Argh Ruined My Atomizers Already

susan55040

Okay so am trying to get used to the e-cigs and have totally been cutting down for quit date on Thursday. I made the mistake of cleaning the atomizer now I have to pull super hard to get anything. :(. I ordered a back-up e-go 510. Has not shipped yet and I ordered 2 more atomizers for the 510 a reg and an LG also not yet shipped. Hope I ordered the right part. I have not even started yet and having trouble. I hope this is not a sign................ I take it they should not be cleaned?????? I followed the video on here but apparently did something wrong.

When you clean your atomizers, usually a simple blow out should be fine. Just blow through the atomizer itself and that'll get it back going if it's gunked up and stuff.

As for an atomizer that has been ran dry multiple times and you've burned the wick, might as well trash it if you don't want to get into anything extensive like dewicking.

Getting used to e-cigs shouldn't be much of a problem as I've seen many make the change easily. You're still getting the nicotine, you just need to face that you'll need to detach yourself from the actual knowing.

You may tend to have a few small issues such as having a ugh feeling due to getting away from the other chemicals in analog cigaettes that you've also become addicted to that e-cigs don't contain.

If you're having a few problems at first, it's fine. Not everyones experience at first is perfect. It's all about learning and just going with it. No matter how many of these small problems you might have (which is common for noobs), it is nothing compared to living a much healthier lifestyle for not only yourself but for your family as well.

Enjoy and don't give up. vape on!

Thanks I am not giving up trying. Just a little frustrated. Not like we can run to the store for parts. LOL. Have to plan, plan, plan. I am seeing as able I am going to have to get spare parts to have on hand. Am making quite an initial investment although I know in the long wrong it will cost less then analogs. :)

What kind of battery are you using, the eGo battery or the regular 510 stick battery? I am just a bit confused by what kit you are using.

I don't bother cleaning my atomizers or cartomizers. Every time I have attempted to do has been a failure. Not worth my time and frustration to save a few dollars.

Edited by BirdDog

The battery is the ego. Yeah I learned the hard way. Do you know what the difference is in the atomizers for the ego and the one with LR I ordered one of each? They both said for the ego. And I can direct drip on either correct?

If they are the 510 atomizer you can direct drip with them. All 510 atomizers will work on the eGo battery. If you got the eGo tank atomizers, you can't direct drip with those. The LR simulates vaping at a higher voltage. You will get a warmer vape, more vapor and there will be a bit of flavor loss because the vapor is warmer.

Okay then I believe I ordered the correct ones. That will give me a chance to compare. Whew.......... I was worried there for a minute. I think I have learned not to try being a neat freak with them. LOL I had not even used them a alot yet. Had to go and wash them. :hope::wallbash:

Some people clean their atomizers, but like others have said, everytime I did it all I did was ruin them. You might consider getting some cartomizers, they come 5 to a pack for about the same money as one atomizer. You fill them up with juice and vape away. Each one probably last about three or four days, then you toss them. In my opinion, they are a lot easier to deal with. You can get them in reg or LR for your ego. Good luck to you. Don't be so hard on yourself, just enjoy the learning process, they are different and there is a learning curve. You will be an ole pro in no time. :)

Get some cartomizers for sure. They work great. It's all I ever use now as I just can't get the hang of direct dripping. I make a mess or get that nasty burnt taste. I keep a few attys around just in case but always use my cartomizers. The lr ones are good.

Okay I worked on them a bit last evening and I blew them out. It worked for now. :) I love these new juices from VT. I got the Midnight and Sweet Dawn and Dulcis. What a nice smooth flavor all of these have. They will get a work out soon. :). Only tomorrow to go until the switch. Plus Sunday am on a major outing so will have a go kit ready. :) .

I try not to clean mine and rarely, if ever, have a need to. When I do I boil the water seperately, never putting the atomizer in the pan. Water takes a while to drain/dry from within the atomizer. The more humid your climate .. the longer it will take. I've heard Everclear works well to breakup gunk and rinse your atties. It's reported to evaporate quickly and is claimed not to leave any residue .. I would look further into this before dunking your atties, but it may be a viable option.

If you search YouTube for "Phee303 How to dewick your atomizer" you will find a very helpful video on removing the wick from your atties. The wicking will char/burn and since it's made of some sort of poly fiber this creates a horrible taste that can never be cleaned out. I dewick all of my atties once I test them to be sure they are not DOA. I suggest this to all atty users experiencing a nasty/funky taste.

Good luck with your new atties :)

Like the others, I don't bother to clean mine anymore either. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. The only time I bother nowadays is on an atty that is so gunked up it doesn't work right anyway.

It helps to re-prime atties with non-flavored VG. Just put in 3-5 drops and let it sit for an hour or overnight. Attach to battery and drop in 2-3 drops of flavored juice and behold the vapor.

If you don't have non-flavored VG laying around, then just reprime with the ejuice you have on hand, let it sit for 10 minutes, attach to battery, add 2-3 drops and vape away. (less vapor but still good to go).

Good luck with your new atties!

(Cisco's are slightly different... if you purchase /Cisco's then be sure to read their instructions on their site).

Okay I worked on them a bit last evening and I blew them out. It worked for now. :) I love these new juices from VT. I got the Midnight and Sweet Dawn and Dulcis. What a nice smooth flavor all of these have. They will get a work out soon. :). Only tomorrow to go until the switch. Plus Sunday am on a major outing so will have a go kit ready. :) .

Sweet Dawn - Mmmmmmmm. An interesting flavor that surprisingly goes very nicely with a fresh cup of coffee. :) Sweet Dawn is a strong flavor is will linger in your atty for quite some time. If you're going to use Sweet Dawn regularly, you may want to have one atty for it.

I've been cleaning my ego-t atty's with a homemade ultra-sonic cleaner w/ hot distilled water about once a week and have never had a problem. I'll take some pictures and video of how to make a decent cleaner easily in the tutorial forum when i get a minute.