Help! I Need Warmer Vaper.

I just bought a lava tube and have been trying to get to kick out as warm of vaper as a cisco lr306 at 3.2 volts. I have tryed a 510 3.0 ohm and 2.? ohm at 6 volts and I thought that would do it but it doesn't really get there. I know that this device is going to drop the voltage down but it shouldn't for 3.0 ohm. The next thing I am going to try is a 3.0 ohm 306 at 6 volts and a 3.ohm cartomizer at 6 as well. I would just stick to the lr306 but they burn out really fast and I have a ton of 510 I thought i was going to be abe to use up. Anyone have any thoughts on how I can get warmer vaper out of a lava tube. Thanks

The 306 atty itself puts out a much warmer vapor... just because of how the 306 is made. You might find it hard to match the same warmth with any 510 atty. The only thing you could do is try a standard resistance 306 (2.5-2.8 ohms) and crank it up on the Lava Tube. The LR 306's just get so much hotter faster... let us know what you end up trying... I would like to hear the results.

This is meant for VV mods it says: http://www.avidvaper.com/sr306-standard-resistance-atomizer-2-5-ohm-cisco-spec/

Edited by DAYVAPE

I don't know about that... but I do know that VG is just much more dense than PG, so it certainly feels different on the inhale. Your findings could be right on... I suppose I could agree with that theory as well, VG sure does mute flavors though, that much I know! :yes

i just feel like it is when you exhale vg thru nose it will condence so fast it feels weird like a fine mist of water in your nose. dont notice this with pg. in the ummer time it might feel good but not now.

Edited by mega

wow i found a site online and this topic kinda made me thinking. so just read and maybe this might help.

http://esmokersmag.com/2009/03/26/glycerin-and-the-acrolein-problem-anyone-vaping-vg-read-this/

ASIDES

Glycerin and the ‘Acrolein problem’ anyone vaping VG read this

Syndicated on March 26, 2009 ⋅ email_famfamfam.gif Email This Postprint.gif Print This PostPost a comment

Hello everyone I am studying chemistry and have done a lot of research on the PG vs VG debate.

You can read in detail my posts on this subject here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ycerine-6.htmlt.gif

But to get you interested here are some facts:

Propylene Glycol (PG) has a boiling point of 188 degrees Celcius and there are no breakdown chemical reactions before this temperature. It can't reach a higher temperature in an e cigarette. PG is very safe in the quantities used when e smoking unless one is allergic.

Glycerol (VG) has a boiling point of 290 degrees Celsius which is far higher than PG so obviously it is less efficient at vapourising which makes PG the winner as an e smoking liquid. VG might make visible vapour but it is guarateed to vapourise less liquid and nicotine in total using the same energy generated from the ecigarette by the laws of physics.

But this is not the real concern, the real concern is that beyond 280 degrees VG starts to break down into HIGHLY TOXIC ACROLEIN this 10 DEGREES LOWER that the biling point for VG!

Now I dont think atomizers get hotter than 280 degrees normally but what about a malfuntioning one? I am not about to get acrolein poisoning to find out.

Finally, the maximum efficiency of the atomizer is when the liquid reaches its boiling point. I'm sure that it reaches the BP of PG but if it did reach the BP of VG then you have acrolein sythesis. Two reasons not to use VG, but low efficiency aside Acrolein is not something you should risk inhaling.

via: E-Cigarette Forumt.gif

tag_green.pngTags: E-Cigarette Talk

DISCUSSION

2 COMMENTS FOR “GLYCERIN AND THE ‘ACROLEIN PROBLEM’ ANYONE VAPING VG READ THIS”

• Thanks much for this post.I am a retired GCMS chemist and found your analysis spot on.
    I was also concerned with the combustion products of PG vs VG. When acrolein was mentioned as a combustion product of VG I’m wondering why ANYONE is recommending using glycerin as a vaping fluid !!!
    GOOD WORK.
    Posted by Lou Brousek | June 21, 2009, 3:13 pm

• The FDA in their recent report says that attomizers run at 45-65 Celsius
    Posted by Ashdaburned | July 30, 2009, 7:02 am