Cutting A Carto For A Tank Mod

Deadpool809

Maybe this is a silly question, but searches really aren't turning up anythink. In every video for a tank I see, you either punch a hole in a cartomizer, or cut a slit at the very bottom.

Don't you want all of the material saturated? Would it not make more sense to cut the slit vertically, so more of the filler is exposed to the juice in the tank?

Just wondering if anyone had tried this, and how it worked...

The unit spends most of its time in use slightly inclined .So any opening @ the battery end will allow the liquid to soak in.The size of the opening is not really all that big an issue unless you really really puff on it,the liquid will soak in by capilary action until the filler is saturated.

I'm a fairly heavy vapor, and use thick liquid - I had a 510 carto burn out on me bad (still feeling it in my throat) with the vertical slit. Normally I'd attribute something like that to it not wicking properly because it was ready to go - but the thing hadn't been used that much... basically 2 days. I cut some thick slits near the bottom, and when I do that it just never seems to absorb all the way to the top properly. It worked great for a day or so, and I am just trying to find a better way. That juice was more PG than I normally use to boot... which is part of my concern.

I am generally pretty careful, but I still got burned. Trying to figure out a better way to avoid having that happen again to me. I am still going to try some mega-cartos, but I am a fan of the idea of the J-Tank... and don't want to give up yet.

I've run into the same problem, last night. I punched a bigger hole in the existing hole but noticed it was at the same level as the black ring on the bottom. I tried it, but got no vapor on a freshly charge battery. I am going to try and punch a hole higher on the carto. and see how that does.

I have gotten some bad carto's where the element was not embedded in the filler.They just taste scorched no matter what you do as there is no damp filler to keep them @ proper operating temperature.It appears as the filler is closer to the end than normal or that there is more filler than normal,but I suspect the element just slipped out during assembly and is between the filler and the adapter.

Get yourself a 1/4" self tapping saddle valve to punch holes in the cartos. This is what vaporessence has started doing instead of the cuts. Makes it a lot eaiser to buy your own cartos and use them. I put 2 holes in mine, one on each side near the base where the cuts used to be. Works great using Boge standards in my Liquinator on my provari.

Like this:

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/plumbing-pipes-fittings-valves/watts-1-4-in-chrome-plated-brass-self-tapping-saddle-valve-119544.html