I'm Done With Cigarettes

FTJoe

Okay - two weeks and a day without a cig. I was curious today at a tailgate today if I would get the old buzz from a butt after not smoking one for a week so I tried one. Actually it was my brand as well and as soon as it hit my mouth, I thought I had just licked an ashtray. Never even got into my lungs. Anyone else experience that? I actually tried someone else's to see if it happened again, Marlboro ultra lights. Same thing, absolutely disgusting. I guess I'm done with cigarettes. I have to think it tasted the same when I first started so I have no idea how I got past that, but 33 years ago I guess I did.

i am 2 weeks no analogs and i have no desire for them. i am curious to how they would be but i think i would be like licking an ashtray or dragging on a burning tree branch!! hehehe!! my car is finally starting to not smell like smoke and that is very very nice!! no analog smokes is a good thing :)

Yea the smell and taste is NASTY. It's weird though because cigarettes, to me, tasted so good when I used to smoke them. Heck I'll be honest I kinda even liked the smell of a Marlboro Light, it just smelled different when I used to smoke cigarettes. However now, I HATE the smell of them. When someone who has just smoked, walked pasts, I'm like whoooo weeee.

Okay - two weeks and a day without a cig. I was curious today at a tailgate today if I would get the old buzz from a butt after not smoking one for a week so I tried one. Actually it was my brand as well and as soon as it hit my mouth, I thought I had just licked an ashtray. Never even got into my lungs. Anyone else experience that? I actually tried someone else's to see if it happened again, Marlboro ultra lights. Same thing, absolutely disgusting. I guess I'm done with cigarettes. I have to think it tasted the same when I first started so I have no idea how I got past that, but 33 years ago I guess I did.

I smoke an analogue every two or so days just to see what the old taste buds are doing in the way of recovering. They taste like I just licked an ashtray. I had several dirty ashtrays around the office and one in my bedroom that I had to absolutely get cleaned up after about a week of vaping. My truck smells much better and so does the house. The best benefit is that my wife doesn't give me those "looks" anymore when I spark one up. She actually likes the slight smell of the vapor, she says it smells like an opened jar of honey. I had one of my employees in my office day before yesterday and he asked if he could smoke and I said "sure", He lit that *** and man it smelled good. That has always been a favorite smell, the first drag when you light a fresh one. When I do smoke a cigarette they seem lighter than vaping, takes about half a cigarette to get that "hit" from it.

I've been smoke free for a week now and it was so easy. Just the first five carts with nic and now i'm refilling with VG and LorAnns.

Congrats to ya on being smoke free..whats your best flavors and how much flavor and VG do you use?..

Yeah, it's bizarre how much I hate something I loved less than a week ago!!! I still have almost a whole pack of Camel Wide Lights sitting in the kitchen and can't bring myself to smoke one. I did try last night at pool league, figuring I'm in a bar, I'm going to want an analog.... NOPE!!!

My wife still smokes analogs which makes it kind of rough. When I do light up an analog it taste terrible! I hate the taste of them. However, I love the smell of them and it makes me want one. I think that's because my dad smoked and it's a childhood smell memory. I can't wait to get my wife off those things!

I still have my first analog in the morning, Im kinda scared to go cold turkey just yet. And I am finding the same thing as smokingman, I dont get the hit like I used to. And my tastebuds must be opening up because the juice is having more and more flavor everyday. About a week and a half ago I got some camel juice from Vaporkings. I e mailed them to ask if they had any problems with it, I couldnt taste it AT ALL . Like it had absolutely no flavor. He replied that they didnt have any problems and that he was sorry. Now, the past 3 or 4 days, Im vapin that camel juice like a beeotch, its got an awesome flavor ( Though, it doesnt really remind me of Camel, its a lot like 555 ). Ive got some cola on the way, curious to see what that tastes like. :dribble:

I still have my first analog in the morning, Im kinda scared to go cold turkey just yet. And I am finding the same thing as smokingman, I dont get the hit like I used to. And my tastebuds must be opening up because the juice is having more and more flavor everyday. About a week and a half ago I got some camel juice from Vaporkings. I e mailed them to ask if they had any problems with it, I couldnt taste it AT ALL . Like it had absolutely no flavor. He replied that they didnt have any problems and that he was sorry. Now, the past 3 or 4 days, Im vapin that camel juice like a beeotch, its got an awesome flavor ( Though, it doesnt really remind me of Camel, its a lot like 555 ). Ive got some cola on the way, curious to see what that tastes like. :dribble:

It tastes like a flat Coke, no ****e, it really does. I have two different brands, Janty Cola and Liquid Express Cola and they both taste the same. I have noticed that the longer I vape and don't smoke, #1 the worse a analogue cigarette tastes and the better the flavors taste. #2 the flavors are getting stronger. When I got my sampler pack from Arno at AwesomeVapor, I tried everyone of them. They all tasted the same with the exception of the dramatic flavors like Banana and Coffee. I shot him an email and asked if I was doing something wrong, he said give it time and you'll see. Man was he right, now I can taste the difference in each flavor and I don't have that particular strange taste in my mouth when I get up in the morning, like I did the first few weeks of vaping. I have even stopped taking a smoke from an analogue every few days because they taste horrible. One bad thing is now I can taste the food at the restaurants, going to have to find some better restaurants!

I don't think my tastebuds are any different, but I know my sense of smell is. About 2 days after my last analog I got in my car to go to work and couldn't believe how foul it smelled. I got home that evening, got out the shopvac, cleaned every bit of dust and stray ashes and what have you out of there, detailed every hard surface, then blasted the car with Ozium, shut the windows and let it sit overnight. Repeated the Ozium three straight days and now the car smells almost like no one ever smoked in it. If you've never tried Ozium, you can pick it up at just about any car parts place for about $5 in the air freshener section. It's awesome at eliminating odors indoors.

This weekend's project is getting some of that foaming spot stain remover for carpets and upholstery, and I'm going to hit the ceiling liner and seats with it to get every last bit of that nasty tar residue out of the car.

The other thing I discovered was how all my fleece jackets reeked of cigarettes. Here where I live we sort of wear fleece 9 months out of the year, so you end up owning quite a few jackets, vests, sweat pants made of the stuff.... Anyway, I've washed every darn jacket I have. I really can't believe how great it feels to know that I'm not inadvertently grossing anyone else out with how my car or my clothes smell.

And don't get me started on how cool it is to know that I'm not blowing cigarette breath on anyone.....

This is one of the most liberating things I've ever experienced. Like they say, you never know how good it is to be healthy until you get sick. Well, you never know how good it feels to smell things that are clean until you smell your old rancid cigarette infused belongings.

Awesome! Glad that everything is working out for you so well. :)

Another issue you may run into is when you turn on your air, the vents will smell like smoke. The only way to rid of this smell is to change the air filter that is located behind the glove compartment on most cars. It will make a world of difference.

Awesome! Glad that everything is working out for you so well. :)

Another issue you may run into is when you turn on your air, the vents will smell like smoke. The only way to rid of this smell is to change the air filter that is located behind the glove compartment on most cars. It will make a world of difference.

Great reminder about the vents. I fired Ozium into all the vents and when I drive somewhere I turn the blowers up all the way to get them cleaning themselves out (wow, sort of like my lungs when I'm at the gym.....).

Now I'm going to probably get people asking me why I smell like glycerin, I suppose.

Great reminder about the vents. I fired Ozium into all the vents and when I drive somewhere I turn the blowers up all the way to get them cleaning themselves out (wow, sort of like my lungs when I'm at the gym.....).

Now I'm going to probably get people asking me why I smell like glycerin, I suppose.

Nope there is no smell even a trace after the Vapor is gone I still sometimes cant believe it myself!!!

ive had my 510 for 4 days and i used to smoke black and milds i tried one on the second day i had my pv and it tasted like ***!!

Okay - since no one is going to ask, and this is my thread, and I assume we are all adults here...how would you know what *** tastes like?

Just kidding, I'm sure it was just an expression, and if not I'm sure I don't want to know!!! ;-)

Okay - since no one is going to ask, and this is my thread, and I assume we are all adults here...how would you know what *** tastes like?

Just kidding, I'm sure it was just an expression, and if not I'm sure I don't want to know!!! ;-)

The reason I didn't ask, but thought about it, is like that big elephant in the room that just laid a turd on the carpet and no one wants to acknowledge it's there.

I used to have a driver that used the same expression all of the time, it got real lame and annoying fast, because this guy drove me everywhere and sat in the office all day just waiting for me to need to go somewhere, so one day I asked him, "How in the hell do you know what *** tastes like?" He gets this stunned look on his face and turned beet red and said, "Forget I ever said it". He never used that expression in my presence again. My guess is that he might have really known what it tastes like and I called him out on it.

Edited by TheSmokingMan