Boge 510 Cartos

Hey guys placing my first order of cartomizers and Im gonna give Boge 3ohm cartos a try. Im ordering two packs of 5 and Im just wondering how long they might last the average vaper? Well I vape only 4 times at work and end up vaping heavy at home. Im hoping a carto will last me at least a week. What you guys think of these particular cartos? Im not really into the dual coils, well havnt tried them yet. Im sure theyre good but I vape a lot and dont wanna deal with faster battery drainage. So for now Im gonna try out Boge 510s.

I use Dekang liquid and get 3 to 5 days from mine and then the flavor and vapor start to deteriorate.I also found when they are past due for replacement you start having leakage trouble as you keep adding liquid to try to get some flavor and it ends up in the battery connection which runs the batteries down quicker.Domestic liquids caused my atties to go bad quicker than Dekang does I assume it would do the same for carto's.I think they use a different or more sweetners for the better flavor.Not worth it to me.For no more than they cost I don't bother cleaning them.Also be sure not to run one dry or you will singe the filler.Remember the taste when you lit the wrong end of an analog?

You may very well have trouble with the Boge cartos and Boba's Bounty... that's some seriously thick juice !! I have heard that folks can use it if it's in a carto tank system however... so you may want to go with one of those.

If no tank, I would advise a 50/50 blend at the most... I prefer all PG in Boge cartos even... works better for me.

Although, the new Ego Mega Dual Coils can handle high VG... simply because the wicking material is not nearly as tight and flows through it fine. Just my .02

Edited by DAYVAPE

Well Im gonna continue to use my atty/cartridge setup for my ego. Im just gonna start using cartos for my mods when Im at home. I still enjoy dripping quite often as well. Thinking about getting one of them carto tanks too. It holds like 3ml I think and works with standard cartos so its the smaller tank.

I've found that the smoktek dual coil cartomizers work better for me with a high vg juice, the boge's will work, but not quite as well. boge's are excellent for the thinner juices and last a very long time, i'm at 3 weeks with one with an 80/20 mix juice in it and it still works perfect. also, with the thicker juices, you really have to spin the juice in, drip-down will not work, you'll get maybe 10 drops and it'll start coming out the bottom, whereas the dual-coils will (slowly) wick to the bottom with just gravity (i still spin them, because i'm impatient).

As for cleaning, after 7 months of refinement, the cleaning regimen i ended up with consists of 4 or 5 boiling cycles, then about 15 cycles through the ultrasonic cleaner, blowing hot water through them with a nose bulb after every cycle. After this day-long death march and 48 hours of drying, they still aren't quite as good as when they were new, plus the taste of the last juice in them never really goes away completely, and they don't breathe as freely, if i value my time against the money i save by cleaning, i can look at it as paying myself $0.65/hour, factor in the electricity for the stove and vodka for the ultrasonic cleaner, and i'd be willing to bet that i'm actually losing money by cleaning them. Now i just toss them once the flavor and vapor drop out, and concentrate my efforts on keeping them working as long as i can by keeping them topped off, and putting the condoms back on when i go to sleep, or switch to a different carto with a different flavor in it. One thing i recently discovered is that it's kind of a bad idea to keep several of them filled and cycle them out, i'm probably the only person who ever did this, but basically they'll get nasty a lot quicker if they're full but not used frequently, so i just use one at a time until it dies then crack open a new one.

Edited by JonHitThingWithRock

• 4 weeks later...

Cartos are meant to be disposable. I used to use 510 attys and cartridges and I kept them clean all the time and they were ok. But then I got into cartomizers and I just enjoy having fresh attys each time. I also think the flavor and vapor from cartomizers were a lot better than using atomizers. Thats all I care about in my vape is vapor and flavor and Boges have both so ego mega dual coils and Boge cartomizers are all Im gonna be using for now on, they are that awesome! But 8 bucks is not badf for a pack of 5 cartos. They last a descent amount of time too. Prolly not as long as an atomizer but I like them being fresh and not having to vape on gunked up attys. Its all personal preference really and mine is with cartomizers now.

Well bud you can expect them to last anywhere from a week to sometimes a few months. Had one lose flavor yesterday and pitched it for a new one. It lasted 2 weeks I think, but still not bad for what they are. Youd have to try them for yourself. I was skeptical at first when I was an atty man and after trying the Boge cartomizers and ego mega dual coils, I was sold on cartos.