Hello From Mo

SavvyVapes

Hi All!

Very glad to find this forum and begin my/our vaping journey. Over last weekend I spent a hellish 3 days in a pact with a friend to quit smoking. Seems only fair since she got me started at 12 that we should quit together.. :animier: Right? So, on day 3 I'm dying and MISERABLE while She's feeling great.She finally tells me she's using an e-cig. :wallbash: I honestly didn't even know what it was. I picked the analogs back up and began my research.

I don't know if the same is true for everyone but it is impossible for me to watch other people vape and not smoke. Dang near constantly. The same can be said for my DH, because we are both smoking well over our norm. We are ready to make the jump, but have 0 experience with vaping, we've not even seen it in person. lol

We've looked at several "styles" of kr808 and also like the Volt v2. Thanks so much for being transparent in this forum! I would have never figured out which brands were the same thing without all the wisdom here. My goal is to be off analogs by my 31st birthday at the end of August.

Can anyone tell me if e-juice comes with a child proof cap? I've seen bottles for purchase, but I'm wondering if any brand has them already. I'm a mom to seven and I read the thread about drinking nicotine...the thought of that kinda freaked me out.

Also, if I buy blank cartos and fill them for future use (like once a week), do they leak? I want to fill them myself, but I'd like to have some filled and ready to go. Am I missing a plastic stopper or something? (I don't recall seeing them for sale)

For parents: I know the FDA has thrown a fit over the fact that pv's may encourage kids to pick up the habit. Do you think this is a concern? Ours have definitely seen the videos and research and we've explained that we want to stop smoking etc, and they should never start. What do you tell your kids about vaping?

On a bright note my mom would love to vape. She has COPD and quit smoking around 15 years ago. She wants to know why her nebulizer medicine isn't already in a pv. You know, because she "knows" how to smoke and it could be an effective delivery system. ;)

I've talked to much. Look forward to getting to know you. Thanks for making this a place where noobs like me can feel welcome.

Hello and welcome.The KR808's would be a good place to start,or an Ego type battery with Boge 510 refillable carto's .You can fill several in advance and put the rubber caps back on them.I just carry a bottle of liquid and some spare batteries and an extra carto in an old plastic flip top ciggie case.The refillable carto's have a rubber plug that you remove ,I usually discard that and use a drip tip as the plugs require something to remove them with .For the KR808's a 808/901 drip tip would be required.Most eliquid nowdays has childproof caps but I would keep it in a safe place and talk to the kids.Childproof does not really mean too much .Keep it simple at first and spend your time and money trying out all the different tasty liquids until you find the ones that work for you.Don't buy too much at a time from any one vendor until you are sure you like what they have.

Good luck to you. I am new to this as well and still have not put the smokes completely down, though as I get more involved with vaping, the fewer I smoke. It really is a lot more interesting and enjoyable than I thought it would be.

Recieved our order Wednesday morning and started vaping,after the battery pre-charge of course. For some odd reason (Thursday evening,day 2) I stopped being able to taste the e-juice, or much of anything else really for a little bit. I went to bed, got up and tried an analog, which I could taste... and ick. ( I always said they should make them in chocolate) I don't anticipate that this will be a hard switch. :) In a fit of omg-do-I-have-enough-stuff I ordered from 5 more sites today. I'm not sure vaping will be cheaper, but the taste is a helluva lot better. Good luck to the other newbies!