Diy Passthrough Problem

highcountryvapor

what gauge is the wire if its not thick enough you wont get all the power. if your powering it off a ipod charger they dont seem to be enought power. also plug it in and check voltage.but i think the wire ssize is culprit. same principle as wiring a car amp. thicker wires for higher watts.

14 is pretty big lower the number the thicker the wire. I honestly recomend at least 18 awg 14 is thicker but most of the usb i see have around 22 or thinner. the one i have runs 18 awg and is flawless. whats the rating on your switch as well.

No it not an auto battery it just has a post that drops down and connect with the battery directly. So I put a larger gauge wire on it and it is not 5 volt but we are getting closer. It might just be my computer at this point but I am happy with it for now. Thanks for the help.

I doubt the wire is the problem,as the wire in factory ecig batteries is very light and they vape .I would be inclined to think there is a short somewhere or a not so good connection.A volt meter would be a good thing to have for times like this.I would be wary of hooking that to my puter if it is not working right .A switch is a must though.