Vg And Everclear

Ok so right off the bat I am going to say try this at your own risk! :excl:

So I recently purchased some VG for mixing and some everclear for cleaning my atty's. So a little devil on my shoulder :devil: said hey why don't you try mixing those and cutting it into your juice.

My mix is 2ml VG to 1ml everclear, then when I drip I usually add 2 drops of juice on my atomizer to 1 drip of my mixture. This produces very thick vapor and knocks the throat hit up 4-5 notches... Bam!

I am not saying this is for everyone, but if you have some everclear laying around you might try it. I also don't vape this all the time, usually just when I want that extra kick.

(EDIT) The reason I wanted to share this was that it does not seem to kill the flavor as much as pure VG... I get so excited about sharing something and forget the whole reason I posted in the first place... :jump:

Edited by MunkusBFunky

i suggest trying another experiment while you are at it.

sometimes cutting/mixing removed or dilutes the flammable properties of alcohol. for example once you mix 151 and Coke it won't catch of fire. i assume the proportions are critical here. you may want to combine everything together (as it would be in the atty) like flavor, vg, and everclear, in the same proportions you use then in. but do it on a plate or container, and just try to hold a flame to it. just in case, so you know how flammable it may now be (or not be).

by the way... strictly for cleaning atty, how does it work?

i just happen to have a pint of everclear on hand from the last time i visited Kentucky.

by the way... strictly for cleaning atty, how does it work?

i just happen to have a pint of everclear on hand from the last time i visited Kentucky.

Very well, a half hour to an hour soak, then blowing it out and letting it dry will get almost any flavor off. ;)

ok, so i tried the everclear for cleaning my attys...

holy hell it works AWESOME!!!

they only sat in the everclear for maybe 10 minutes and i decided to swish them around and i pulled one out to look it while i was at it and they were already clean...like brand new.

i gave them a quick water rinse and they don't even smell like everclear at all (for those who don't know, everclear is like 199 proof, and stinks to high heaven - like rubbing alcohol x 1000), you spill a single drop on your shirt and you will be smelling it for days.

i was amazed how well it cleaned them, how quickly, and how rinsing them under a faucet for a couple seconds totally got rid of the scent.

i haven't vaped from those attys yet, but it's my experience with everclear that if you can't smell it you wont taste it either, i assume that would hold true here too.

Edited by Stirfry

ok, so i tried the everclear for cleaning my attys...

holy hell it works AWESOME!!!

they only sat in the everclear for maybe 10 minutes and i decided to swish them around and i pulled one out to look it while i was at it and they were already clean...like brand new.

i gave them a quick water rinse and they don't even smell like everclear at all (for those who don't know, everclear is like 199 proof, and stinks to high heaven - like rubbing alcohol x 1000), you spill a single drop on your shirt and you will be smelling it for days.

i was amazed how well it cleaned them, how quickly, and how rinsing them under a faucet for a couple seconds totally got rid of the scent.

i haven't vaped from those attys yet, but it's my experience with everclear that if you can't smell it you wont taste it either, i assume that would hold true here too.

So where does one get everclear? I'm in NJ, is it not possible? If not, substitutions?

Edited by FTJoe

I see it at winechateau.com. of course it must be NJ based as I would have to pax 7% sales tax. I'll give it a whirl and report back.

Ahh nice. I didnt even think of trying online. Ever Clear here I come....hahaha

Ahh nice. I didnt even think of trying online. Ever Clear here I come....hahaha

Actually looks like it's no problem picking up in the big liquor stores in NJ at least...about $18 for 750ml. Now I just have to restrain myself from vaping alcohol.

Edit to add I believe if you are in NY state, you are out of luck, someone just told me that.

Edited by FTJoe

Everclear is a common cutting fluid. I crush 1 part Menthol crystals to 2 parts everclear and shake it up. Makes a great Menthol flavoring. I mix some of Arno's 36mg Menthol and VG (50/50) and like 8-10 drops of my homemade Menthol flavoring and YUM!!!!!! Now I get twice as much juice at 18mg(and about 50 proof...jk)and Awesome vapor production.

I also put my juice in 3ml bottles and I like to add 2 drops of my Menthol flavoring. You can barely taste it but you can feel it.

If you haven't figured it out by now I used to smoke Menthol cigarettes. It's been 2 month's today that I had my last analog and I don't miss them at all. SUK IT!!!! Phillip Morris!!!

I used to use Everclear for cleaning my atty's but now I just boil some water and put the atty's in the hot water and let them set for and hour or so. The method was recommended by Sean and Chris. Less expensive than using Everclear.

• 4 weeks later...

hmmm, First time I have heard of everclear. But I don't drink. Use to, when I was real young. Not now. I just heat my water from my fridge filter in the microwave for 1 minute and add the attys. swish around for a couple of minutes (be careful, hot water under severe pressure if you put on a cover. cover will expand and u WILL get scolded!) then afterwards I let sit 1 hr and let dry for 2-3 hrs. Done. ready to use. works very good for me. :thumbsup:

Everclear is about as close to embalming fluid as you can get. I would think, the primary cleaning agent is the alcohol. ( Im no expert, just my observation, I could be dead wrong). If so, wouldnt ANY gin,vodka, or whiskey work ? :huh:

@Keenan, well any clear alcohol will, I have found that brown liquor is not very good for your atomizer, also everclear and vodka are almost tasteless so you are not affecting your juice flavor as much as a gin or rum would. :wave:

Damn I wish I could get Everclear here in California. Does anyone know a good substitute?

@EasyE

You can get EverClear here in California. Go to Beverages & More, and ask for it. That's where I got mine.

@All

There is, however, a difference between the EverClear sold in various States. And this is something everyone using it ---especially those using it to cut juice) should know -- some States allow the sale of nearly pure EverClear 95% alcohol and some States only allow the sale of EverClear with a maximum 75.5% alcohol. The bottles are the same, both say "EverClear", but one has a lot higher alcohol content.

So when you are giving out recipes for vape liquid with EverClear, be sure and account for the actual alcohol content of the EverClear you are using.

In California, the alcohol content is 75.5%.

Below from Wiki:

190-proof

It is illegal to sell the 190-proof variety in some states of the United States, namely Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota [3], Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington, California, and Kansas. Everclear 190 is legally sold in some military stores within the continental United States.

[edit] 151-proof

In California, Nevada, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin, and some other states, the 151-proof variety is sold.

• 2 months later...

Here's a wiki page on Everclear, which includes the different proof levels and lists states in which certain levels are legal/illegal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_%28alcohol%29#United_States

Edited by mmseng

• 3 weeks later...

Sinjhin and I experimented with using everclear in our ecigs tonight. We did some initial calculations to make sure we weren't going to hurt ourselves. I'm too tired atm to post the math, but the generalized results lead us to believe that it's almost impossible to get legitimately drunk from the small volume of alcoholic vapor produced from an ecig. There are, in fact, vapor bars out there that provide alcohol vaporizers called AWOLs (Alcohol WithOut Liquid), which provide a much greater volume of vapor than an ecig could possibly produce. So it's certainly possible, but not with a small ecig.

We used 95% everclear, and despite the fact that our research told us that a mixture of 40-50% or greater alcohol is flammable, we were able to atomize (we think) pure everclear without any kind of combustion. Presumably the alcohol-to-oxygen ratio inside the atomizer is not ideal for combustion. And even when doing this, we were not able to detect any noticeable buzz.

The math adds up. To get "legally drunk" you'd have to somehow get a 0.1% BAC. Based on an average 5.2 liters of blood, this equals around 5-6ml of alcohol in your blood. That's the better part of an entire 10ml bottle of 100% alcohol. So you'd have to vape a whole 6ml of pure alcohol to get legally drunk, and I know I certainly can't vape that much in one night.

Also, in our experience the alcohol actually lessened the TH dramatically. I'm not even sure the alcohol was thoroughly atomized, as the resulting vapor was virtually nonexistent, or at least non-visible. It tasted more like hot air with alcohol fumes. :thumbsdown:

Too bad. I was hoping to have an instant drunk-buzz-machine in my pocket.

Edited by mmseng