Only 4 Chemicals In E-Cig Vapor?

EasyE

I have always thought , hell yea, 4 chemicals v.s 4000 in a regular cig. Well , while throwing out my old bottle of juice I noticed that it listed 16 chemical ingredients.

Ingredients Method Units LOD Symbol

Tobacco essencial n/a % n/a N <5%

Tobacco leaf oil n/a % n/a N <5%

Nicotine (from tobacco leaf) n/a % n/a N <3%

2,3,5Trimethylpyrazine n/a % n/a N <1%

2,3,5,6Tetramethylpyrazine n/a % n/a N <1%

2,5Dimethylpyrazine n/a % n/a N <1%

2Acetypyrazine n/a % n/a N <1%

2Methyl butyric acid n/a % n/a N <1%

Terp ineol n/a % n/a N <1%

Ethyl maltol n/a % n/a N <1%

Guaiacol n/a % n/a N <1%

Acetyl pyridine n/a % n/a N <2%

Octalactone (gamma) n/a % n/a N <1%

Pure water n/a % n/a N <10%

Propylene Glycol n/a % n/a N <65%

Glycerol n/a % n/a N <20%

Totally Wicked ESmoking Liquid

16 STILL beats 4000 ! Hell, if it had 400 it would still be better. I smoked for 30 years and didnt give a rats ******** what was in them. E cigs are saving lives, and money. Totally Wicked is based in the U.K. , so they might have different standards on labeling. Plus, I think different suppliers use different ingredients. But, until I hear theyre putting liquid death in them, Im still vapin'. ( Might not even stop then ) :blink:

16 STILL beats 4000 ! Hell, if it had 400 it would still be better. I smoked for 30 years and didnt give a rats ******** what was in them. E cigs are saving lives, and money. Totally Wicked is based in the U.K. , so they might have different standards on labeling. Plus, I think different suppliers use different ingredients. But, until I hear theyre putting liquid death in them, Im still vapin'. ( Might not even stop then ) :blink:

I will agree with you here Keenan. Even 400 chemicals is better than 4000. Also, since there is no burning of paper and chemicals it seems to greatly reduce the harmful effects. The tar in analogs is what really seems to cause problems. At least with e-cigs I don't have a build up of tar in my body and I also don't have the shortened lung capacity that plagues all analog smokers.

This is what I dont understand. I mean, I know Im not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but Im not an idiot either. And if I can figure out that E cigs, even UNTESTED, are better for you than analogs, I DONT understand where these holier than thou morons are coming from. It HAS to be MONEY motivated, it has to be. Theres a REASON theyre not going after Jack Daniels, or Boones Farm Strawberry Wine, ( which incidently DID attract me when I was a young and stupid teenager ), and thats because while a LOT of members of Congress and the Senate have probably quit smoking, I bet NONE OF THEM have quit drinking. Its STILL socially acceptable. Their lobbyists are still lining thier pockets with WADS of cash. I mean, these are the SAME people who allocate money for research projects like "The Study of how many times a catfish blinks his eyes on Tuesdays". These are the same people who let Medicare buy a wheelchair for $2300.00 when it can be purchased online for $ 780.00. Capitolism is eating itself, and the people we have elected to be our watchdogs are only worried about who has the most toys in the end. We have a false prophet for a President who is more concerned about "air-time" than FIXING the problems he promised to fix. NOW, he wants to take over the internet. Check this link out -

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/10/05/phil-kerpen-obama-internet-czar-acorn/

And heres a link to a story about the FTC starting to regulate blogging.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,560501,00.html

This is TRULY disturbing stuff. THIS is the fuel for anarchy and revolt. "Let them eat cake" mentality. OK, Ive been ranting. Sorry. Thanks for letting me vent !

This is what I dont understand. I mean, I know Im not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but Im not an idiot either. And if I can figure out that E cigs, even UNTESTED, are better for you than analogs, I DONT understand where these holier than thou morons are coming from. It HAS to be MONEY motivated, it has to be. Theres a REASON theyre not going after Jack Daniels, or Boones Farm Strawberry Wine, ( which incidently DID attract me when I was a young and stupid teenager ), and thats because while a LOT of members of Congress and the Senate have probably quit smoking, I bet NONE OF THEM have quit drinking. Its STILL socially acceptable. Their lobbyists are still lining thier pockets with WADS of cash. I mean, these are the SAME people who allocate money for research projects like "The Study of how many times a catfish blinks his eyes on Tuesdays". These are the same people who let Medicare buy a wheelchair for $2300.00 when it can be purchased online for $ 780.00. Capitolism is eating itself, and the people we have elected to be our watchdogs are only worried about who has the most toys in the end. We have a false prophet for a President who is more concerned about "air-time" than FIXING the problems he promised to fix. NOW, he wants to take over the internet. Check this link out -

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/10/05/phil-kerpen-obama-internet-czar-acorn/

And heres a link to a story about the FTC starting to regulate blogging.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,560501,00.html

This is TRULY disturbing stuff. THIS is the fuel for anarchy and revolt. "Let them eat cake" mentality. OK, Ive been ranting. Sorry. Thanks for letting me vent !

Take it easy cowboy.....i was just saying................LOL. I never said im running down to the corner to get a pack reds. :doctor:

Yea have to remember those 3-4 chemicals that you always hear us talking about are PRIMARY ingredients. You also have to keep in mind it depends on who your buying from.

Here is an interesting thread I created a while back after the Diethylene Glycol! Scare.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/981-diethylene-glycol/page__hl__chemicals__fromsearch__1

Hi Guys,

Yeah, the flavourings do tend to get "forgotten" a little bit... but most (if not all) are approved for food use anyway (although, they are "untested" with regards to being inhaled). Some flavourists do go the artificial route because it limits the overall number of chemicals a user is exposed to in a formulation, believe it or not? Diacetyl (used in coconut flavourings, for example) which is known to cause bronchiolitis obliterans (or "popcorn lung") at high levels and frequent exposure, is only present at levels of ppb in some of these formulations. Enough to illicit an adverse effect on health? Possibly; but highly unlikely at these levels. As Keenan rightly points out; 4000 chemicals in a regular cig!!! A lot of these, as well as being carginogenic free-radicals in their own right, are simply down-right nasty for other reasons too... This is not to mention the presence of high levels of carbon monoxide in regular cigarettes either; which, although not carcinogenic (as is commonly believed), is an asphyixiant that is primarily responsible for causing some of the lethargy associated with smoking generally.

Honestly; we are sooooooooo very lucky to be living in an age where these devices are available to us. They really are a God-send. Anything that reduces harm is a positive step in the right direction. I forced myself to smoke a regular cig just the other day; to remind myself how bad they tasted. After being physically sick (way tooooo much information) and getting a migraine for my "curiosity", I was patently reminded how disgusting and nasty these things truly are!

As with all things, it pays to sensible. If you are concerned about the additional ingredients you're being exposed to; swap them around (different tobacco-types and fruit flavours), to limit exposure to some of the relative "unknowns", and watch the quantities imbibed. If a person does that, they're far more likely to come to less harm. Either way, Keenans comment about doing the maths definitely stands in this instance; just on numbers alone.

As for the ban... Of course, it's all about the money. Some people, sadly, have no shame and abuse any "power" given to them... Oh well, such is life...

Cheers folks

J :jump:

Yea have to remember those 3-4 chemicals that you always hear us talking about are PRIMARY ingredients. You also have to keep in mind it depends on who your buying from.

Here is an interesting thread I created a while back after the Diethylene Glycol! Scare.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/981-diethylene-glycol/page__hl__chemicals__fromsearch__1

Hahhaha. DAMN !!!! That a boat load of chemicals.....so much for that argument.....I still love my vapor and its no doubt more healthy the proof is in how my lungs and whole body feel. AND THEY FEEL GOOD............. :dribble: