The Munkusbjuicebox

MunkusBFunky

Here's the box put together.

post-1077-125323224079_thumb.jpg

Inside.

post-1077-125323233444_thumb.jpg

The RCA jack.

post-1077-125323235227_thumb.jpg

And the Battery and Atty. At least dead battery's are good for something... lol.

post-1077-125323236155_thumb.jpg

Sorry you cant see inside the box better my camera sucks and I don't have good lighting in my shop.

Edited by MunkusBFunky

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I have been working on the look of this thing and it is still uglier than sin but I love it. I recessed the RCA connection and the LED, it is much smaller than my original

This one shows all the atomizers I can connect to it.

post-1077-125478213643_thumb.jpg

And this one shows the size compared to M401 battery and atomizer, one of the smallest E-Cigs out there. Against my mod with a DSE801 plugged into it, one of the largest E-Cigs out there.

post-1077-125478215766_thumb.jpg

And I know that the VP2 uses the same batteries that I do, so you guys should be very pleased with your purchase. This thing is a vapor monster! :punk:

You just get a battery connector off of a battery or order them at Altsmoke.com. Then take your RCA plug and widen the hole with progressively bigger drill bits till the batt connector will press fit inside. I haven't used glue or epoxy on any of these. Once you have the right size hole just solder a wire from the plug end to the center of your battery connection. <--- that part is a little tedious, but worth it for the versatility, in my opinion.

I can honestly say that if I had not found out about E-Cigs, I wouldn't know how to solder or know as much about batteries that I do today! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Well here is Version 3.0, two batteries wired in parallel. On weekdays I have had this thing last me for 2 days strait, on weekends I vape a bit more, but I still get about a full day and night out of the batteries.

Size comparison

post-1077-125641688774_thumb.jpg

Still ugly... but functional

post-1077-125641690057_thumb.jpg

If anyone is interested I could do write up on how to build these, it is open source and you can find the material elsewhere, but I wouldn't mind.

Yeah a box mod is nice thing to have especially with a 510 and the crappy battery life they have. I just looked at the last version there and I almost made the same thing with a box from Radio Shack. Good work.

Edited by Snarkyone

It's not too hard Sinikal, one of the most expensive thing will be your soldering iron and I would suggest getting some 'helping hands' don't know if that's what they are really called, it's essentially a couple of alligator clips on a weighted stand.

Fortunately I work at a electrical assembly place so I haven't had to buy any tools yet, that is proly why I went into modding rather than pick up a pre-built like the VP1/2.