Multiple Flavor E-Liquids On 1 Atomizer? What Do You Do?

twelveday

Hey all, recently ive been trying a lot of different flavors, I was wondering what all do you guys do when you switch between flavors? Do you clean out the atomizer before putting in a different e-liquid or just vape it until the atty goes dry? Recently Ive just been dripping 3 drops into mine and smoking it until the taste goes away and then try another e-liquid, but I have been starting to notice its been effecting the flavor of my other juices somewhat when I drip something different.

I tend to vape the same kinda juice ( coffee & tobacco) ( Anybody seen a coffee flavored tobacco juice?) so switching isn't an issue. I could see it might be an issue if I vaped menthol or fruity flavors. Some have a seperate carto/atty for different flavors.

yeah most of what im vaping is fruity and eliquids with extra flavors. im starting to get a a slight burnt taste even right after i drip into it, or some weird flavor like key lime pie mountain dew lol, not that its bad but I was just wondering if there was something to do to get rid of the previous flavor other than completely cleaning the atty before every change, I tend to vape diff flavors throughout the day or every other time i drip.

Edited by twelveday

You could try blowing out the atomizer before switching up flavors. Take a paper towel or tissue and twist up the end. Stick it into the atomizer and blow gently through the battery connection end. You can also try a dry burn, but if you are not careful you can pop the coil or possibly cause the atomizer to have a permanent burn taste.

I once ordered coconut cream pie and vanilla. Dropped a few drops of coconut onto the atomizer and loved it.. Vaped till there was no flavor and switched to vanilla. It tasted just like coconut. In fact for 20-30 drops of vanilla later it still tasted like coconut. I thought there was a mix up.. Then I switched attys and bam! Full vanilla! Weeks later I looked at the atty i had used for the coconut and it had a tan glaze of dried juice on it. It wasn't until I rinsed it out with hot water that I got rid of the coconut taste. Since then I switch between 3 different attys when trying new flavors. I recommend switching to a different atty. if that isn't an option rinse yrs out, dry it completely, and try a different flavor. I just swish mine in hot water till they look brand new and then blow them out for a few minutes and then let them air dry over night or take a hair dryer to em. Hope that helps!

Your best bet would be to just blow it out and start over. Just remember... after blowing it out it's going to need more then 2 or 3 drops to get going again. You'll need to treat it more like a new atomizer after you have blown all the juice out. Also, I would not recommend doing a 'dry burn' at all... this will only shorten the life of the atty and burn the wicking material that's inside the coil more quickly. (this is what I've gathered from the 'pros' at least) Once you've done that you'll never get rid of that little burnt taste that is joining your flavors. Not a good additive!

Edited by DAYVAPE

I clean mine with denture tabs to freshen them up.If the flavors are kind of similar I don't worry about it.Joye 306 atties seem to be the best for dripping and changing flavors.For some reason they seem to not have as much residual flavor.