Changing Flavors

mimi

Ok, so I decided direct dripping is what I would rather do. Now, what if I want to switch flavors? Do I have to drain the atty completely as to not mix the flavors, or is it ok to just add the new flavor even if there is a little of the old one in it?

Also, how do you know when to change out your blank cartridge?

Hey Mimi. It all depends on what you prefer. If your vaping menthol flav juice its a very dominant flavor, so when you switch to something non menthol you might still taste a little bit of menthol for a while. I myself dont mind if im going from cappuccino to grape or something, it just mixes a little and gives me a custom taste! You will however, unless you clean your atty taste what you have been previously vaping. As far as how long to go before changing the carts, they will turn a brown color from what ive experienced, then its time to change the filler. :thumbsup:

You usually don't have to clean the atty, the other flavor will eventually dissipate. The problem with cleaning the atty is that you have to wait 24 hours for it to dry. Just try to smoke the other flavor dry (although not to dry) till there isn't much vapor left, then go to the next flavor. :)

You usually don't have to clean the atty, the other flavor will eventually dissipate. The problem with cleaning the atty is that you have to wait 24 hours for it to dry. Just try to smoke the other flavor dry (although not to dry) till there isn't much vapor left, then go to the next flavor. :)

I have been direct dripping since day one by Chris' advice (not directly but via his videos). I have to agree with Chris on this one, just vape it down to hardly any vapor production and then drip you new flavor. I have never vaped menthol, don't really want to give it a try, menthol is not my thing. But I have vaped other strong flavors and they will vape out of the atty if you vape it almost fry then add a few drops of the new on top of it. There is no need to clean it out, just ride out the last flavor. As for how long do carts last, I have been vaping the dummy cart that came with my 801 and 901 for a month. They do get kind of loose after a lot of use and when the atty is cold, but when you get it going they tighten up. I guess they expend a little with the heat. The dummy carts don't have the receptacle for the poly-fill, so mine don't ever turn brown.