Help On Finding The Right E-Cig Or Nicotine Level E-Juice To Quit Analogs For Good

birchtree

Hi:

I've been smoking analogs for close to 40 years and want to quit. I was given an 801 two years ago for Xmas that only did the trick for a month. After thirty days it just didn't quench the smoking urge. Three months ago I bought a Smokeless Image KR 808. I like this type of e-cig and even got some great juice yet it still isn't doing the trick especially when I get stressed. I don't know if I need to go up to a 501 or Ego. I have read that some people were only able to kick the habit after upgrading to an Ego. I know they produce more vapor yet if I take too big of a draw on my 808 I cough as its too strong blink.gif..... I feel damned if I do and damned if I don't.

I have also wondered if the 16mg nicotine level juice I'm using could have something to do with it; if in fact I need to go up to 20 to 22mg's of nicotine. Like everybody else I don't have a lot of extra cash to be trying new kits without fairly good assurance a new kit would help. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I'm tired of rolling cigarettes and want to be analog free. Thank you ahead of time to anybody that has any advice or ideas. Have a good one!

Birchtree

Upping your nic level may give you the satisfaction you are looking for. How many packs a day did you smoke? Are you looking for an e-cig that will help produce a lot of vapor, or is your 808 satisfying?

I have used both of those and got usable vapor from both.The Ego will vape exactly the same as it is 3.7 volts.It will just vape the same longer between charges.You can up the nic or just vape more to get the same results.The main thing you have to do is get your mind right.Vaping is not burning leaves but will give you your nic fix and the pacifier effect of smoking.The trick is just trying liquids until you find one you like and look forward to vaping.As for the cough thing it might be technique.Don't try to inhale straight to your lungs ,get a mouthfull of vapor then inhale.Exhailing some or all through your nose will help get the most flavor as the sense of smell is part of the taste process.You can get an adapter for either one your present ecigs to try 510 cartomisers or you can try dripping with DSE 901 atties on your 808 batteries.The 801 is a very good dripping rig as well.There are a lot of very good videos on Youtube showning how to drip or about anything else you can imagine.

Edited by mcquinn

Thank you for your helpful replies; jeffb and mcquinn. I like a lot of vapor but find it makes me cough like drawing too deeply on an analog. I have thought before of getting a 901 atty and trying dripping. I take it that I will only need an 808 battery, a 901 atty, with no 901 cartridge correct? I am determined to make this work as I'm tired of the effects of analogs on health, the price of even rolling much less buying cartons like I used to, smell, and even how many apartment complexes demand a person be smoke free. Take care guys!

birchtree

The 901 atty comes with a cartridge without any filler.You just put that back on after dripping 2 or 3 drops in.You can get a 510 drip tip it will fit the 901 atties and allow you to drip without removing anything.Same for the DSE 801 ,the atties on those come with a tip with no filler or they have drip tips for those as well .

Edited by mcquinn

Thank you for your helpful replies; jeffb and mcquinn. I like a lot of vapor but find it makes me cough like drawing too deeply on an analog. I have thought before of getting a 901 atty and trying dripping. I take it that I will only need an 808 battery, a 901 atty, with no 901 cartridge correct? I am determined to make this work as I'm tired of the effects of analogs on health, the price of even rolling much less buying cartons like I used to, smell, and even how many apartment complexes demand a person be smoke free. Take care guys!

birchtree

I was stuck on analogs too , but only for about 8 years, it lead up to 1-2packs a day which is when i decided to try vaping. i bought a cheapo kit first and it didnt fill my needs because it was an automatic battery and just locked me out and didnt last long. When i upgraded to an eGo i havent smoked a single analog since, which is upcoming almost a month cigarette free now. I dont know if its the eGo or not but by reading the posts it seems like urs is ok, it might be somethign different though. I smoked newports a pack+ a day which are pretty strong, then I went to vaping 24mg full PG which feeded my urges to smoke, but gave too much throat hit for me. I switched to mostly vg-100% vg liquids with 24mg nicotine level e-liquid, they produce alot of vapor and I use LR atties so i dont have to draw so long. I tried some 12mg e-liquid and i honestly couldnt tell much difference, i just know i Vape kind of differently than i smoke, when i smoked it was maybe a cigarette every 10-15minutes, sometimes chainsmoking two in a row, but when I vape its usually 2-3hits, every 5 minutes or so , at least when im home.

I'm going to throw in my 2 cents. I would get an eGo 1000mah passthrough. You can drip, you can use cartos and you can vape and charge at the same time plus the 1000mah will hold up to your heavier use. You get an economical, dependable, versatile, and satisfying unit all together.

I'm going to throw in my 2 cents. I would get an eGo 1000mah passthrough. You can drip, you can use cartos and you can vape and charge at the same time plus the 1000mah will hold up to your heavier use. You get an economical, dependable, versatile, and satisfying unit all together.

I agree, i have many PV's but find the 1000 mah ego passthroght the best all around. I get about 3 days vape out of the battery and i was a pack a day smoker before.

(Hint: during your first month, spend >$350 on e-cigs and you'll break the analog habit!)

Honestly, all the above is great advice. If you find, after a few months, that e-cigs are satisfying and that you start using them more and more, don't be afraid to goto more expensive mods. A Provari can last you for years; an Ego not so long. You'll also find that making your own eliquid is easy, extremely inexpensive and a actual fun hobby.

I currently own 8 mods but I use my eGo daily as well. I always recommend the eGo because it's dependable and very portable. It has been my go to device for over a year now and has earned a permanent place in my heart and my hand:)