Battery Drainage And Storage

Viper Ron

I don't think I saw this topic anywhere and was wondering about this topic. I am a guitarist and as a rule of thumb we alway unplug or disconnect our battery operated devices because while connected it will slowly drain the battery! Is this case the same for E cig batts? Do most of you unscrew the batt from the atty or carto and store the batt disconnected? I have a manual batt so maybe it doesn't matter because the batt does not come on unless the button is pressed. Is this correct? Just thought I'd throw this out there. I am not having any problems with any of my batts just wondering if they are indeed draining overnight.

my guess would be no, i never disconnect before going to bed, and haven't noticed any discernible drop in battery life, i did the same with my blu when i had it, which had auto batteries, and didn't notice any difference with it either, though admittedly i only had it for 2 weeks before getting an eGo.

In this case, it doesn't matter if the battery is connected or not. If you are not going to use a certain E cig for a day or more, then obviously it's best to disconnect the battery from the atomizer. But there is no "ghosting" going on with E cigs, they are either on or they are off. Obviously the battery itself isn't going to hold a 100% charge forever (as with any battery), but it's just not an issue if you have a last vape before bed and leave your PV on your desk so you can use it the next morning for example.

Edited by Emile

Ron,

Emile is correct when he said if you do not use the device for more than a day that it is best to disconnect the atty or carto from the battery. I will add that I have heard of instances where cats have activated a device either by walking or sitting on it during the night. Especially box mods. Or maybe the cat just needed a quick toot. :D