Digital Trends Debate On Ecigs

myrielleak

ha, what an idiotic argument the one guy puts up. i love it when tool's like that say "even the FDA says it needs long term studies" so it must not be safe!

when are people going to wake up and look at all the things the FDA says are dangerous for us? if the FDA were really looking out for us why are cigarettes still legal in the first place?

the money trail tied to certain government agencies is disgusting.....

one day America will wake up and realize that the Govt. is supposed to fear us. not the other way around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Why doesn’t the FDA ban cigarettes instead? Since real cigarettes kill people why do they allow the sales, manufacturing, and distribution of these known carcinogenic drugs? Why invest time and manpower into an effort to destroy a great ideological product especially if the product is such that it could potentially save millions? But hey even if millions could be saved I’m sure people would drop like flies from another unfortunate cause.

Very entertaining article indeed. The one thing you guys have to remember about the FDA and real cigs is that this country was founded on tobacco when it was unknown that tobacco was harmful. Millions of Americans became addicted no knowing they were killing themselves. Believe it or not there was a time that real cigs was just like the e-cigs and little was known about the effects. Now even if the FDA did want to ban real cigs it would not be possible without a mutiny. I mean, can you imagine that effects of making smoking illegal? Not to mention the financial burden on this country since we don't have any industry to speak of. I do think the FDA is in a weird situation since e-cigs are a threat to the financial stability of this country and they would love to figure out a way to keep e-cigs relevant while not losing their tobacco profits. Quite simply the Country would be screwed without the taxes and sales of tobacco. Think of all the doctors, hospitals, insurance companies and Pharma. companies that are profitting off of smokers. They too would lose big time and our market would take a huge hit.

I am def. not an FDA supporter by no means but this is just how I see it. Wish there was a solution but as long as this Country continues to outsource and not build **** here looks like they are slaves to the big tobacco companies and profits come before people lives I guess.

This was a good read. They bring up interesting points but as a vaper, I have go by our adage, IT IS VAPOR, NOT SMOKE. So I will always go against having the same rules and regulations imposed on us vapers, not smokers :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

if the FDA were really looking out for us why are cigarettes still legal in the first place?

the money trail tied to certain government agencies is disgusting.....

Could not agree more! Nail on the head with that post