Vaping For A Little Bit Now And Loving It... Buuut

frosting

I feel like my body is really bouncing back, which is awesome. Today at the track I was really able to run a lot more, my lung capacity has been 3 folds better. I want to say 85-95% of my coughing is gone besides when my body is expelling something to heal/clean itself out being only 5 days in. I have yet to touch or want an analog. Hooray! I even gave a friend a cigg yesterday night because she wanted one, let her smoke it around me. It was a little difficult, i figured "test yourself, its inevitable anyways so may as do it around someone you can tell to put it out if it gets too hard". I didn't end up telling her to put it out, just vaped away. Oh and I found my new juice love.... Mint chocolate chip... It reminds me of the ice cream i have in the freezer... Yum!

Now, all of a sudden I'm running into some issues. I figure the quitters acne is normal. Had that start the last couple of days. Toxins expelling, not happy about it but figure it won't last forever. Wish I didn't get a bump by lip... that's just not a cute look.

What's really bothering me is the last 3, 4 hours... Boom. After I got back from my walk/run all of a sudden my taste buds... Even my most flavorful juices... I can taste them, but barley. Its some really awful timing considering I was in the middle of writing up reviews on them and now it would be unfair to the vendor if I do it under the influence of non-cooperative taste buds. Any tips to bring them back to life? I drank water. Scrub my tongue with a tooth brush? Are they just healing? I'm thinking perhaps my tastebuds are just tired.... Wondering If this also happened to any other fellow vapers. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and any advice you may have!

Edited by frosting

Yes, I see more posts about loosing taste than anything else. I think it happens to everyone. I can’t explain why, maybe its like BirdDog Said, your taste buds get worn out. I was lucky enough not to have this problem all that much.

As I said in other posts, I switch flavors ALL the time. Gezze, I’m up to 40 different flavors now. The other day I posted I was at 30.. hahaha. I’m addicted to trying new flavors. But any ways, I think keeping my flavors fresh, and not getting used to 1 particular flavor helps me a lot. How ever, I know when I get a new batch of flavors in, and I make my juice, and try them all, my taste buds go into overload, and I start loosing some taste.

I eat something salty, like sunflower seeds or corn chips or something like that. That helps out a lot in getting my taste back.

I agree with the others. Switch it up even more so. I think Salt does help in bringing it back, like MJ suggested. I know after spicey salty foods my vape tastebuds spring back to brand new. It surprises me every time.

To combat the duds, I keep 3 pv's going off and on all day, each with a different flavor and sometimes a different nic strength. (Reo Grand,with 555 or other tobacco flavor,.. eGo,with desert flavor ....and then I switch between my Black Silver Bullet and Copper Q with fruit flavor). (Oh and On Sundays I break out my beautiful Mark's Mod with beverage flavor).

I hope your buds awaken soon!

Thanks Guys! I have been going on a vapor buying spree. I'm expecting to be getting about 10 new flavors in. Right now I'm going between two new flavors I have since I'm a little sick of menthol since that's what I've been vaping. I'm also considering buying about 5 new attys , and another box of cartos to rotate flavors. One atty for tobacco, sweets, fruit, menthol, ect. I will defiantly keep in mind the salty/spicy tip. Its funny that i ate some tositos earlier and the flavors did become a little more pungent. Hopefully after a good nights rest the tastebuds will be ready to roll in the morning.

It’s a whole new world.

It’s not supposed to taste like burning paper, and the flavor descriptions don’t need to match your choices in food either. We’re not eating the flavors.

…and it didn’t take long for me to realize I could try desert flavor liquids without liking desert.

-Cantus

It’s a whole new world.

It’s not supposed to taste like burning paper, and the flavor descriptions don’t need to match your choices in food either. We’re not eating the flavors.

…and it didn’t take long for me to realize I could try desert flavor liquids without liking desert.

-Cantus

Ya Cantus, I get that.If I didn't I would of never traveled this road. Thanks.

Besides the other ideas heard on here, just thought I'd chime in. As an experiment, these items are typically used to cleanse your palate: lemon sorbet or water with lemon (if you're trying to cut out unnecessary calories), pickled ginger (my favorite), or table water crackers. Also a piece of fruit - one single piece like an apple may help. These suggestions may or may not work with vaping. Also for consideration, gently using a tongue scraper, if you don't do so already.

So far I haven't come across too many tasting issues with the exception of last night. Taco flavored Doritos & Wine + Vaping = :P yuck! Congratulations & keep up the fight for your health!

Jen

"This too shall pass"

Edited by jen_haynes

Thanks Jen! I love pickled ginger too. I think for my 1st week of quitting smoking my treat to myself is going to be sushi.

Uhhh Oh Blake... I hope you are wrong! Cause i ordered a big ol bottle of chocolate mint liquid lol It would be a tragedy if i ended up hating that!

Strangely enough, purely by accident after adding some menthol liquid to my atty, some choc mint flavor came though. yum!

Edited by frosting

Let me reword that... Liquids that you vape now 'may' taste different later down the road as you get your taste buds back to normal.

Also, when you get a new liquid, vape it a few days on and off before you really decide if you like it or not. I've noticed that liquids I don't like, I can come back and vape them at a later date and love them.

Also, when you get a new liquid, vape it a few days on and off before you really decide if you like it or not. I've noticed that liquids I don't like, I can come back and vape them at a later date and love them.

That is soooo true. However, there are very few flavors I don't like, lol.... I don't like tobacco flavors, and prolly never will, (I mean I quick smoking 6 weeks ago, why do I want to taste cigarette agian) and I still don't like the cheesecake flavor, taste like butter on bad bread, lol...

Yes, I'm doing this with some tobaccos. Letting them steep it out. Honestly scared to try to them agian... as they tasted so terrible I had to clean my atty -_- Buuut i can't really taste right now so maybe its a good time to use them hehe.

I'm hoping a week or so of steeping will help some kick bass vapor flavors i bought. They are good, but not exactly tasting like what they are "suppose" to yet.