Smokeless Image Volt

I have been using the Smokeless Image Volt for a while now. I have noticed that I'm not getting much of a TH and/or vapor from most of the cartos. Only 3 of the 10 cartos performed decently (still not nearly as good as the Joye 510 though). The auto batts work great (although the 5-second cutoff should be done away with). I checked various reviews of this product before purchasing. Is it possible I got a really bad batch of cartos? Any tips/tricks I should be aware of? Thanks in advance for your help.

If this isn't in the right forum category, please feel free to move it. :)

I just received my Volt kit last night and haven't had time to experience any negatives as of yet. So far, the one carto I've tried is perfect for me, which means, it's probably on the low-medium end of the mg factor. What strength are you using? Have you tried a menthol type yet? Menthol has a nice TH feeling.

I assume you know about taking the carto off the Auto battery before carefully refilling with your own e-liquid and mg strength.

I'm curious about their carto flavors and mg strengths, as I will be stockpiling for those nights my daughter takes me to Bingo. Can't wait! I'll have my Reo in one hand and my Volt in the other.

Wish I could help you. I'll keep an ear out and report back any tips for you if and when I find any.

I always remove the carto from the auto battery before refilling. I also wipe the threads clean before I put it back on (after the excess drains out). I have tried various juices with the same results. My juices are 70%PG/30%VG and 24mg nic strength. All of them exhibit the same symptoms on those cartos except for 3 of them, and those 3 don't even come close to the 510. From what I have seen, this thing should be rivalling the 510 in performance. Anyway, thanks for the response, Uma. :)

Edited by Hurricane

It must be a bad set of cartos, because I am exxperiencing the opposite and get to witness firsthand the awesome vapor these tiny things produce. It rivals my eGo by far. You should be getting great vapor.

I

Please report back what you find, so other Volt users (like me) will know of a backup too.

You said you've been using your Volt for quite some time.. and that some cartos work and some don't.

All cartos, no matter the brand, come in differing ohms but are close to the goal ohm range that they are rated at. The ones that are working for you might be of a lower resistance which provides booster like results.

With that said, it could be that your Volt batteries have petered out. You've gotten a lot of use from them, recharged them a kazillion times. It might be time to replace them. But the good news is, in a week or two smokelessimage will be handling even more colors... Neon Purple, Lime Green, GOLD, etc... It'll be a fun shopping experience. :)

I have been using my volts for a few months now and absolutely love them, for such a little device, I enjoy it as much if not more than my ego and my 510's before that. Maybe it is that you need a new battery, I use the manual batteries, I have a couple autos but I just prefer the button. Let us know. Also their customer service is top notch, if you have a problem with anything, shoot them an email and they will make it right.

Thanks, everyone. I do believe the poor-performing cartos are of a higher resistance. I guess I'll have to invest in a multimeter and only use the lower resistance ones. Although I have had the Volt for a while, I only used it when I wanted something that handled more like a regular cigarette. I know they have manual batteries, but they also have a 5-second cutoff. Weird. I got the kit for myself so I could test it before buying a kit for my sister for a birthday or Christmas present. In the meantime, I have ordered a pack of Vortex version 2 cartos to try. I'll keep you all posted. :)

Your sister is one lucky gal! I think she'll like the Volt a lot.

I'm like you! I love mine during my morning coffee and those times when a cig in hand feels so right. I find myself flicking the ashes even lol. I also love it during Black Ops!! My shorty died on me the other day while playing so I shoved the 75mm in between my cheek and teeth like a lollipop and almost choked on all the vapor lol. I tend to take small "gasps" when I run into a bad guy ....

I use the volt when I go out into public and don't feel comfortable using my mod because people think its a crack-pipe or something. I remember when I first got it I was disappointed with the vapor production but I don't know if it was just the carto or the batt wasn't charged properly but the next time I used it and every other time since it has always vaped like a champ. The vapor production is comparable to my 5v mod. It doesn't produce quite as much but pretty close. The volt cartos should do just fine but I guess it could help you troubleshoot and diagnose your problem by trying another brand because something is definitely wrong if you aren't happy with the vape production.

Also, if you end up getting a new battery and you like the autos, then without question, spring for the new sealed autos. They are completely sealed and work just like the others. I can't tell a difference between the sealed and unsealed. I don't know how they work but somehow they know when you are taking a drag. :thumbup:

Edited by nebulas

Hmmm... I recall having the same sort of conversation about ohm ratings and cartos once before. It would really do you some good to know what they are rated AND to have a meter to test them. It can make all the difference in the world once you start trying to use them. :yes

I'm pretty sure they're Regulated 3.6 volts.

It's got to be the batteries are petering out from the zillion charges,

or it's got to be the cartos are ... duddish. Which happens with even the Boges and others as we know.

Awaiting word on the Vortex Cartos. Where are you finding these, and how much do they hold? Are they comparable to Volts and Boges in vapor?

Keeping in mind that we're all different, all vape differently, I would say yes. I get about 2hrs from the 65mm shorty and roughly 3-4 hours on the 75mm. I prefer the shorty for xboxing and have some soft rubber drip tips due in this week to make it even more enjoyable for xboxing even though it's fine without it as well.

I'm so glad I have the PCC for mine. (I won the Premium Kit in a Halloween Contest!!)

I'm curious what life span the others get from theirs.

The Volt cartos are supposed to be rated at 2.5 ohms. However, there will be variations from carto to carto. The batteries haven't been used that much yet, so they still have a way to go. They still hold a charge quite nicely.

I got my Vortex version 2 cartos. In a word, wow! These are rated between 2.4-2.7 ohms and perform beautifully. No leaks at all. The flavor is very clean and comes through nicely. The throat hit is amazing. The vapor production is way better as well. Now my Volt is kicking ***. :) I'll post a review after I have tried them a few days, but so far I'm very satisfied.

Thanks for letting us know about these, I've marked it down into my shopping list. I have so far had only one duddish volt carto, but I know the odds will be increasing with each purchase, just like even with the Boges and any carto's out there. (they are on avg great, but those duddish ones are reality).

Glad to hear your problem is solved and that you're back on Cloud 9. :)

Still rockin' my Volt with the Vortex 2 carto. Still no leaks. I do believe I finally found a clearomizer-type carto that actually works well. I may post a review tomorrow about these. The only thing I wish they could fix is the mouthpiece. It doesn't fall off, but I wouldn't try dangling it. The weight of the battery would probably cause the mouthpiece to come off, causing the battery and the carto to fall to the ground. Other than that, I'm still lovin' it. :)

That's good to know! That means I best stock up on SI's cartos as I go along, for my Xbox-ing and plan on using the Vortex 2's with my coffee and other "gotta hold a cigarette" moments.

Looking forward to the review!

Is the batt life on these the same as a standard 510 pen style?

There is a difference. The Volt is a regulated 3.7v battery. It produces a true 3.7v vape for the entire duration. It doesn't peter down to 3.2 and oh so blue like most slims do.

With that said, I have to change my previous post and say, NO, the batt life is not the same, it's better.

Edited by Uma

You're welcome!

I just ran across SteelJan's video on how to maintain the original automatic Volt batteries. Some of the tips are handy for the newer sealed and the manual as well. Toothpick, kleenex, .... rims and airholes.

The how-to starts somewhere around 3:00 on the counter if I remember right.

Video

• 2 weeks later...