14505 Batteries? 1200Mah In A 14500 Package

Emile

Anybody ever heard of these 14505 batteries? They are the same dimensions as 14500 batteries, but offer 1200mah of energy versus a standard 14500's 900mah.

I just ordered a pair to try for myself. Anybody else heard of these? Tried them out yet?

Hey DayVape, how are you my friend?

The battery you linked me to is a 3.2V 14505. The 3.7V 14505 is 1200mah. If the battery is in fact 0.5mm longer than a standard 14500 battery, I don't see why it wouldn't fit in any of my existing 14500 mods. Anyways, I ordered a pair off of eBay so I guess I'll see what happens when they get here. I am not even sure if they are protected batteries, though.

Not real sure you can half again the mAh's in .5mm. I have gotten some Ultrafire 14500's that are quite a bit longer than most Ultrafire 14500's and they are still 900 mAh and the lithium magnesium IMR's are only 600 mAh . Hope they work out for you .

That would be the first red flag for me... only one vendor. I just don't see how it's possible to get that much out of that size a battery. But, please, let us know what you get!

Check these "14505" batteries out... they actually say '2400 mAh' on them!!

Although they are 'single use'... could they honestly be '2400 mAh'??

http://cgi.ebay.com/...a#ht_1154wt_825

Edited by DAYVAPE

Single use cells typically boast higher mah ratings than rechargeable cells. I am not convinced that the 14505 rechargeables are truly 1200mah (particularly for our high-drain application of e-cigarettes), but I am curious and optimistic.

I didn't see anything saying if they are "protected" or not?

Seems it's not uncommon for the Chinese to put higher mah on the battery than it really is. 10440 batteries are about 360 mah, but there are quite a few out there labeled 600 mah.

Edited by Brian

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so the pair that I ordered finally came yesterday. Shipping got delayed I guess because of the hurricane we had last week-end but they are here anyways. I will finish charging them today and I am going to play around with them in my TTT VMU mod and see how battery life compares to my other 14500 batteries. These 14505's are the exact same size as my Trustfire 14500 900mah batteries and they feel a bit lighter in my hands, similar to the weight of an AW High Drain 14500.

I will post up some pictures when I get home, but I don't think they are protected as there is no indication of that.

Although, AW High Drains, the red ones... aren't 'Protected' either. But, they are known to be a 'safer chemistry' battery, compared to the ones having the 'protection circuitry'. I can say for certainty, that if you short out your mod because of a crappy adapter, the red AW's will get very hot... too hot to handle if left 'shorted out' for very long. The nice thing though, is that all I ended up needing was a $5 replacement spring, because it will collapse it quick in a Silver Bullet!! One thing nice to note... I have even been using said battery time and time again after that happened, and it works like brand new. It never leaked anything... just got REALLY hot!

I love AW HIGH DRAINS!

Hey guys. The 14505's in my TTT VMU definitely last noticeably longer than the Trustfire 14500's. For me, it's not a life-saver since I only drip and use my VMU at home but there is definitely a significant difference until the batteries hit 3.5V and I have to put them on the charger.

I have not been able to see how they do individually vs the 14500's and how they handle loads such as in my Alpha with a LR atomizer. I will use a volt indicator and let you guys know how it compares to Trustfires and AW High Drains.