Looking For The Perfect 2Nd E-Cig

Amk1910

I started vaping roughly a year ago and currently I own The Spade. It's pretty decent, but I'm looking to get into something a little more "high-tech," if you will. I like the size and shape of The Spade, but I am willing to go a little bigger (for reference I was looking at the Janty Stick and I liked the look/size). I also want a little more battery life.

I'd prefer a manual battery, but automatic isn't out of the question either! :P I guess I'm just looking for some people to throw some suggestions out at me because I am really lost when it comes to looking for one. There are so many sites/numbers/letters/etc and sometimes it's tough to understand. :/ The only thing I do not want would be one that looks like an actual cigarette.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions/reviews that you guys give me. Anything would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Amk1910, welcome to Vapor Talk. First off I would stay away from the Janty Stick. They have issues and it takes the same batt as your spade so you wont get any longer batt life. There are lots of options out there. The eGo will give you the battery life you are looking for. The Provari is awesome, the Silver Bullet is a workhorse. Im sure others will be along to give their input. Good luck. :)

I agree with Jeff. If you're wanting better battery life but without a big mod, look at the eGo. If you're wanting a mod that is more "high tech", look into the Provari (provape.com) or the Buzz (notcigs.com). Both are variable voltage. If you like the Spade, Vaprlife has some nice variable voltage units now also in varying sizes.

The Provape is another option. (provape.com) It's not VV like the Provari, but has a bigger (longer lasting) battery than the Spade. It's been a long time since I had the Spade, but going from memory, the Provape isn't a lot bigger than then Spade. A bit heavier though. The Silver Bullet is much bigger, but the battery can last a couple of days for some people. I own one and just love it. I also agree with the eGo. It's probably a bit smaller than the Spade, but the battery life is much better. The box mod bottom feeder juice units are nice, too. I own both the smaller "Old Goat's" bottom feeder (oldgoatsmod.com) and the much bigger Ali'i (rnrmanufacturing.com) and love them for their convenience when driving.

My .02 cents worth. The Maxi Roughstack from madvapes is a true workhorse...durable, reliable and depending on what batts you feed it you can vape at 3.7, 5 volt (give or take), 6 volt or a throat scorching 7.4 volts.

It's affordable ($45 before adding batts and charger) and is so "dumbed down" that even a goober like me can replace the $12 switch (really about the only thing that can ever wear out/go wrong with it) in about 1 minute.

You can now get it in a few different flavors as opposed to the basic silver.

I have had mine for about 4 or 5 months now and can honestly say that I have been happy as can be with it. I mainly use it at 5 volts (4.8 nimh batts that come off the charger at around 5.7 volts) with dual coils. I have the batts to do the other voltages but this works nice for me. Still on my first group of 3 batts that are now about 2 months old and still kicking (although they now seem to decline quicker....but I have 3 backups ready to go). Batts = $5ish each and the charger = about $9 ( I recommend 2 and keep the batts hot and happy).

The best thing about my RS is that you don't have to baby it....in fact, I don't think it reaches it's full potential until you've dropped it on the concrete 5+ times. Great everyday, take it to work, out in the yard..woods..to the lake..you get the idea...take it anywhere and don't worry about getting a nick or scratch on it. It's sexy right out of the box, but even sexier with a few war wounds on it.

Hope I didn't ramble to far off topic...I tend to do that..but I hope that gives you even more data to try to digest. Hope you find something that you enjoy as much as I have enjoyed this mod.

I'm a minimalist. I got the ego and love it. All I did do was buy the 1000 mAh batteries and love them too...longer lasting. I'd say a good 8-10 hours of heavy vaping. Cartomizers are a must for me. I still haven't gotten a handle on the atomizer thing yet...even with cartridges. <shrug> Good luck.