What Suppliers Do You Go To For Your Diy Stuff?

Been reading around about the DIY eliquid stuff, and I was wondering where everyone gets all their supplies at. I hear of high nic level , pg, and vg liquids. I also seen some pg/vg mix flavorless bases that are like 30-50mg. I was just wondering what everyone does and where you get your supplies at, want to take a look around before i buy some stuff and get some advice from some people who have been through it before

For 100mg nic Wizardlabs or RTSVapes

For easy to mix flavors Capellas's

A little more expensive but awesome stuff, great CS and always throws in extras diyflavorshack.

What kind of flavors and such are you looking for? I have a bunch of flavors I don't use and we could probably work something out. I could probably make you a.starter kit with all the stuff you would need including pipettes, aprons,gloves etc etc.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

myfreedomsmokes.com for most of my supplies, highly recommended. They frequently have 30% off unflavored nicotine liquid sales, I will keep that updated in the supplier secion.

Edited by sasetrase

im mainly looking to find some DIY stuff where I dont really have to deal with gigantic bottles of toxic stuff. more desktop friendly-ish, right now just trying to find a simple way to get in and browse some options, and different vendors

@Monkey Personally, I would like to say I am pretty ballsy. BUT, I would not mess with pure nic. You might be able to save some more cash that way...but when Nic isn't bound to a carrier, like PG/VG, it is extremely quick to be absorbed into your skin, and possibly deadly.

60mg of nicotine is considered a deadly dose, but when you get even 100mg/ml premixed liquid on your skin, you have a FEW seconds. With pure it is almost instant, and very very scary to me. With lower nics, like 24 and below, you have even longer, and less potential for hazard.

If you have ever had slight nicotine overdose, from vaping too much, too quickly, to high of a nic strenght, you know what I mean. REALLY SCARY.

I would go with the premixed, every time. Pure nic is just TOO much of a risk. Most people say anything over 50mg/ml is too much of a risk, and I would agree. If you don't have gloves/apron/plenty of protective equipment, don't mess with anything over 50mg/ml.

DON'T EVER VAPE ANYTHING OVER 36mg/ml, and that is ONLY for super high users. I was a 2PAD smoker, and with 24mg/ml I am more than satisfied.

@twelveday The BEST way to start DIY, pick up a few flavorings you think you could add to your current liquids, and play with them a bit. I like my blueberry liquids to have some pomegrante in them, but that isn't really possible from many vendors at a cheap price. So I buy cheap blueberry liquid at my 24ml/mg strength, and add some extra blueberry and some pomegrante. I would recommend:

2-3 flavors you think you will like in 6ml or lower sizes,

a 3-6ml syringe,

some empty 5ml bottles, unless you have extra from stuff you have previously vaped.

This way you can doctor up whatever flavors you currently have and see if you enjoy it. For under 15 bucks you can pick all this up at just about any DIY site.

Edited by sasetrase

I've been mixing my own for about two months now. I ordered a gallon of each PG and VG from Amazon.com, Dr. Adorable Inc, VG for 10 lbs, which is around a gallon, for $19.99 (though I think that was a special and it is normally $29.99) And I got the PG I want to say it was $39 for a full gallon. I've barely made a dent in my VG and the PG is about 1/3 of the gallon gone, since I tend to do a 60 or 70% PG to a 40 or 30% VG. I also have been brewing my own tea flavor using the PG, there's a little waste with that, but I do a half a cup at a time because it only has a shelf life of about two weeks before it goes green and tastes funny. Also wasted a couple of cups on bad brews, but that's the nature of trial and error.

For Nicotine, I've tried a couple different brands, I ordered a 30 mil 60mg nic from ecigexpress for my first try. Between me and my boyfriend we finished off that 30mil bottle in three weeks, it seemed to be accurate for nic levels. But I am completely sold on using Myfreedomsmokes. It's 100 mg nicotine, I got the 120 mil bottle and in almost a month we've used less than a 1/3 of the bottle. I kept my 60mg nic bottle from ecig and sharpie marked 100 mg on it and refill it with a syringe from the large bottle. It's much easier to work with if it's in a drip top bottle. I only use gloves when I am filling the nicotine bottle from the big bottle. Though if you are prone to getting stuff on you I'd recommend using gloves whenever working with the high levels of nicotine. I did at first, but I never get it on myself from the drip bottle, so I don't bother anymore. I mix all my bottles of juice to either 18mg for me, or 22mgs for my boyfriend (he likes it a little stronger.) I haven't had a single problem.

For flavors, let's see, Flavor Art is good, LorAnn is good, and I absolutely love The Flavor Apprentice. I wasn't that impressed with Cappellas, though taste is subjective, they just seemed really weak compared to the other three. I go through ecigexpress for the Flavor Art and LorAnn, though LorAnn also does have a site of their own, and it is a tad cheaper than the secondary venders are. I go directly through The Flavor Apprentice, because that is the cheapest way to get the flavors. Most are only $1.40 for 4ml. The higher concentration of TFA and Flavor art make your dollars stretch. I can mix many more bottles out of those two brands than I can any of the other's I've tried.

I start with 4ml bottles of flavors, I don't ever get larger ones until I know I like it. Like the Honey or Tobacco flavors from TFA...the honey flavor has to be diluted so much before it can be used, three drops in a 5ml bottle of distilled water makes it useable as a subtle flavor, otherwise it overpowers everything, clogs cartos, and burns out attys.

I also like the Sweetener, sour, and koolade (gives you a cold hit) from TFA. I just put an order in for 30 new flavors, I'm goint to give the Kiwi and a few of the newest flavors a go this week. I've been vaping a mix I called Pomegranate on Ice. With the koolade in it it tastes just like a cold pomegranate drink, add a little alcohol flavor, like rum, and it tastes like a mixed drink, though I can't vape that for very long. Chocolate Wintergreen Menthol is also a flavor I could vape non stop for days without switching. The double chocolate (clear) version from TFA is probably the best I've had so far, though I am trying the dark one this week.

In conclusion, to get the best prices on product you have to spend a good several hours searching through sites and for sites. I've got more links than I can count in my favorites, I had to put it in a folder of it's own to keep them organized. And I always stay on the look out for other places that might have things that are used for vaping, like the PG and VG, as long as it is food grade product it is okay to use for vaping. You just have to be certain it is. I also try to avoid any of the Chinese juices. The couple I have tried as samples we horrible. I don't trust their juice. Their regulations are not nearly as strict as the USA's and Europe's. There were two reasons why I started DIYing my juices, I wanted the freedom to play with flavors, and it is more cost effected on my budget. You're going to save the most by buying gallon jugs of PG and VG and the larger quantities of Nicotine.

I was a pack to a pack and a half a day smoker. That's nearly $300 a month on analogs, that's not including my boyfriend who was also a pack a day smoker. Since we've switched, the amount I've spent on the bulk purchases and all the flavors I've gotten so far and have coming, I haven't even spent what we would spend in a month's time on analogs.

Which is better to use for DIY .. Unflavored e-liquid with a high nic content (like 35-45mg) or pure nicotine?

There is no such thing as pure nicotine,or at least you should never try to obtain it. A couple of drops could drop anyone dead by just getting it on your skin. There are some suppliers that will sell 100mg per ml(vg or pg) but even this is to dangerous to work with IMO. Personally I use 60mg per ml but since I vape 18mg/ml I could get away with using 36mg/ml. No matter what you need to be carefull and keep out of reach of children and pets. 60mg/ml probably won't get a smoker or vaper sick if it got on you skin and you washed it off right away. 100mg/ml probably would and if anyone ever drank any amount of any dosage they could get really sick or worse.

100mg/ml=10% nicotine by weight and very dangerous. Imagine how dangerous 100%pure nicotine would be!

As for non-nic ingredients. Walmart or local bakery or pharmacy for VG, Local bakery, craft store, ecigexpress for flavors. Tractor Supply sells PG which I think is USP. I got a small bottle of PG from BluemistVaping but for a $19 you can get a gallon from Tractor Supply, so long as it's suitable. Does anyone know for sure? There's one right up the street from me and they have it in stock but I never checked into it.

Edited by Mike

I have been using PG from tsc with no ill effects. Yes it is USP and $20 a gallon.

Also for flavorings there us capellas flavoring, flavor west (good flavors but generally a higher % is needed). I use 100mg nic, a pair of gloves is recommended as well as other safety equipment.

When I am in town I will always use the following link. He delivers. LOL

I also get 7ml of.TPA for $1.58. He is not the.cheapest by far but I like using local vendors. And I like his nic, not much color to.it at all.

http://www.gulfcoastvapor.com/

It's technically still cheaper to go through TFA directly if you buy anything over the 1 ounce size. It works out to being between 16 to 18 cents a mil. Where as the link you have runs at 22 cents per mil. It's cheaper from your link if you want to just do smaller sample sizes, and then order the larger amount of TFA directly to save some.

:)

Yup it is cheaper. Wizardlabs sells it even cheaper 8ml sample bottles plus you get cheap nic too. :)

Those little vials are always good until you decide what you like.

Loranns flavorings from $2.49-6.49 plus $4.95 shipping.

http://www6.netrition.com/cgi/prices.cgi?manu_id=454

Search around they have capellas and stevia for sweetener.

well i got my stuff today, and its so fun mixing. I like being able to add more flavor and such it's pretty easy like everyone said, only thing I cant get the hang of are some of the fruit flavors, add too little and I can barely taste it, but add to much and it starts tasting like fragrant perfume.

• 7 months later...

Wizard lab for syringes, blunt tip needles, glass bottles, Liquid nic, PG, VG, a few flavors. Also DIY One Stop, Vaping Zone, Freedom Smoke USA for flavor concentrates + plastic bottles.

http://www.vapeatron.com/luvinthevape-47435/

Edited by Luvinthevape