Sase Trace's Daily Recipes

sasetrase

I have decided to post a new recipe/ review of that recipe here every weekday and randomly as I feel like experimenting. A blog of sort about my DIY journey.

I use 100mg/ml liquid for my mixes, it is a 100%PG mixture because I am a big PG fan for the throat hit, I find it is easier to keep off the analogs when the liquid performs more harshly. A quick warning about this strength of liquid: THIS STRENGTH WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO CRY IF YOU GET A DROP OR TWO ON YOUR HANDS! I thought I was Mr. Toughguy, lo and behold I was careless, got about 5 drops on my hand, and even though I vape 24mg/ml liquid, the room started spinning, I almost passed out.=(Everything is fine now, but I have found a new respect for nicotine)@ This stuff is not for playing. I remember when I started smoking,13 years old, and we would hit them as hard as we could to get a buzz, thisbwas 10 times that buzz, and not fun. I don't ever want to do that again. I suggest using 36mg/ml for mixing. It is plenty strong, and still cost effective.

I am a huge fan of menthol and sweetener. I love the cool feeling, and I love sweetness in my juice. My recipes will reflect that. I also love huge flavor, so I go very heavy on flavors. I suggest starting low and working it up to taste.

A word on menthol crystals. They are very cheap and extremly strong. In a 5ml container I added 6 medium to large crystals and filled it with PG, placing the plastic dropper bottle in my pocket for about a half hour dissolved the crystals and resulted in a very strong liquid I could drop into any liquid to add a hint of menthol. I do this with almost every liquid just to add another flavor layer and bring me back to my old Newport habit. Will continue post later, sweet vapes order just got here ;)

yes becarfull with the 100 mg i use it as well and had a similar experience. felt like i was having a heartattack. cut it asap.

got a recipe for ya to.

i did it at 10 mg

so its 8% dk tobacco and pg and the nic.

i cut my nic to 36 mg first so heres the amounts.

there is no vg in this but produces alot of vapor.

1.7ml 36mg nic

3.8 ml pg

10 drops dk tobacco.

gives 6 ml.

Back from a bit of a breather. Yey. So I will be posting randomly, hopefully more than less, but truthfully there isn't a whole lot that you need as far as recipes go. Just use a good calculator for a basic feel and make sure you have your nicotine base about where you want it and you are off to the races. I did a Pomegranite and blueberry one this morning at 100% PG and I love it. Here goes.

All of my recipes are for 5ml of juice unless otherwise stated.

1. ~1.3 mL or 24% 100mL/mg unflavored 100% PG Nicotine base, this allows me to total 5mL of fluid at about 24mg strength. I usually just go with 1.3 mL as I know I will be adding more flavor than the recipe calls for, and I don't want to lose too much strenght with the extra liquid added.

2. 2.6 mL or 52% USP Food Grade PG. Used PG only because I wanted throat hit for this flavor. I am a much bigger fan of PG than VG. Sorry to those with PG allergies, I am not very helpful for you guys ;(

3. 0.2 mL or 3% distilled water. I use this to thin things out a tid bit. It also seems to make things mix a bit better as a binder of sorts. It might not be worth the hassle of adding this tiny amount of water, but I make sure to add just a little bit to every recipe I make. It just seems to help.

4. 2.0 mL or 20% of flavoring (I was only supposed to use 1 mL of flavoring, but ended up using twice as much to suit my tastes. I did not correct it with additional Nicotine, I just went with it and it is wonderful), split into two flavorings. TFA-Blueberry (A very strong and great blueberry. I love it), and TFA-Pomegranate. Went with about 1.4 mL of blueberry and 0.6 mL of Pomegranate. Arbitrary division, but it turned out wonderfully.

5. 4 drops of 100% PG menthol. (I created my own menthol additive by dissolving way more menthol crystals than I should have in a 5ml bottle of PG. It works wonders for adding mentol to anything. (I am a menthol freak.) The menthol is just a hint of something else. It is not meant to even compliment the flavors, but just leave an extremely faint bit of Huh?!. I typically add a bit to everything I make.

I have only used this juice dripping and have killed about half of the container so far today. I have been sitting by my computer doing taxes all day so it is easy to drip and kill liquid.

My next will be a Pralines and Cream 50/50 mix. Let me know if you need more detail, or have questions/comments.

Love you all,

Sase Trase (who spelled his own thread wrong)

• 1 month later...

I am now MUCH MORE experienced in DIY. I love it so much. So much money saved vs buying juice from vendors. Not to say I don't buy juice from vendors...but if you WANTED to save money...you could...in theory...but I haven't...because I love wasting my money on something I can easily jusify in my head. Like NOT smoking ;)

When I initially got started into Ecigs, I picked up an Ego-C, and then a LT, and cartos, and 510 attys for dripping, and then I dropped about 350-400 bucks on Ejuice and DIY supplies.

I have metric butt tons of juice, and 100ml/mg unflavored, and lots of pg, and all sorts of fun to poke around with. But really, you don't need to do that. I went balls deep because it was something I thought would be fun. Since I have 200 ml of my unflavored frozen, along with 300 ml of pg, and 200 ml of VG. All frozen in my freezer, so it stays potent and lasts FOREVER!

I now just carry a 5ml bottle of base juice, and mix directly into my Ego-C tank ;)

I just open the tank, pour in some of my flavor, currently a fixed up blueberry (I added about 20 more drops of blueberry to my 4.5 ml's of blueberry, to super juice the flavor, and then about 5 drops of my 50 mg/ml liquid, so it stayed about the same strenght.

Now I carry that, with my 5ml SUPER MENTHOL PG base (about 5-10 methol crystals dissolved in PG.) and my pomegrante flavoring. So I have 3 small bottles and can do DIY on the road/at work/wherever I start running low, and I can customize the menthol/pomegrante/base levels to my current desire. Makes vaping a lot more fun for me.

I enjoy the tinkering. Some don't.

I will be throwing up some more recipes asap, I have a long list of them, but haven't yet had them at work...and I never have time at home, so hell. Pralines and cream, and creme de menthe with whipped cream are EXCELLENT.

Edited by sasetrase