Properly Storing Juice?

doglips

Properly storing juice?

Seems simple yet overlooked ?? what is the proper way to store Juice? I carry a small bottle in my pocket...leave the big one at home or in my car if I know I'm working late....

But I ?? if Florida heat might be bad for it.

Sooo should you store juice not being used, in the refrigerator? Freezer (don't think so but never know)? On the counter top of home / work at room temperature? or finally is it ok to keep it in the car, despite the car getting very hot?

What about keeping the small..5ml sample bottles in your pocket, any problem with that?

I always carry around my small bottles of juice in my pocket everyday without a problem. One thing i would think like anything else, is if you have a large amount of juice that you dont think you would fully use in a weeks time or so, i would maybe put it in the fridge. Usually i just leave my bottles in room temperature in my house with the cap tightly sealed. The only thing i have noticed is when i would leave my caps off one of my small bottles for a couple days that the juice starts to turn a darker color and loses its sweet taste (tasting dry and stale). Ive noticed that on the cartridges you get come with a exp date that say they last a year, and they have no labels on the instruction manuals that say to store at room temp or refrigerate. . As far as leaving it in the car, probably not the best idea with the heat. If you heat something and let it cool off it could produce condensation inside the bottle which could add some dis-flavoring. My advice, not to worry about where you put your juice, just keep it in room temp environments and you should be fine. :P

Edited by Sinikal

This is actually a very good question and something that most people do wrong. Your Ecig Juice needs to be kept room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) Stored away from heat, moisture, and light.

You CANNOT leave it in the car. Your car gets very hot and nicotine cannot be stored at a temperature that high. In fact the juice will turn color. We have tested the juice in some extreme temperatures just to see the results. Dulcis for example will turn bright orange in very high temperatures. It will loose it's potency.

I recommend that if for some reason you need to store juice to do so in a cabinet, away from children, where the temperature stays stable and dark. Remember juice has a shelf life of about 2 years. Do not store in the bathroom, people think this is a good place when in fact the temperature changes every time you take a hot shower, the humidity level also rises.

This is actually a very good question and something that most people do wrong. Your Ecig Juice needs to be kept room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) Stored away from heat, moisture, and light.

You CANNOT leave it in the car. Your car gets very hot and nicotine cannot be stored at a temperature that high. In fact the juice will turn color. We have tested the juice in some extreme temperatures just to see the results. Dulcis for example will turn bright orange in very high temperatures. It will loose it's potency.

I recommend that if for some reason you need to store juice to do so in a cabinet, away from children, where the temperature stays stable and dark. Remember juice has a shelf life of about 2 years. Do not store in the bathroom, people think this is a good place when in fact the temperature changes every time you take a hot shower, the humidity level also rises.

Hiya

Please forgive me for saying this (and please don't think I'm speaking out of turn), but whilst I agree with keeping juice away from heat and light sources, there is absolutely no harm caused by keeping surplus amounts in the fridge... especially if the bottle has not been opened. Without boring everyone with the laws of thermodynamics, blah, blah, blah, there isn't a single chemical present in e-liquid (to my knowledge) that reacts negatively to being kept at temperatures of between 0 and 5oC. If anything, storing e-liquids at that temperature can effectively hold them in a crude form of "stasis" and thus increase their shelf-life slightly. You are right though; keeping them in a hostile environment like a hot car is big, fat, no-no for e-liquids, as nicotine is very heat and light sensitive (and therefore susceptible to major degradation)... and the flavours used could also start to oxidise and behave unpredictably. Once opened, it is debatable... Glycerin and PG are hydroscopic and will absorb moisture from the surrounding area but, with most bottles of juice being quite small, this shouldn't be that big a problem... when all is said and done. I have kept the majority of my liquid in the fridge and it's been perfectly fine. When legitimate stability tests are carried out on the formulations by the manufacturers, all controlled samples will probably be kept at 0oC as a base line for analysis.

However, if liquids are kept in the fridge, they will want to be brought back up to room temperature before they are used because the cold will affect the viscosity profile and how quickly the liquid can wick from the cart to the atty. Once the juice is back to room temperature, it should be as good as new... literally. ;)

Cheers

J :)

Well, Chris knows just about everything there is to know about juice (he kinda has to since he sells it now). So I would definitely advise that you try and follow what he says or at least some of what he says on this topic.

I will however, put my "two cents" in here as well. I like to kinda think of storing my e-juice similar to how I store my beer (except I don't put my juice in the fridge). What I mean by this is both beer and e-juice are dramatically affected by sunlight. One thing I'm not sure of is if it is bad for e-juice, like it is beer, to expose it to dramatic temperature changes such as putting it in the fridge when your home and then carrying it on you all day. The main thing I do is try to never let my juice sit in direct sunlight for any period of time. Beer has it's flavor changed and is affected every second it sits in direct sunlight, I don't know if e-juice is affected quite as severely but, I'm not willing to take the chance to find out.

Hope that wasn't too confusing, made sense, and helped. :D

Cardiac patients should seek the advice of their physicians before use.

Please keep out of children's reach; it is suggested that you keep nicotine products under lock and key.

Keep in a cool, dark place or in the refrigerator for extended life; expires 24 months from date of purchase.

Prevent contact with mucous membranes; avoid overexposure to skin and body.

For your safety, do not overuse; apply ONLY as directed.

Mixing with other suppliers' e-liquids or diluting in any way may cause atomizer and/or battery problems.

Must be 18 years of age to purchase/use.

Found On ecigliquid.com...says the fridge is ok..dont know if it is..I just stumbled upon it..

See! Where else can you get advice like that?

My juice doesn't stay around long enough for spoilage to be a problem, but it is good to know not to leave it in the truck, since it was 90F here today (jacket weather).