Effects Of Vapor Vs Smoking Analogs On Computer Electronics

I work in a computer store and see comps come in every day damaged by analog smoke. I see more problems related to hardware in PCs exposed to analog smoke than those of non smokers. The tar is sucked in by the fans and coats all the boards with sticky tar goo waiting for the dust to cling and absorb more tar. This will not only shorten the life of a PC but any electronics around analog smoke... TVs, DVRs, Cell Phones, etc...

Because Vapor has no tar, it will help extend the life of not only ones self but everything they own that is electronic.

So Vape away and know your computer and the electronics in your home will live longer and run cooler saving you even more money. ;)

Which reminds me... I'm getting ready to take my iMac in for a tuneup. I assume motherboards and other components can be cleaned of old analog tars, right? What long-term effects can an ex-smoker expect from a cleaned machine that used to be in a smokey environment?

Sorry to say not good, there is no good way of cleaning the tar off. Any solvents strong enough to clean tar residue will damage the components even more. Best thing is to use canned air and know your next IMac will not be damaged. I have two comps here on my desk... My old one is bad and should just have the guts replaced. Tar is nasty stuff and even gets into the CD/DVD drives coating the lasers.

I have a number of machines running in my office in which I vape around and have had no issues, they are all as clean as a whistle. Same thing goes for Royce and Sean's office. I never smoked in the house but I do work on various machines. I've seen machines that are so smelly and covered in tar you'd think it was their astray. As Compenstine stated there isn't much you can do about it, or at least no much that is worth the time and money.

It's amazing how some people treat their computers. I've seen machines with food and ants inside of them. Then they wonder why it doesn't turn on anymore. I had one box I opened up that was about 5 years old and the amount of dust a crap inside was amazing. I couldn't believe the thing still ran. I'll have to post some of the pictures of I have of these computers. I remember one computer even had a couple of baby cockroaches inside, gross. I took that box outside right away. :o

I remember one computer even had a couple of baby cockroaches inside, gross. I took that box outside right away. :o

Dude, that's dirty. I think I know who may have had that goin on. We'll talk about it next time I see you.