Unknown Checmicals In E-Cigs?

mjradik

I'm reading different articles, and different posts on this board and it got me thinking. A lot of opponents of e-cigs say “there could be unknown chemicals in e-cigs that can be harmful to your health” Yes there is nicotine which is a poison we all know that, but what else? I make my own ejuice now. Its simple, I buy food grade PG or VG. It’s used in a ton of other food products. I buy food grade flavor extracts, which too is also used in a ton of foods. I mix in nicotine, and I’m done. ejuice is ready.. What wrong with that? Do bulk manufactures of ejuice add other stuff? If everything I use is food grade, except for the nicotine, whats the harm? (agian except for the nicotine)

It's new, the government has a lot of taxes to be lost and big tobacco would love nothing more than for electronic cigarettes to just go away. There is no scientific evidence to show that ecigs are more or less harmful than regular tobacco but, I always tell people, compare the ingredients in both. Then make up your own mind.

Well for me, and prolly 99.99999% of vaporers, I've made up my mind. I can list the ingredients of the e-cig on a single line. (excluding the contents of the flavorings... which differ) Where I need several pages to list the ingredients on analogs... lol...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Also, as it is true that e-juice is made of all FDA approved Pg and VG, and PG and VG are used in a wide variety of things (mostly food) and it is safe to eat, I don't think there have been long term studies done about burning them into vapor and inhaling them...

With that said, I'm gonna vape me some Pina Colada!

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Well PG is used in fog machines, and people inhale that all day long that work at concerts and stuff. PG is also used to mixed with medicine, to be injected directly into your blood stream. So PG is not bad for you. However, I did read some articles that the nicotine is extracted from the plant, so very few of the 4000 chemicals that are in cigarettes, can also be in e-cig nicotine because they com from the plat its self and the extraction process. But this is very very few of the chemicals, but no studies to show how many. I would think in the single digits.