Killed Two 901 Batterys In One Day?

I just bought a USB manual pass through and have been using the same atty with the USB and my two original battery's for about 1 week. All of a sudden today the two original battery's stopped working! when i draw on them the blue light comes on but the atty does nothing. when I unscrew the battery it flashes(both of them) if I try to charge them the charger light stays green they have charge. But the atty is still working great when connected to the USB. What the heck happened. Thats 20 bucks. besides that i dont have a good spare! CRAP! Can anyone tell me why they died like that. I tried them with a back up atty and they wont work on that atty either. Anyone know what happened? :|

P.S. It just seems to be that it would be to big a coincidence that both would crap out on the same day after working great for 5 weeks. I feel like the USB pass through had something to do with it , I just cant figure out how.

Edited by EasyE

Hmm that's weird. Perhaps the threads need cleaned? Maybe juice got inside?

I inspected them closely and it doesnt appear to have any juice in them. I took a brass wire brush to the threads, they did look a little dirty. So then i reconnected and nothing...This just isnt making sense...When the battery is connected to the atty and i take a draw the light comes on.,just no heat in the atty. If a disconnect and draw on just the battery there is no light. When you disconnect the battery('s) from the atty they blink 7-10 times. I cant remember for sure but I dont think that they used to blink like that when you unscrewed them from the atty before. Atty still going strong connected to the USB. The strangest part about the whole thing is that the battery's are acting the same way with my spare atty. The spare atty works fine on the USB as well.....Damn..I hope this doesnt lead to a back of REDS....OH NO.....I cant, I wont .....Help :doctor:

I am kinda reluctant to by more battery's until I figure out what happened to them..

Edited by EasyE

I can either buy 2 more battery's for 20 bucks or I can experiment with a new model. I saw a starter kit for 510 for 36 bucks....hmmm ....

Be like the rest of us and experiment with a new model...muahahahha! :devil:

Either way, you can't go wrong with the 510. 2 months and mine is still going strong. :ball:

I have my eyes on the VP1 though... :gun:

Be like the rest of us and experiment with a new model...muahahahha! :devil:

Either way, you can't go wrong with the 510. 2 months and mine is still going strong. :ball:

I have my eyes on the VP1 though... :gun:

I was considering the VP1 also but it might not be small enough, I need a portable unit. What is the Janty that is shaped like square? I cant find that one anymore and forgot what it is called.

I was considering the VP1 also but it might not be small enough, I need a portable unit. What is the Janty that is shaped like square? I cant find that one anymore and forgot what it is called.

Yeah the janty stick is hard to find on the dietsmokes site. Click on Janty and you have to scroll down to the bottom somewhere. Here's the link http://www.dietsmokes.com/products/Janty-Stick-V2.html

Just a warning if you do buy from him though. The janty stick I got from him was defective and it took about 2 weeks for him to even get back to me about an exchange. Maybe the form on his "warranty and returns" page wasn't working properly. Not sure, but he finally responded to a direct email I sent to him. A replacement should be on it's way. Everyone says he's a great guy and provides excellent customer service, so I'm not talking down on him at all. Just letting you know my experience.

Yeah the janty stick is hard to find on the dietsmokes site. Click on Janty and you have to scroll down to the bottom somewhere. Here's the link http://www.dietsmokes.com/products/Janty-Stick-V2.html

Just a warning if you do buy from him though. The janty stick I got from him was defective and it took about 2 weeks for him to even get back to me about an exchange. Maybe the form on his "warranty and returns" page wasn't working properly. Not sure, but he finally responded to a direct email I sent to him. A replacement should be on it's way. Everyone says he's a great guy and provides excellent customer service, so I'm not talking down on him at all. Just letting you know my experience.

If you like the 901 I'd advise getting a big battery mod which takes 901 attys. The bigger batteries bring the best ouyt of the 901 atomiser. I've got a Screwdriver and have tried 901, 510 and 801 attys with it (using adapters for the 510 and 801) - I find the 901 the best all-rounder at "3.7v" (actually 4.2v on the SD).

Don't get too hung up on "size". Unless you want too hold the e-cig in your mouth, many of the 3.7v big battery models are actually much smaller then you think. For example, my SD is not really any longer than a 901 and is much narrower than people think. The VP1 and Bulli Slim are even smaller...

If you like the 901 I'd advise getting a big battery mod which takes 901 attys. The bigger batteries bring the best ouyt of the 901 atomiser. I've got a Screwdriver and have tried 901, 510 and 801 attys with it (using adapters for the 510 and 801) - I find the 901 the best all-rounder at "3.7v" (actually 4.2v on the SD).

Don't get too hung up on "size". Unless you want too hold the e-cig in your mouth, many of the 3.7v big battery models are actually much smaller then you think. For example, my SD is not really any longer than a 901 and is much narrower than people think. The VP1 and Bulli Slim are even smaller...

Yea, I really like my 901..But as i said in my OP, both my battery's died in the same day(mysteriously)so I have to spend at least 20 to get 2 more battery's and now im a little unsure about buying them as I still dont know what caused my first 2 failures and dont want to burn those out also. thats what had me thinking to try a 510 starter kit(36 bucks), but then of course i started looking at the $75 plus models...hahaha. So the screwdriver is just a 901 with a 4.2v battery? I thought 3.7 fully charged was supposed to be "optimal"? I think Its either gonna be a Janty stick our the VP1..........MMMMm decisions decisions....

Well having both of the models you are considering I would advise that......... Well, you buy them both. :D Both of them are awesome.

Also from reading what you posted about your batteries I'm pretty sure that your batteries are probably fine. It sounds like a charger problem that I've heard of before. I would look into getting a new charger first.

Also from reading what you posted about your batteries I'm pretty sure that your batteries are probably fine. It sounds like a charger problem that I've heard of before. I would look into getting a new charger first.

Thats interesting about the charger... I never considered that because it "appears" to be working fine. I actually have a 1 spare manual901 battery coming in the mail with an adapter for my regular charger. That should tell me if its the charger or I just fried the batterys somehow....I'm still scratching my head with it. :iiam:

Yea, I really like my 901..But as i said in my OP, both my battery's died in the same day(mysteriously)so I have to spend at least 20 to get 2 more battery's and now im a little unsure about buying them as I still dont know what caused my first 2 failures and dont want to burn those out also. thats what had me thinking to try a 510 starter kit(36 bucks), but then of course i started looking at the $75 plus models...hahaha. So the screwdriver is just a 901 with a 4.2v battery? I thought 3.7 fully charged was supposed to be "optimal"? I think Its either gonna be a Janty stick our the VP1..........MMMMm decisions decisions....

Well, I went with a Janty stick from Janty USA....12 bucks shipping..Yikes!