Please Enlighten Me - Are Wet Throat Hits Possible & Etc Questions To Follow

jen_haynes

Hi back again

So that leaves me with some more new questions - is there such a thing as wet throat hits? If so, how do I achieve this? Two different juices I have hit kind of dry & both are PG juice. Would this have anything to do with the combination 50/50 or 80/20 that would help? Perhaps it's due to breaking in a new device?? Or is it the 24mg I'm vaping?

Can I reuse a cartomizer by cleaning them? Is it recommended? If so, is there a how to on youtube or a step by step link?

Can I charge my Mega Battery Joye Ego Tank before the battery dies? The instructions say not to in order to prolong battery life. But wasn't sure if that's true or not.

Surviving & Cranky,

Jen - mother of two

24 hours smoke free. 48 hours with 1 analog. 44 analogs avoided & a savings of $10-$12.

I can't answer all of your questions, but I will answer one.

The batteries need to be dead before you recharge them, I say this from experience with the same battery. I have one that I did recharge even when it was not needed and now the battery life is almost half of all my other ego batt.

I have been told you can wash the material that's in the cartomizers, but I don't know how, so I await that answer.

How long have you been using the same cartomizer? You don't have to clean them, just keep them "topped off". If you start getting a dryness, add some juice to them. When I used cartos, I found that adding 8-10 drops every hour or so (depends on how much you vape) helped out. Dayvape is the carto expert, so hopefully he'll provide you some more info.

Cartos are meant to be disposable. Some people clean them, some don't. Some boil them and other just soak them in GPA (Everclear or Vodka).

Thanks for the battery reply! That helps big time! I'm very tempted to charge it since it's been 48 hours without charging it!

I do notice Admin Brian, when I top it off I get a lot more satisfaction & not as dry of a hit. That helps! I've been using the same cartomizer since Thursday evening.

Edited by jen_haynes

I could be wrong, but the way I understood lithium ion batteries is that they have a limited number of charges. Say for example a battery has a life cycle of 300 charges. If a fully charged battery lasts you 2 days and you charge it every two days, then you'll get 600 days use out of it. If it lasts you two days, but you charge it every day, they you're basically cutting the life of the battery in half (it'll only last you 300 days).

I agree with Dave about the battery. I believe that's true of all rechargeable batteries. In my experience there's very little warning that the battery is about to die -- maybe two or three hits with a little less than average vapor production, which you could easily think was just a fluke

@ Admin Brian, - you lost me somewhere between the math of 300 & 600 :) Thanks Dave & Sovereign. I'll just follow the instructions to wait until the battery has died & carry a spare e-cig with me when running errands. Also Dah! Just found the tutorials on this website. I think Dayvape did a tutorial on cleaning a cartomizer. I'll check it out

As stated above, the batteries need to be dead before each re-charge. I "ALWAYS" wait till my eGo batteries blink indicating that they need a recharge. My buddy recharges his batteries any old time as he pleases and my batteries last WAY longer than his. He buys batteries much faster than I do. His go bad and need replaced. Costly mistake! As for cleaning a cartomizer, I use hot water to rinse them out and I also run a piece of dental bridge floss through mine. You can buy it at any Walgreen's pharmacy. It's like a flexible pipe cleaner but smaller in diameter so it fits through the air passage way. It gently pulls all the build up off the coils. I use dual coil and single coil cartomizers. It makes my cartomizers last a lot longer. Hope this helps! :)

I do not clean my cartomizers, I keep them topped off as Brian said and when they stop producing decent vapor, usually 4 or 5 days, I toss them. You can clean them, but my opinion is it is a lot of hard work, every time I have gotten one wet, that was the end of it for me, they never work as well anyway.

I keep mine topped off during use also. You never want to vape a dry cartomizer, or a dry atomizer. But tossing them away after only 4 or 5 days? I get a lot of good use out of mine. They fire just like new if they are rinsed out with hot water and the air passage is cleaned. I let them air dry over night or until I want to re-use them again. I only use the same type/flavor of juice in each one, so no change in flavor. Easy to do and well worth the effort. A 5 Pack lasts me a while before I need to reorder more.

I also run a piece of dental bridge floss through mine. You can buy it at any Walgreen's pharmacy. It's like a flexible pipe cleaner but smaller in diameter so it fits through the air passage way. It gently pulls all the build up off the coils.

Jay, thanks for reminding me about the dental bridge floss! I have gotten back into using cartomizers since discovering the Mega Dual Coil's cartos. I was down to one a few weeks back and waiting for an order to come in. The coils were gunked up to the point that I couldn't see light through the center and for the life of me I couldn't remember the floss trick.

@Jen, there are so many different ways to clean cartomizers. Do a google search and you will be amazed by all the videos. I have tried the boiling in water and I even purchased a Ultrasonic Cleaner. IMO the way that has worked best for me is to flush them out with hot water from the faucet, blow out as much of the water that I can. Then submerge them in Everclear over night. The next morning I blow out the everclear and give them a couple of good wrist flicks. Then I set them in front of my laptop exhaust fan for the day. Since my laptop is in use for the majority of the day, by the end of the day the carto is completely dry.

Now for the easiest thing to do. Keep your cartomizer wet with juice by topping up when needed. If you use thin, light colored eliquids that are not super sweet, a cartomizer will be good for 5 days or more. If you use thick, dark colored, and/or super sweet juices, your cartomizer coils are going to get gunked up and their life span will decrease. When your cartomizer has reached its maximum life expectancy, just throw it away. :yes

Jay, thanks for reminding me about the dental bridge floss! I have gotten back into using cartomizers since discovering the Mega Dual Coil's cartos. I was down to one a few weeks back and waiting for an order to come in. The coils were gunked up to the point that I couldn't see light through the center and for the life of me I couldn't remember the floss trick.

You're welcome! :D It works great for me! Hope you have good luck :clover: with it too! I vape Kretek (thick) juice and it gets the gunk out! :thumbsup: