it's gold plated?!

anyone know about this? / what's with the gold? (is that bad/good?)

it's the 'e.o.d' rebuildable tank

http://shop.vaporbitch.com/The-EOD-Gold-Plated-Rebuildable-Tank-End-of-Days-Atomizer-EOD-GOLD.htm

anyways thought i would share...

:)

I would also like to go ahead and add my 2c :P

doing pre-purchase research is imperative to the best experience with these imho. watch as many videos as you can and don't be afraid to ask for help.

it took me 3 days to get my mini DiD to work for me but i haven't put it down since!

the learning curve is steep but there is a lot of great help out there (thanks Uma!!) and once you get it, you got it!

definitely be patient, it will pay off. plus, then, you'll have an indestructible atty!

Good post JDog! I haven't put mine down either, except long enough to clean it whenever the flavor dulls. (empty the tank with syringe, gently twist up and out the wick, dry burn the coils with pulsating action, reTorch the wick, reSeason the wick, rePlace the wick). As long as we also stock up on all the replaceable parts (mesh, wire, center post and nuts, insulator thingies, o-rings,) then we'll be vaping in peace while the rest of the world does in war dance. Priceless.

didn't really know where to put this, so i guess here for now?

another DiD clone, but it's gold plated?!

anyone know about this? / what's with the gold? (is that bad/good?)

it's the 'e.o.d' rebuildable tank

http://shop.vaporbit...er-EOD-GOLD.htm

anyways thought i would share...

:)

I have no idea, and they're not saying. If it were top-notch 304 kitchen grade SS like the Bliss or Zen, they would be shouting it from the rooftops... so I would assume, especially at that price, that it's another Plated brass copy. It might even be a Phoenix??

I don't know.

Might be great for learning curves, and emergency stockpile, for hiking and boating trips, but I wouldn't want to use it every day, due to the questionable materials.

and no, it's not the DID :)

I have no idea, and they're not saying. If it were top-notch 304 kitchen grade SS like the Bliss or Zen, they would be shouting it from the rooftops... so I would assume, especially at that price, that it's another Plated brass copy. It might even be a Phoenix??

I don't know.

Might be great for learning curves, and emergency stockpile, for hiking and boating trips, but I wouldn't want to use it every day, due to the questionable materials.

and no, it's not the DID :)

yeah that's what I was thinking...it intrigued me at $40 but after the lack of info I figured I would see if anyone knew. the 'gold' seems questionable to me...but time will tell, i hadn't heard about that website either

There's another 40 dollar one coming on the market soon, that is a true mutt. It's SS, which is nice, but still need to research the type of SS they used, and it is inspired by many of the popular attys already out on the market, such as the DID, the Line and the Hellfire. They're selling it as beginners Rebuildable Atomizer, and will be sent pre-set up and ready to vape.

I don't know if it's going to be a nice one or not, but at least they didn't outright steal someone elses hard work. (Making the Prototypes alone can cost over 3000 bucks, it takes a LOT of re-doing to get the product just right, like Jim the DIDman did only to have the foreign country snag it and copy it close enough to call it a DID copy... but ... it's not a clone, they didn't quite capture everything correctly, especially not the sizes of everything that has sizes, ... oops, sorry, I'm ranting).

Anyway, so yes, they stole the concepts from others, but it looks like they made it their own at least, and for 40 bucks, it might be worth a shout out for those who want to try one. I'm not endorsing!!! I don't even have one to compare or judge, I'm not condoning either.... yet, at this point anyway. I'll know more in a few weeks. If you're interested, it's called the SS Maximus pro

Maybe I can have a Moderator change the title of thread to Genesis instead of DID. (the people who requested pics never showed yet anyway lol).

• 2 weeks later...

you know, i wasn't sure that i would like it at first, but its surprisingly light and soft! i really like the enamel it reminds me of the 'soft' feel of a mug or something. I also liked that it's smaller than most ming vase tips, i had a metal ming once and it was really big and heavy...

nice cheap alternative to something fancier than delrin/plastic but not as expensive as glass!! :D

it was a surprise! the hubby had one waiting next to my coffee the other morning. it was really sweet :P aww.... hahahha!

i'm surprised with the bolt actually, for being a smoktek mod. it's got the extension to fit bigger battery/kicker too! - been eyeing a kick for a while-

and i like the finish of the cylinder. although, it totally lacks the 'butter' ... gotta go to the precise+ for that... at least until i can get my paws on one of those new fancy tube mods from atomizzoo.... :)

also, for when i get a regular size DiD, it'll be big enough around. the prceise+ is so skinny even the mini DiD is wider than it, and ends up looking kinda like a bobble head :D

You sure got my number, I love a good purple!

Give your hubby a big ol' hug from me. Tell him I said he rocks! That is just the sweetest ever.

I'm surprised the P+ is too little for the MiniDiD. Is yours one of the older (yet just as beautiful) models?

Jim, the DID guy at MMVapors that used to be e-vape.gr, is creating a mod that will look hybrid with his DID's. He's also going to create a Fat DID for the bigger mods out there. We're stoked,

The Atmizoo team says they're in final production and testing of the 3 upgrades and they are almost ready to send out to the previous owners. They got held up a little longer, the typical scenario of any business venture, having to wait on the machinist or his machines to get fixed or whatever, but they are back on schedule.

Today my MDID went dead, and it's no wonder, what with all the gunk built up around the coils. I was in a hurry, so I just unwrapped the coil, wiped the wick with a paper towel to remove the excess black stuff, and paper towel swiped the wire. Then I recoiled the same wire but with one less wrap, and .... wow! Next time I won't waste any time getting that small chore done. It only took about 10 minutes. I'm almost feeling like an old pro with this gadget now. And the funny thing is, the OHM readout was the same 2.4 as before. I'll never understand this all, but I don't care as long as it works.

I now have a Multi-meter to read the mesh after it's been oxidized and I also have a volt-meter to read the ohms while I'm wrapping. It's also a handy little base for holding the atty while I work hands free.

Edited by Uma

that's what i do when i'm rebuilding the coil too! handy ohm meter :)

you know, i was meaning to ask you if you were also having gunk. mine built up pretty fast cause i use high VG blends but it seems like it is pretty quick. not too bothersome though...

dont really understand the ohm/wrap thing either, just enough to make it work :)

yes i have an old precise+ (my avatar pic) it is a cutie but only takes a 18350. i was told they dont make this model anymore... lucky me!

i would love to see what jim has in mind for a mod.... very exticed indeed

those atomizzoo ones look really awesome! and they are so pretty!

how is yours treating you?

Yeh, some juices seem to gunk quicker than others. Also, some Volts or OHMS with certain juices will gunk quicker than others. It's russian roulette out there in atty land. Some vapers like to take the wick out every day, dry burn the coils, brush the wick off with a soft toothbrush, and they're good to go. Doing that helps to keep the flavors purer. I always intend on doing that routine... but by the time I do do it, it's so gunked up that I can't remove my wick without destroying the coils. BUT, I am getting better about it. This time wasn't so bad that I couldn't reuse the wire. So yeh, it's better to develop a cleaning routine with these, just like we used to do with our storebought attys, only different. It really helps to keep the flavor pure, like I mentioned.

You are lucky!! Those are quite coveted. I did remember right that you had one, but wasn't positive I remembered right, so therefore had to ask. The new ones fit like a glove, from what I understand. Slant top for the one, and flat top for the other. I never remember which one the Mini goes with. There's a lot of beautiful pics on the various forums of the gorgeous combos, so I was quite taken by surprise that yours didn't quite fit. I didn't know the older models were different sized. Learn something newer every day! Rest assured though, that if you decide to go with a new version, it will fit stunningly.

Oh gosh, I still love my Roller mod as much today as I did the day I got it. It's perfect for me in sizes and weights, plus it's nice being able to change out sizes to fit my needs at any time. Even the 18650 mode is comfy and smallish. In 18650 mode my LavaTube, without an atty, comes clear up to my MiniDiD's upper Knurl ring when it's on the Roller. It's much smaller & lighter than the Silver Bullet too.

I haven't had one problem with it, yet because a few purchasers had 3 seperate problems, they're sending all us previous purchasers an update/upgrade. They figure that if a few people need it now, then we'll all be needing it sometime in the future, so why not just fix us all now while they're about it. I think this company is going to grow and grow! I hope they do! I know I'm going back for a backup mod when I can. I would hate to lose my Roller, just absolutely hate it if I lost it. It's a keeper and a half. :)

Edited by Uma