Help: New Ecig Setup Needed

RezoTheRed

I was introduced to eCigs by a mall vendor in Trumbull, CT. The starter kit was $35 and it wasn't long until my atomizer stopped working. I kept exchanging them until I decided to buy single coil cartomizers from a different vendor at $12 per 5 pack. Eventually, I started refilling my cartomizers myself for $15 smoke juice bottles that had 15ml's of juice. I feel like there was a lot of trial and error throughout this process (to get where I am right now). Also, I spend about $0.70/day total on smoking because I refill my cartridges w/ smoke juice.

**PLEASE MAKE SURE THE RECOMMENDATION IS NOT SOME HYPER EXPENSIVE METHOD THAT RAISES THE PRICE SIGNIFICANTLY!!**

Current Setup

$35 starter kit from Nuvocig.com

$12/ 5 pack single coil cartomizers from Blucig.com

$15/ 15ml bottles of smoke juice from Johnsoncreeksmokejuice.com

New Setup

New Starter Kit? More Coils? Better and More Affordable Juice? Better Manufacturing on Cartomizers? ......?

Thanks!

RezoTheRed

Oh, I forgot to mention that I've been using this setup for 7-8 months. I'm looking for an increase in quality.. can't help but think there's something out there that would blow my freaking mind. The options seem endless..... I need a pro to help me with this.

Wow. Where to start? There are so many options. How do you like your kit now? If you want to upgrade, an ego would provide longer battery life, and also allow you to use an LR atty or carto (warmer vape that simulates a higher voltage vape). You should also be able to almost double the amount of juice you are getting for that price- along with increase the quality if you try some of the vendors out there. A lot of vendors do samples and smaller bottles so you can find something you like quicker and more economically. The vaportalkstore has some great juice, vermillionriverejuice has free samples if you pay shipping (and I can vape this all day long), Boba's Bounty from AVEJuice is very popular, also check out guidetovaping.com for a changing list of popular juice vendors. The VT forum here is invaluable- poke around and learn, or ask questions here and you'll find the cure for your vaping ailments.

I don't use cartos, but a lot of vapers rave about the dual coils. Someone will be around shortly to chime in on where to get the best deal on cartos.

Good luck, and welcome to VT!

You're right about there being soooo many options. Here's an idea of the things I might want to improve on:

1. Cosmetically
  2. Strength and Size of Puff
  3. Quality of Cartomizers
  4. Alternatives to Cartomizers
  5. Compatibility

Cosmetics

I see two major differences in the eCig market. The first, is the "bulkyness" of these Joye batteries. I'm not sure that it is going to satisfy me, but can't be sure of that. The second, I found a bunch of AWESOME looking things here: http://www.smoktech.com/goods.aspx?GoodsID=10098 that I'd like to use. As far as what they go with, etc. is obviously a problem. I haven't seen a review of anything that looks like that without it being attached to an EGO (which I'm still confused about).

Strength and Size of Puff

MORE MORE MORE!! (Self explanatory), lol

Quality of Cartomizers

If I am going to choose a cartomizer.. I'm interested in something that can be refilled and everyone raves about. The last thing I want to do is get something in the mail that hardly works and have to send it back and wait god knows how many days for a decent one to arrive. Are cartomizers even the best way to go? It's not like my mighty mall vendor that sold me the starter kit has any awareness that a dual coil exists. How am I supposed to know the "ways of the vape" without spending 200 hours online?

Alternatives to Cartomizers

This kind of falls under the last part. I'm seeing.. yet not understanding.

Compatibility

Alright, so I'm finding comments around the internet that claim the "EGO T" does not work with a bunch of 3rd party items. I'm a PC and not a MAC for the simple fact that propriety hardware means $$$. I've got to stay in the competitive market so these parts remain affordable.

Thanks btw or your response! (Looking for more!!!)

I would also recommend the eGo starter kit, it will come with all the necessory equipment and is compatible with 510 connections which seem to be the popular size. I do not personal like the tank systems and would not recommend them myself altho others seem to like the tanks. If you would like a carto that looks great with the eGo batt and holds almost 5ML of juice, try the eGo Mega Dual Coil cartos :)

Edited by Viper Ron

I've heard a lot of good things about the smoketech cartos. I use LR attys on a REO Grand (bottomfeeder) personally. You should try a joye LR atty and compare to the dual coil cartos and find out what suits you better (don't put LR attys on your current setup). Don't be afraid of the size of the Ego- it's really not that large, and it gets the job done. The Ego is versatile. The ego-T has a wicking atty, which gets a lot of complaints. I'd never go back to that style of tank after trying 3 of the attys. A lot of people us a MAP tank with a dual coil carto and have good things to say about it. ...you can get those right here at the VT store.

Buy backups. (batterys, juice, cartos/attys)

Hope this helps.

I echo the eGo comments. I am fond of the eGo PT (vape while charging as well as unlug and vape).

Cartos are usually under 8.00 for a 5 pack of either prefilled or empties. I like to buy both and buy juices for filling refilling. The 510 cartos are easy to refill.

Get a drip tip (mouthpiece) to insert into carto after each top off... it's more comfortable in your mouth, plus is easier to plug back into the carto than the round cap thingie. You can buy all kinds of mouthpieces from delrin to stainless steel as well as acrylic and glass. From 1.00 to 20 bucks. They come in all kinds of cool colors and designs or flat black or white. They also come in many sizes and styles, like wide mouth or whistle tip. Cherryvapes has the righteous Ming drip tips that fit the lips to a tee for around 8.00

I like the eGo mega dual coil cartomizers (EMDCC) when I use a carto because it lasts all day and provides great vapor and nice flavor. They cost about 3 bucks each. (2.49 on up and last for forever). They have their own drip tip on them.

Nitelitevapor has the best price in town for great juice. But you will need to use the "notify me" button during most shopping trips. Until you can get some, there are affordable juices everywhere. Tastyvapor.us for instance.

VaporTalk has the eGo as well as some fantastic juices.

Smartvapes.com has a nice eGo PT kit for 24 bucks. (they put the kit together in a smart easy way to get started).

Best of luck, and welcome to the forum!

Also, Nitelitevapor has one of the best prices on 'Boge LR cartos' also... at $ 6.50 per box of 5!

https://www.nitelitevapor.us/shop/article_52.001/510-LR-Cartomizers-by-BOGE.html?sessid=zJczZtHeK6KdLB2rV0B2jkDmVkt0aODCL0XUU9fvridPmaUJcULFBqQaX6NmQAjn&shop_param=cid%3D33%26aid%3D52.001%26

But, I've recently been loving the 'eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartos' as well... very nice and last a long while!

Madvapes has them for about the best price I've seen... at $2.79.

http://www.madvapes.com/eGo-Mega-Dual-Coil-Cartomizer-Flat-Tip_p_3225.html

You really can't go wrong with either one... and work great if you were to get yourself an eGo Mega battery to power them!

I just ordered the ego 1000mah with a monster atty. Don't know what that means but hope i didn't mess up. Don't even know if that is a Lr are what. Any feed back would be helpful. Thanks

So... what is it you are wanting to know specifically?? Where did you order it from ?

Alright people.. I just got my eGo in the mail. I bought it from Vaportalk.. and man oh man.. is this ******* thing nice. Honestly people, it sounds like an advertisement.. but holy crap. Throw some smoke juice into this thing and man.

Listen, if you are reading this.. you might be where I was. I spent a solid month looking around and learning.. really hesitant to buy something. I always wait on technology because something new comes out all the time. If you are REALLY REALLY hearing me right now.. ok.. pay attention. You aren't getting your fix.. your **** keeps tasting like cardboard on fire.. buy a goddamn ego and in 3 days you will be on here saying the same thing. I **** you not.

Alright people.. I just got my eGo in the mail. I bought it from Vaportalk.. and man oh man.. is this ******* thing nice. Honestly people, it sounds like an advertisement.. but holy crap. Throw some smoke juice into this thing and man.

Listen, if you are reading this.. you might be where I was. I spent a solid month looking around and learning.. really hesitant to buy something. I always wait on technology because something new comes out all the time. If you are REALLY REALLY hearing me right now.. ok.. pay attention. You aren't getting your fix.. your **** keeps tasting like cardboard on fire.. buy a goddamn ego and in 3 days you will be on here saying the same thing. I **** you not.

And we all get to say... 'I told ya so!' :thumbsup: