Need Help Finding A Good 510 Wick-Type Tank System

Does anyone know of a good clear cartomizer or tank system that utilizes wicks instead of filler? It's to be used on a 3.7V Innokin Leo Pro, so it needs to have 510 threads, a single element (preferably ceramic), and be low-resistance (2 ohm or less).

I would also like to see one that has metal surrounding the bottom of the tank tubing. Everything I've found so far has the plastic tube surrounding the threaded end piece, which inevitably splits or spins free around the threaded end from screwing them on and off my PV, no matter how careful I am to grip them at the very bottom (over the metal).

I love the performance of CCV's Resurrectors, but every clear one I've tried so far ends up breaking free from the threaded metal connector end, and unlike wick-type tanks, the heat that the LR coil produces can and will burn the filler, even if you don't let it run dry...I watched it happen to a couple that were completely full of juice (you can see the black burned section through the saturated filler).

i would say the vision v2 clearomizer. do not go for the v1 the wicks are to short and the heating element is junk. the v2 has longer and better wicks imho. the vision stone v2 is also a good choice, again dont go with v1! the v2 stone also has interchangeable innards so you can get a 1.5ohm and then switch it out for a 2.0ohm or 1.8, what ever floats your boat. and the price aint half bad.

i would say the vision v2 clearomizer. do not go for the v1 the wicks are to short and the heating element is junk. the v2 has longer and better wicks imho. the vision stone v2 is also a good choice, again dont go with v1! the v2 stone also has interchangeable innards so you can get a 1.5ohm and then switch it out for a 2.0ohm or 1.8, what ever floats your boat. and the price aint half bad.

Thanks for the quick response. Any recommendations on where to buy either the vision v2 clearomizer or vision stone v2? Also, will I need any sort of adapter?

Edited by Rixter

no adapter, they are 510 threads.

vision v2 clearomizer http://www.smoktek.com/Vision-eGo-Transparent-Clearomizer-V2-for-510eGo-18-20-ohm_p_286.html

and i need to correct myself on the stone. the stone is one device, and what im talking about is the vivi nova and it is here

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=151_163&products_id=740

there re other sites that sell em and the price diff is only a couple cents. unless you find another for way cheaper please let me know!

no adapter, they are 510 threads.

In the pictures of the Vision eGo Transparent Clearomizer V2 for 510/eGo, 1.8-2.0 ohm, there appears to be a "sleeve" that surrounds recessed 510 threads, and I was just wondering if that sleeve will impede using the tank without a eGo-510 connector/"riser" (like this one - http://www.smoktek.com/eGo-510-connector--Use-eGo-Mega-atty-and-tank-on-your-mod_p_103.html ). I've never used anything with that type of recessed 510 connection before, so please forgive the noob concerns...just want to make sure I get everything I need to make this happen the first time around. :hope: Thanks again for your help.

Edited by Rixter

no problem! im a noob of sorts as well. and i have learned a ton since being on here. you cant learn unless you ask! im using a 1100mah kgo and it works fine with mine. however i was looking at the leo pro and there may be an issue with the recessed threads. i was looking around trying to find a clear pic of the threads of the leo pro and finally after having to look on youtube for anytype of clear view i would say a riser is deff needed. now i may not be 100% on that maybe another on this fourm may know for sure but from the looks of it, the threads (while they may be 510) look nothing like my the ego or kgo. so i would deff look into getting a riser.

now the nova does not have the recessed threading and should work fine, but at around $16 is an the pricyer side (still not bad for the performance!) i myself use a dual coil tank(DCT) system which i LOVE! but as you stated you were looking for a wicked system and the DCT does use a carto with the filler...

i was looking at the leo pro and there may be an issue with the recessed threads...i would say a riser is deff needed...from the looks of it, the threads (while they may be 510) look nothing like my the ego or kgo. so i would deff look into getting a riser.

I think to be on the safe side, I'll go ahead and get the riser. I found the following pic of the Vision and I don't think the sleeve will go around what I've got.df14627007526ca9ea08dc1c09906c25.image.550x550.jpg

Man, you've been a tremendous help. I'm going to place an order pronto! Thanks a million!

Edited by Rixter

sorry wrong link http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=148_162&products_id=742

these the ones I was talking about. They do not have the ego skirted threading. Also the flavor in these seems to last a while they come in a pack of 5 but I have been using the same one for 4 days now and I have refilled it close to 7 times with no flavor reduction.

OK. After CAREFUL consideration and some good suggestions (I'm sure I will get around to trying everything I've heard good things about), I decided to order the VISION ViVi NOVA™ 3.5ml Twist-On Replaceable Coil TANK for $13.99 here - http://www.esmokeronline.com/E-Cigarette-Atomizers-by-EsmokerOnline/Vision-Vivi-Nova.html?redirected=1

vivinova_2.png

The kicker for me, besides being everything I specified as a "need", was the fact that the atomizer (510 threads) can be self-rebuilt OR replaced for $2.99, and they come in 1.8 ohms. Looks to have really good seals and top and bottom plates that thread into the THICK tubing and have pressure O-rings where the tank meets the covers. I'm gonna be watching the mailbox for this one, and I'll post a review when I get a chance to put it through it's paces.

Please keep the suggestions coming, though...I'm pretty sure I'm not finished trying out stuff that I really don't need. LOL

Edited by Rixter

please post a review. btw you were correct on the vision clearo, it'll strap right on to an eGo but not just any 510 device. the built in "cone" on it is built specifically for an eGo device.

Count on a review...don't know how I missed this tank before but it certainly looks promising.

Thanks again, kgoallthewaygo, for the info, and thanks to everybody else for your suggestions so far. It should get here by Wednesday, so I will try to have a review by week's end.

Edited by Rixter

the limited time ive had with it has proven a very nice vape. i dont own one personally but my coworker has one and every time we work the same shift i manage to nab it and throw it one my batt and it vapes very well! deff would like a in-depth review

looks nice! what flavor you got there?

That's Dekang DK-TAB 24 mg. I'm not exactly sure of the PG/VG mix (neither was the vendor, but he guessed 80/20 PG/VG). It's thin, but it doesn't seem like straight PG thin.

...how's it vaping?

I hate to give too much away since I will be posting the whole story on it this weekend, but I will say that other than a few minor fit & finish issues, it's performing well. I promise a brutally honest review, which will include how it endures riding shotgun with me during a full day of building custom hardwood furniture at my day job. I'll also be trying out different PG/VG blends, as well as toting it around in my pocket in every conceivable leak-promoting position. From the looks of things, I feel pretty confident that it's gonna do just fine, though.

looking forward to reading the full review while sitting on some beach in Jamaica while sipping a rum-laced drink and vaping some Boba's :)

Stop by and get me on your way...I'll let you help me review it. lol

looking forward to reading the full review while sitting on some beach in Jamaica while sipping a rum-laced drink and vaping some Boba's :)

theres something about that bobas :thumbsup: :thumbsup: gotta run by lowes her in a min to get a saddle valve. my bobas aint seeping very well into my carto tank...