Arrggg It Happened Again!

This is the second m401 atty that died in less than 4 days. I have bought two 401s and the attys that came with them only lasted 3-3 1/2 days. I know this is not typical so I must ask... Has anyone else had this trouble with the 401?

I do vape allot, could it just be over use?

Could it be that I have stuck it my pocket that had spare change in it? (Activating auto battery)

Poor design of the m401 atty?

Dirty... I don't see any carbon buildup at all?

It will not stop me from vaping because I feel so much better than I did smoking analogs. It is a bit frustrating though. I'm just hoping for some advice in this matter from those that have been doing this a while. I like the slim design of the 401 and the blue led. ;) I can't tell if the element is burned up or what the problem is. I have made sure that it always was wet with fluid.

Please Help!

100d1233210684-pilotatom-2.jpg

Edited by Compenstine

You may have just gotten a few bum atomizers... Have you tried getting ahold of JD, he is a pretty stand up guy, might help you out.

BTW all I have is a M401. I know some people don't care for them but mine has been going strong for almost 3 weeks now.

You may have just gotten a few bum atomizers... Have you tried getting ahold of JD, he is a pretty stand up guy, might help you out.

BTW all I have is a M401. I know some people don't care for them but mine has been going strong for almost 3 weeks now.

Good to here not all 401's are like this. I like mine allot, but I have been looking at the manual bats for it.

I didn't get my 401's from JD, so I don't think it is right to ask him. I'm now using replacements I ordered from "A Better Smoke" not the ones shipped with the units. I may just get them from him in the future if all of these burn up this fast.

It is not like I didn't save money on them, even only working for a short time. Being a former 2 pack a day smoker, One day of not buying analogs pays for the cost of a replacement.

I didn't get my 401's from JD

LOL... i saw your pic and it said pure smoker, and my brain saw true smoker :blush:

Being a former 2 pack a day smoker, One day of not buying analogs pays for the cost of a replacement.

No kidding, if it wasn't for all the money I was spending on parts for my mod, I would have a nice chunk of change to get more back up atty's and more juice... :lol:

LOL... i saw your pic and it said pure smoker, and my brain saw true smoker :blush:

No kidding, if it wasn't for all the money I was spending on parts for my mod, I would have a nice chunk of change to get more back up atty's and more juice... :lol:

LOL Yeah I figured, it's ok his pic was the first in my google search.

I have spent a fair amount of change on this my self just getting started. What with 2 e-cig kits, juice (first 30ml that is almost gone...)I bought bottles, measuring stuff, allot of glycerine, and flavorings to start experimenting with my own juice. So far I made a wicked cinnamon batch. I have a few thoughts on some 401 mods myself, mostly the cart. I have found that if I don't put it on tight I get twice the vapor hit. ;)

The 401 is create for it's size and starting out but the problem is if you direct drip on the 401 it uses the juice really fast. It also get VERY hot. So I'm not surprised they are crapping out so fast. Although 4 days doesn't sound right. Maybe 30 days but not 4. I would speak with JD and see about getting a replacement.

The 401 is create for it's size and starting out but the problem is if you direct drip on the 401 it uses the juice really fast. It also get VERY hot. So I'm not surprised they are crapping out so fast. Although 4 days doesn't sound right. Maybe 30 days but not 4. I would speak with JD and see about getting a replacement.

Just had another go today that was new Saturday. Maybe these gold (brass) ones have issues that others don't? I have a friend that has the white one (stainless) and it is still going strong for 8 days now. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong... :b LOL As I said though, I didn't order these from JD so I won't ask him for replacements. I will ask "A Better Smoke" about that though. I may just order them straight from the factory this next time in bulk :lol:

I think I found my culprit, faulty battery. I seem to have one battery that would come on and stay on for a long time. I also found it coming on all on it's own. I would not have noticed this if was in my pocket. I did however notice it last night when I was out driving. I noticed the atty getting hot, when it dose this, it is probably killing attys. I will try and clean it out and see if I can get it working but may just toss it out or take it apart.