Please Sign Petition! 5,000 Votes Needed By October 27Th!

frosting

The White House has developed a way for We The People to help communicate to The White House.

I know this petition is new, and may or may not have been mentioned around Vapor Talk. If this is a repeat I apologize. If 5,000 people quickly sign up, and vote in favor the White House agrees to look more seriously into the petition. This petition is for PVs/ electronic cigarettes to be recognized as a safer alternative to smoking cigarettes.

Quote from .gov site :

Recognize electronic cigarettes as an effective alternative to smoking and support job creation in this new industry.

Electronic cigarettes have just begun to capture the attention of the American public, 24% of whom are regular cigarette smokers. This new technology has shown promise in reducing the adverse health effects associated with smoking, while delivering an experience that can satisfy the cravings which make quitting so difficult. It's no secret that smoking accounts for nearly $100 billion dollars in healthcare costs annually- not to mention the productivity lost when smokers fall ill or pass away due to smoking related diseases. The administration's support for this emerging technology would pave the way for reducing the societal costs of smoking, while creating jobs in a new sector which has grown significantly in the past two years. Support job creation and deficit reduction by signing now!

Please click below, make an account and add your signature!! & SPREAD THE WORD :)

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/recognize-electronic-cigarettes-effective-alternative-smoking-and-support-job-creation-new-industry/57vtB0QK?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

Edited by frosting

I changed my mind about signing this. I heard an interview not to long ago from the guy from Boston University that said it's a bad idea to make e-cigs out as "healthy" or "safe" because it could fall under pharmaceutical instead of tobacco -- which would require a lot of $ to fight & that industry could fight this forever - driving the ecig to go out of business with court/legal fees.. . I'm hesitating on this one. I want e-cig to be treated as an alternative to traditional tobacco. Are my facts correct here or ?

Edited by jen_haynes

Hey good to see you're still vaping too Jen :)

Well, the title does say "Recognize electronic cigarettes as an effective alternative to smoking" Alternative I believe is the big big word here. Calling them a cessation device would be a health claim, then that would be where Big Pharm and health related such n such would want to step in the sense I think you are concerned about. If you are concerned about voting for it doing some more research might help you feel more at ease. No pressure!

If I'm wrong though, someone please correct me!

Posted on Facebook :)

Thanks Christopher!

Edited by frosting

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP

12,000 smokers die every day because they have been denied the knowledge of safer alternatives to smoking. Don't let this happen to you or to someone you love. Sign the Petition and save 12,000 lives a day.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/%21/petition/recognize-electronic-cigarettes-effective-alternative-smoking-and-support-job-creation-new-industry/57vtB0QK?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

We're almost there, but still need 300 or so more signatures before the 27th.

Way cool to watch it jump 6 more signatures up while hubby was signing it. :) Busy day at the petition office. Let's hope it stays busy this whole week. It would be awesome to go over the amount needed.