Dying Ego-Tak Atty?

mjradik

Been using the eGo-Tank, type A, now for 6 weeks. Same Atty. I vape 3-4ml/day. 20%VG/80%PG. I’m just wondering what to expect when an atty dies? Does it quit vaping all together? I only ask because the 6-week atty I’m using has a constant ‘burnt’ taste, no matter what I do. I try to get rid of it, but can’t. Cleaning/boiling/etc doesn't help.

I did notice in the past, If I let the tank run dry, by mistake that is, I would refill, and by the 2-3rd puff after the refill the burth taste would go away. My new atty I’m using now is great.

Should I just trash that atty now? I don’t think its worth taking apart, and trying a ‘dry burn’. But of course since it might be dead, would be a good ‘pratice’ atty to take apart.

Ofcourse to, the atty might just be fine still, and a dry burn will fix it to get all the build up off it.

Edited by mjradik

I've had some just die, and have had some do what you're experiencing. I just trashed it at that point. I'm guess that it's not wicking. You could try to take it apart and lift the wick some. You got nothing to lose at this point if you do want to fiddle with it. I've been using a CE2 for a while now. It has an exposed coil and I'm shocked at how nasty the coil gets after only a few days. I hate to think about what some of them look like after 6 weeks.

Edited by Brian

Don't trash the atty! You can clean it out and it will perform like new.

It takes some patience and nerve, but it's worth it.

There is a tutorial on youtube by a pro.

I'll try to find it for you.

Just don't toss that atty yet. Those things ain't cheap!

Oh yeah, if you don't have a meter,get one.

Check the resistance, and if it's more than 3-4ohms after a proper cleaning, it's dead.

yea, I've seen the video for the Sunday kitchen thing, and also the wick adjustment thing. So i'm familier with those. I'll give the cleaning a try and post back.

I have a volt meter but not a resistance meter. Do I just get one at home depot or something? What the exact name so I know what I'm looking for, 'A Resitance meter'?? Approx price? like $10 or $15?

I just wanted to update everyone on my dying ego-T atty. The burt taste is GONE!, and its vaping like a new atty (for now that is). I did not take my atty apart because my needle nose pliers were to big to fit in the atty, and I went to home depot and believe it or not, they didn't have a mini-needle nose pliers, woow, didn't expect that because I've seen them, and know what they are, but just couldn't find them.

So what I did was, soak my atty in 90% rubbing alcohol for 48 hours. Then rinsed it out, soaked it in boling water for 10 minutes, then let dry for 24 hours. Woow, that rubbing alcohol was BROWN when I took it out. Also keep in mind, if you do this, it WILL REMOVE the colored covering on the atty left with just the normal metal. So my titanium atty is now a stainless steel atty, LOL...

So obviously, for me any ways, the burnt taste was just coming from old burnt on crap on the coils. cleaning the coils fixed it.

So been vaping on it for a day now and so far so good. (well I do notice a tighter draw on it now over my other attys, but oh well) Lets hope I get another couple week out of it because it dies and stops vaping all together.

Edited by mjradik

I'd also like to add that you can also soak an atty in a cup of water with an efferdent tablet in it. I had an atty that had a horrible draw nearly no vapor. I let it soak in a cup with efferdent for 30 minutes, rinsed it out and soaked it with efferdent for another 30, rinsed and let dry overnight. It works like new!

Wonder if efferdent will get rid of the puke primer taste. Last time I ordered attys was 8+ weeks ago, Then, I blew that primer out, and by 0.5ml vaping, the vomit primer taste was gone. I just got 2 attys in today, and I'm 2+ mils in and still can't rid of it. I tried doing plain 0 flavor 0 nic like somone sugested. A know from the past that water doesn't help. I don't want to use rubbing alchohol on a brand new atty. I'm going to try the efferdent, see if they helps on my other new one.