Variable Voltage - What Is It & What Does It Do

As the topic title points out -- what it is? what does it do? especially in terms of the vaping experience. I did a bit of searching, but it still doesn't make much sense. So I think some of you folks should be able to explain it in laymen terms. This stems from a strong desire to upgrade my ego tank to the eGo-C & twist. I can deal with the eGo T, but I seem to be spending a lot of my ego juice money on new atomizers. I know there's a way to clean them, but I have two left thumbs & have managed to break a few atomizers & so I'm looking to move forward to the simplest vaping experience. "Many Thanks" as you all have had really great advice in the past.

Edited by jen_haynes

the ego twist is the best for trying variable voltage... some jucies work better at diff volts and it just lets to tune it to your sweet spot. i prefer my twist with a dct(dual coil carto tank) very simple and reliable system and you dont have to fumble with refilling it as much. in a nutshell it gives you one more way to customize your vape. i not nothing of the techy side of it, i just know i LOVE it!

i have not but i have heard great things, grimmgreen on youtube does a good review on them. it differs from the ego as in you you can switch out batteries for diff sizes and powers. but i dont belive it has a variable voltage unless you get a device called the kick, wich goes inbetween the batt and the connection and can only be adjusted by taking the kick out and using a screwdriver, so that would be for someone who knows what he/she wants and nothing else...

what it is? what does it do?

VV mods are handy and it is a thing you either like or you don't. A VV mod allows the user to change the voltage up and down usually in one or two volt increments. It uses a built in voltage regulator and either a internal digital or external manualpotentiometer. When used properly you can conserve your battery life by changing the voltage up in small increments when you feel that your battery is getting low.By doing this your last drag on the ecig will be just as good as the last. If you just want a higher voltage because of taste and throat hit your battery will drain faster.So the short answer is it is a personal choice and all depends on what type of experience you feel bests suits you. Some things you should consider is what kind of atty or carto you want to use. At lower voltage LR (low resistance) 1.5-2.0 ohm atties and cartos can be used and at high voltage HR (high resistance)3.0 ohm atties and cartos should be used.

Good luck.

When you set the voltage in a regulated VV PV it stays at that voltage from start to finish. There is no drop in output voltage. The cool thing with my Provari is that I can use a LR atty, a SR atty or a HR atty. A VV PV opens up so many more options than a standard e-cig.

When you set the voltage in a regulated VV PV it stays at that voltage from start to finish. There is no drop in output voltage. The cool thing with my Provari is that I can use a LR atty, a SR atty or a HR atty. A VV PV opens up so many more options than a standard e-cig.

Jeff what is the difference between a low resistance atty and a high resistance atty when vaping?

You normally use LR attys ( usually less than 2 ohms) on standard 3.7 V ecigs like the eGo or Kgo etc.. I use the higher resistance attys on my Provari so I can bump up the voltage. If you put too much voltage on a LR atty it will pop ( break). If you use a HV atty on a eGo you will get much less vapor. I hope this helps. I tried to explain it without getting all technical on ya. :D

+1 on the ProVari I'm currently running one with a LR Bridgeless atty with the voltage below 4 Volts and I'll tell you it is every bit as good as running a High Resistance atty on higher voltage plus the ProVari is a great device I'm on my second one(nothing wrong with the first one I just wanted a black one lol). So if your looking for variable voltage I would say you can't go wrong with the ProVari it's very user friendly and has a lot of good features such as the ability to turn it on and off, easy voltage adjustment, and the ability to check the atty ohms so you can see whats going on with it and see when you might be having one that's getting ready to go out.

I use a LR atty at approx 4V on my buzz pro dripping Boba's. For me, the combination on LR and higher V's gives straight vg great th

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

agreed... im the same way. lrcarto tank on my twist at around 4 - 4.2v a tad higher since im not dripping it....