Motivation Issue

jen_haynes

Hi again! Things are going wonderful. Found my all day vape & a few others to enjoy on occasion. I can breath in & out of my nose again. My sense of smell & taste have returned. I sleep well at night. But one thing seems to be an issue, I can't seem to get off of the couch. I used to be an avid walker, lifted weights, & ate healthy even while smoking. It seems my motivation has disappeared. I'm not sure if it's just from years of pushing myself when I was extremely tired during the years of smoking analogs, but I feel so tired all of the time. I thought this would have passed over by now, but maybe that's just wishful thinking. Anyone else go through this stage? (and I am hoping it's just a phase)

Hi Jen, well you made it out of the first month which was hardest for me. I think it is still a bit of all the toxins leaving your body! I am a lazy person by choice most of the time (lol) but it did get better for me as time went on. I can now mow the lawn without taking a break :laughing:

Actually I did.

One thing often reported by e cig users especially during there first month or two is sleepiness. This is especially true for users on 24mg. Nicotine in high doses seems to have a very calming effect. Take to large drags off of an ecig (lots of vapor) and you'll see what I mean within a minute or so. This however for myself and others passed.

Though I'm not a doctor, I also believe that your body is probably going through some withdrawals. You have to keep in mind that e liquid has far less chemicals than a cigarette does. And while we all focus on nicotine we forget just how many other chemicals our body has become dependent on that's regularly found in cigarettes.

I think in the long run you'll be fine. I know personally I'm more active now than I ever was as a smoker. If the issues continues though, you may wish to speak with your doctor about it.

LOL Viper Ron. Thanks Godfather! I wouldn't have suspected it to be the nicotine level. If you were still tired up to 2mo -- maybe it's not all that odd. I had bursts of energy & exhaustion when I smoked, so it's about finding that balance once again.

I use a few drops of 24 with an 18. Maybe I should give a 15ml of 12 a try & see if my energy improves. I have plans in the mo of Nov to eat vegan until Christmas (based on religious values) along with some super antioxidant supplements, & we'll be adjusting our clock soon so maybe with the combination of all of these things & through process of elimination -- I can find my happy place. I suppose I should be patient with my body's recovery (after 25yrs of analog abuse). If the energy issue persists after 6mo, I'll check in with my dr. :) Thanks for being pals!

You might want to look into Sweedish Snus. Sweedish Snus helps those who still crave cigs, as well as those who find themselves with LeadButt Syndrome. When we quit smoking, we also quit ingesting a few chemicals that were actually beneficial out of the thousands that were not. The beneficial chemicals are some kind of MOAI inhibitors. (I don't understand the jargon, but it means that us smokers had been self-dosing ourselves with anti-depressants found in tobacco cigs and our body/chemistry misses those little doses. The Sweedish Snus puts those doses back into us).

Plus, our bodys go through a tough R&R while they're healing.

The good news is, we can vape our eCigs, do our Snus, and get off the couch in a healthy way.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you're doing.

I haven't had a problem with eating more than usual thank goodness. But maybe it is leadbutt syndrome lol that's funny. (it's going to be my new term.). I know I'll get the energy back if I work out. It's the motivation of walking down the stairs & hopping on the treadmill. I can say the snus stuff is definitely -not for me-. After 9 yrs, I still like to make out with my husband :D I'll just take as a good sign that my body wants to heal & if the LBS doesn't go away in 6mo, I'll check with my doc to make sure nothing serious is going on.

I'm gonna have to steal the leadbutt syndrome term, too! I just thought it was because I only get an average of 2-3 hours of sleep a night because I have a 1, 2, & 3 year olds & one that's 15 (& u think ur tired, Godfather!! Congrats, btw!!) Some days I really feel it's a struggle to get anything done (aside from meeting their basic daily needs)! I actually feel less tired since I quit smoking (almost 5 weeks now, yea!!) & am hoping I don't hit that wall in the next few weeks-I don't need any help feeling unmotivated! For instance, right now it's almost 9pm & 2 of the 3 little ones are taking naps!!! If anyone wants to chat @ 4am...I'll still be up!! lol

Snus isn't messy like chew. It dissolves a little bit of nicotine at a time into your system. It comes in pouches or you can pinch.

For those who don't want to Snus, there are other alternatives, like ORBS and stuff. I'll try to remember to research the other alts later today.

Fai, I don't know how you do it! You go girl!

SNUS is cleaner ,no bits o' terbacky in your teeth and it is processed so you can swallow instead of spitting if you choose.But it is still an irritant that may cause health issues and oral cancer.My fav was Copenhagen Black.