Is This The Vg You Buy And Use From The Store?

Hi all, wanting to try and make my own e-juice. Is this the right VG product to use went making your own liquid? Is it supposed to be a skin protectant like this says it is?? Also any suggestions about where to get flavors? What about the flavors they use and sell at cake supply stores? They are food flavorings...

IMG_1282_1.jpg

That's what I use for vg and I now am using up to 50% in my DIY. I used to use much less but I have been experimenting with more and I like it but 10%-20% of vg is plenty for lots of vapor.

Most flavorings, food/cake flavorings included, are water soluble and contain flavor ingredients and pg. There are some that may contain oils or sugars that are no good for an atty. Many flavors are similar in strength and 20% in the final mix is usually the most I would use. Some flavors are ultra strong and I would use 5% or less but 15%-20% is more common.

here's a simple recipe for 18mg/ml To make 5ml with 20% flavor.

2.5 ml 36mg flavorless pg

1.0 ml flavoring

1.5 ml vg

1.5 ml of vg in a 5ml sample makes this 30%vg. This is about where I would recommend a pg/vg %

• 7 months later...
is that the usp kosher food grade or is that the skin protectant stuff your only supposed to use externally?

It is all about the amount of contamination allowed to what purpose. usp food grade kosher is pretty clean to where the skin protectant grade can be used in makeup but I wouldn't vape it personally. although many do. food grade kosher can easilly be found on the internet for pretty cheap.

is that the usp kosher food grade or is that the skin protectant stuff your only supposed to use externally?

I've used both kinds. They both work equally well and my belief is that the pharmaceutical type(skin protectant) is more pure and would have less contamination in it. The food grade glycerin may contain traces of soy or nuts(and other possible things) while USP glycerin would not. I'm not sure what impurities could be in it but it can't be much, it is 99.7% pure.