Mocha Tini

Just thought I'd share my current favorite alcoholic beverage with you guys: the Mocha Tini from Tini Bigs Big Martinis in Seattle, WA. I was never into martinis, but my perspective completely changed after visiting this place with my friends while on vacation back in March earlier this year. I guess Tini Bigs is known for their unique martini recipes. I always thought martinis were just straight up vodka with an olive in it...lol. But I guess there's different ways to make a martini.

The Mocha Tini is a mix of Finladia Vodka (2 1/2 ounces), Starbucks coffee liqueur (1 ounce) and Godiva chocolate liqueur (1 ounce) "Shaken, not stirred"...lol then topped with whipped cream and garnished with espresso beans. Hella strong at first, you can definitely taste the vodka. Then the mocha/chocolate taste kicks in for an after-taste. Here's a photo I took of it before I drank it:

3976658788_4806131c09.jpg

I think Tini Bigs has about 50 unique martinis and they sell a book with all the recipes so you can make them at home. Yeah...I bought it lol. I'm actually at home now and that's what I'm drinking...pretty much the reason why I'm writing this post. Here's a photo of my attempt to make the drink:

3976658850_95a379a18a.jpg

Looks nothing like the original...haha. But hey, I think it still tastes great.

Another drink I think they're famous for is the Spanish Tini. I don't think it's on their menu, you just have to know about it and they'll make it for you. I can understand why since it looks complicated to make and only some of the bartenders know how to make it. I'm not going to write the whole recipe, but basically they caramelize a martini glass by rimming it with sugar, pouring some 151 in it and lighting it on fire. While the glass is still on fire they sprinkle nutmeg and cinnamon on it creating sparks and making the fire bigger. The process looks pretty crazy, wish I had a video of it. I have yet to try making this drink.

I really don't know what my point was in writing this post, but if any of you go to Seattle anytime soon I highly recommend going to Tini Bigs. Great place..great martinis. Currently vaping with Vapor Talk's Cappuccino juice and it just tastes awesome with the Mocha Tini. LOL

Alright...going back to vaping and drinking my Mocha Tini. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

holy heck does that look yummy!! a good martini is always the way to go!! going to definitely have to try this one!! yum yum!! and i like the way yours turn out better!! looks really creamy and not so alcoholy (aaah i love made up words!)