My Letter, Right Or Wrong, Good Or Bad, It's Sent.

This is the letter I sent. Sorry, can't take it back now. Wouldn't want to. I will write more, and often. Please take anything that you can use, just make you opinion heard. You should count. I am not saying that you do count, but you should count. Be heard.

HomeAbout ArnoldNewsroomIssuesAbout MariaAppointmentsBlogInteractEspañol

* - Required field.

Your position: Con Pro *

Subject: *

Write your email:

Dear Congressman,

I apologize if my salutation is inaccurate, I mean no disrespect. I am writing to plead with you to denounce, or at least postpone the ban on electronic cigarettes. I have found them to be a Godsend. I was able to quit 'smoking' in 3 days. I know that I am still a slave to nicotine, and that is ok with me for the moment. I know I can use this medium to reduce my need for nicotine to a minimal level and ten to quit altogether. But, I don't want that choice, or option taken away from me by the government that is there to serve me. I am well aware that cigarettes are harmful. I have been smoking since I was a teen. And now, I am not a smoker. I use an electronic cigarette to deliver a metered dose of nicotine and preforms as a traditional cigarette would. My health has improved, and I feel better, improved, and I am distressed to think that my government is now going to send me back to smoking the traditional cigarettes and all the health hazards that go along with tobacco.

I know you and many other who are making these decisions are trying to do so in our best interest. Electronic cigarettes are new, un-tested, unregulated. But, they work. They do something that all the other methods do not do. They replicate the feel and the satisfaction of smoking and therefore, easily replace the traditional tobacco cigarette. I am asking, and pleading with you, do not ban electronic cigarettes yet. Allow for more testing. Make them legitimate. Find a way to keep them an option until they are found to be exactly what they are, an alternative to a destructive addiction. Heroin addicts are given another opium product, Methadone to treat their addiction. This can't be worse than that. As a medic I know that Methadone is a lethal drug, but yet it is sanctioned. And, as a medic, I constantly see patients who could have benefited with a product such as the electronic cigarette, but it didn't come in time to prevent them from incurring serious damage. But, the future can be changed. All that can be changed if you give electronic cigarettes, vaporized nicotine delivery, it's rightful chance.

Why is it more legitimate if I stick a nicotine patch on my arm? Or take some drug that will (and has) given me horrible side effect? I have tried these options, and have gotten sick, had allergic reactions, and just plan thrown good money away. Electronic vaporizers, i know, do work. I wish I had know this thousands of dollars ago. But, I have given my money to pharma-co., and hypno-co., and now I have quite. I am a non smoker. I am a non smoker! I do get my nicotine. That hasn't changed. But, I get it vaporized, not in a sticky patch that I have to pay a premium for, and have to wear all day, and doesn't work anyway because it doesn't deal with all aspects of cigarette addiction. If you want to do nothing, status quo. Then pass the ban. If you want to really help people, wait. Talk to your constituents who have used the product. Hell, find someone in your office who is a smoker. Have them try the product and then make a decision. How can you make a decision that will effect so many without all the proper information? Hey, go out an talk to smoker who have had their life dramatically changed after quitting with the aid of electronic cigarettes. There are many!

+

I have tried many, if not all of the methods to quit smoking and I have not been successful with any, until I started using the e-cigarette. Now, I feel like I've been given a new life but I know it's about to be yanked out from under me. Please take the time to look at this issue in a personal perspective before you make you decision. If you had someone you loved who was a smoker, wouldn't you want a healthier alternative? I know you would want them to just quit. But, that is not an option for most. Wouldn't the use of a nicotine vaporizer be preferable to a tobacco cigarette with it's mirada of harmful chemicals and combustible materials?

You decision will effect so very many lives, please think of me when you make it.

Kathryn Pirkig

Ex smoker, present day Vapor, a much healthier person.

Contact the Governor | Internship Program | Privacy Policy | Conditions of Use | Technical Contact | CA State Homepage | Flex Your Power | Amber Alert

© 2007 State of California

Awesome email, I really liked it. Keep it up! :D

Thanks. I'm at a "Fuc#it. what have we got to loose." state of mind. Flood them. Pour your thoughts into an email or a phone call, and fuc%it. What have you got to loose? Only your right to save your own life!

Save your own life!

Well, give it a go anyway....