Slotting A Dual-Coil Cartomizer For Use In A Tank Mod, Vv Mod Question

pipedreamer79

So I'm the proud owner of a Volcano Lavatube, and I just picked up a handful of the SmokTech shorty dual-coil cartos and I want to use one with my Vapinator tank... Do I need to Dremel another couple of notches about halfway between the lower notches and where the top seal on the tank is? Do I even need to put in more notches?

Also, what would be a good voltage to use with these dual-coil cartos? Should I treat them as a standard-res cartos, low res, high res?

I've read the Electronics 101 pinned thread at the top, but I'm hoping for some people to post their personal preferences here as to what voltage they like to use with which cartos and with which flavors... I've used low-res cartos with my eGo, but gathered that there's no need to use low-res cartos with high-voltage; what are your opinions on what is the most voltage you can use with a low-res and still get a good (and safe!) vaping experience? I've found myself to be mostly happy w/ low-res cartos at 3.7V, but am hoping I can try and push them up to the 4.5V range and get that extra bit of monster vapor production out of them that I feel like I've been missing that can simulate the analog hit that I've been searching for since I started vaping.

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance!

Edited by pipedreamer79

If the cartos aren't already slotted or punched, you'll have to do it. There are some good vids on both on youtube.

I believe the LavaTube has a max drain of 2.3amps, so not sure how high you'll be able to go on the voltage. On my provari I can only go up to 4.6ish before I get an error on it.

I'm familiar with slotting low-res cartos, I've had a Vapinator for about a month now--I'm just wondering if it's any different slotting a dual-coil, since there's an extra coil that needs to be kept wet.

Do you know if the Lavatube will give me an error if I try to push it too far? My biggest fear is doing something I shouldn't do and either tearing up my mod or hurting myself.

I'm familiar with slotting low-res cartos, I've had a Vapinator for about a month now--I'm just wondering if it's any different slotting a dual-coil, since there's an extra coil that needs to be kept wet.

Do you know if the Lavatube will give me an error if I try to push it too far? My biggest fear is doing something I shouldn't do and either tearing up my mod or hurting myself.

The Lavatube doesnt give errors like the Provari. It will bump your voltage down if you have it set to high for your atty/carto. I just poppped a 1.5 ohm carto on my Lavatube at 4 V. No issues yet. :)

Yep, that's what I'm doing with mine. Dremel makes it easy.

I also tried these dual-coil shortys from SmokTech with just the 2 slots down by the bottom cap and it's working just fine. In fact, it's the best tasting carto I've used so far. It sure does drain the battery faster, though.