Contact Schwarzenegger To Oppose Sb 400, Ca Ban - Form Letter

From Kamanjah...

We in CA need all the help we can get with bringing our opposition to SB 400 to the attention of the Gov. Everyone: Please email, mail, fax or telephone a comment opposing SB 400. It can be as simple as saying "Please oppose SB 400." Or, you can write a letter.

This bill will become law if the gov does not veto by Oct 11. If he does not veto, it will automatically become law even without his signature!

Link to send email: Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger - Interact

Snail mail at top of letter.

Phone: 916-445-2841

Fax: 916-558-3160 ( new number )

Here is a form letter I put together, with the help of several people on RTV & VF. Feel free to use it as is or with your own changes.

Please post on other boards you visit! I'm posting it on RTV and VF.

Thanks to everyone who helped on this!

Note: The vapers club.com links have a space in them so they will show up.

If you cut & paste, please fix the links.

---------------------------------------------------

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger

State Capitol Building

Sacramento, CA 95814

September 19, 2009

Re: SB 400

Dear Governor Schwarzenegger,

I am writing to oppose SB 400, initially introduced as an energy bill. From the original text: “44272. (a) The Alternative and Renewable Fuel and Vehicle Technology Program is hereby created.” Seven amendments later, it ended up being a bill to ban electronic cigarettes. No reference to energy is even in the final version. “Energy: green vehicles” morphed into “tobacco.” Then, somewhere along the way, the electronic cigarette was defined as a tobacco substitute, next, that was stricken and the bill now will “authorize action to halt the sale, distribution, or offering for sale of electronic cigarettes…”

SB 400 will take a freedom away from the people of CA and should be immediately vetoed.

It is your responsibility to protect the freedom of thousands of Californians who have chosen the electronic cigarette (e-cig) as an alternative to burning traditional tobacco cigarettes. Allowing SB 400 to become law will drive many people who have become tobacco free back to using tobacco products. Ex-smokers will become smokers again.

There have been many studies done on e-cigs, including an FDA study, which showed (if you take the next step and compare e-cigs to a tobacco cigarette) that the e-cig is much safer than smoking tobacco and generally has the same amount of TSNAs (tobacco specific nitrosamines) as the FDA approved NRT products. Their finding of approximately 1% DEG (diethylene glycol) shows the need for better quality control in manufacturing. Please note: DEG is found in tobacco cigarettes too. Other testing shows that the effects of nicotine on the human body are generally no worse than caffeine.

E-cigs should remain on the market and legal for adults to purchase while complete testing is done and submitted to the FDA for approval. They are a reduced harm product and do not fall clearly into any category the FDA has set up for regulation. With technology comes innovation. Laws take time to catch up. Please do not put the e-cig into a black market status! The FDA will not be able to approve these without lengthy testing and research. To date, the FDA has not banned them. California law should not supersede the FDA without any evidence they do any harm.

E-cigs are a tobacco alternative and many choose them as a healthier way to deal with their nicotine addiction. They are not inhaling the 4000+ chemicals found in a burning tobacco cigarette. Existing NRT products have not worked for the people who are using e-cigs. E-cigs are keeping them away from burning tobacco.

More information is available at

http://www.healthnz.co.nz/RuyanCartr...t21-Oct-08.pdf

http://www.vapers club/factsaboutpvs.html

http://www.vapers club/vapersclubdotcompamphlet.pdf

http://www.vapers club/pg.html

Please veto SB 400. E-cigs, for many users, are the only thing keeping them away from smoking tobacco cigarettes. Please do not take this choice away!

Respectfully submitted,

Yourname

-------------------------------------------

If you have already sent a letter SEND IT AGAIN!!!! Please we don't have much time left, The Vapor Club, Electronic Cig Forum, Right Vape and Vapor Talk members are all trying to hit his inbox, let's make sure he see's these emails! I'm sure Arnold gets TONS of emails, we need to make sure we get through.

For those of you outside of California, I don't see why you can't email him as well. The more emails the better.

When you get to the "PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR SUBJECT:" drop down menu, select Governor.

You can either sit there hoping this goes away or you can take a little time out of your day and send the email, it's all ready to go. If you have made a post on a forum, then you know how to email. It's simple and takes very little time. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT LET'S KEEP IT GOING GUYS!!!!

Email sent from the 'burbs of Chicago IL.

I did add a phrase to the email marked in bold.

It is your responsibility to protect the freedom of thousands of Californians and to set an example for citizens of other states who have chosen the electronic cigarette (e-cig) as an alternative to burning traditional tobacco cigarettes. Allowing SB 400 to become law will drive many people who have become tobacco free back to using tobacco products. Ex-smokers will become smokers again.

Email sent from the 'burbs of Chicago IL.

I did add a phrase to the email marked in bold.

It is your responsibility to protect the freedom of thousands of Californians and to set an example for citizens of other states who have chosen the electronic cigarette (e-cig) as an alternative to burning traditional tobacco cigarettes. Allowing SB 400 to become law will drive many people who have become tobacco free back to using tobacco products. Ex-smokers will become smokers again.

Another one sent from the 'burbs of Chicago.

California is the reason why we don't have 2 stroke engines anymore

Chris, as someone pointed out, Schwarzenegger is also on Twitter and he reads & uses it on his Blackberry. TWEET HIM! & just tell him in one or two sentences to veto SB400 and save electronic cigarettes from being banned. I've written, called, emailed AND tweeted.

If you are already on Twitter, it's easy. Just put @Schwarzenegger if you want him to read it. It's a direct line to him, especially important when time is so short.

If you aren't on Twitter yet, there is no better time because we'll pretty much all do it sooner or later and it takes about 5 minutes to sign up.

Thanks guys for all your efforts. I've already tweeted Arnold via Vapor Talk's twitter page. I really hope he gets the emails!

Arnold just posted this on Twitter "I hear a lot of stories about the creative ways people are making it through hard times, starting businesses, etc. Tell me your stories."

So why don't you tell him "a story about how you started a business" that SB400 is about to destroy? Other suppliers could do the same!