Mantis Question

I would guess it doesn't have vents to releive the pressure in the event of a sudden release of energy and it would likely fail catstrophicly sendly shrapnel in the vicinity of your face.That quote would be an attempt to avoid responsibility when that event occurs.It's plastic so drilling vent holes would not be a problem for the faint of heart.Or they may not be confident the switch could handle high current .

Edited by mcquinn

I would guess it doesn't have vents to releive the pressure in the event of a sudden release of energy and it would likely fail catstrophicly sendly shrapnel in the vicinity of your face.That quote would be an attempt to avoid responsibility when that event occurs.It's plastic so drilling vent holes would not be a problem for the faint of heart.Or they may not be confident the switch could handle high current .

And the winner for the best way to scare someone out of buying a mod reward is...

Lol :p

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

sounds like it would be safer to go back to analogs.

Not true. Battery failure happens but honestly you have a better chance of being killed by a ressurected velociraptor. I have heard of serious battery malfunctions twice in e Cigs and only one caused injury.

Chance of dying from smoking is 1 in 4

Chance of being injured by an e Cig in 1 in 2 million

You make the call.

Also your cell phone has a similar rechargeable battery in it. If you don't buy an e Cig because you are afraid of battery failure then you better stop putting a cell phone next to your ear everyday as well.

However if battery failure is that big of an issue buy a PV from www.Notcigs.com

Safest PV on the market IMO.

Edited by bobthesalesclerk

I'm just trying to get the facts right. I've got a woodvil 18490, which he recommended a red AW IMR battery. I don't have a problem with that, but in the process of getting this, I had ordered a red AW IMR 18650 by mistake, no big deal, I'll just keep it, I said to my self. Then I see a review of the Mantis from Grim, I notice the red 18650 and think, I've got that battery without a home, why not get it. Then going to the web site I see the warning, that got me thinking, should I replace all my batteries with protected ones.

cell phone batteries are extremely dangerous, but i use em in mods hehe. you bave to completely reverse polartity or stab it to make it go. I know Ive started a fire with one because Bear Grillis showed it on a show, pretty damn cool.

I'm just trying to get the facts right. I've got a woodvil 18490, which he recommended a red AW IMR battery. I don't have a problem with that, but in the process of getting this, I had ordered a red AW IMR 18650 by mistake, no big deal, I'll just keep it, I said to my self. Then I see a review of the Mantis from Grim, I notice the red 18650 and think, I've got that battery without a home, why not get it. Then going to the web site I see the warning, that got me thinking, should I replace all my batteries with protected ones.

I've got a red aw 14500 in my alpha right now. IMO high drains make for a better vape. The deliver more constant steady voltage to the Atty.

I have no idea why they reccomended not using them. Maybe send them an e mail and ask.

The only battery failures I have heard of in conjunction with vaping had unprotected lithium ion batteries in series and they failed due to high current.IMR batteries are supposed to be formulated for high current applications.I bought one once to see what the fuss was about,still going after 7 or 8 months .I would buy mnore but the spacer thing is a pain.I once removed a cell from a DSE 801 and made a mod with it and when I was recharging sans protection circut I managed to blow it up.It wasn't confined so it was kind of a letdown.Just stunk real bad and made a small mess.

Edited by mcquinn