Vp Turbo.......dead After 2 Weeks.

Well, I received my pink/silver VP Turbo AV on June 23rd & on July 2nd it died...........just wouldn't fire. I didn't drop it, or leak juice into it. I have no idea what happened.

I never adjusted the voltage, just always kept it at 3.7 & used protected trustfires. At first I thought I put a dead battery in.........switched batteries, no luck. Switched cartos, no luck.

Apparently it has a 90 day warranty, but i've contacted the people at vaprlife 6 times & can't get them to send me an RMA number to send the VP Turbo back in to get it repaired.

My husband mods..........any advice on having him take it apart & repair it?

Has anyone else had this type of experience with Vaprlife?

What can I do?

I would give them a few days to respond. Especially if you sent the emails over the weekend. I believe, like many suppliers, they are closed over the weekend.

I would not take the unit apart as that would most likely end your warranty. However you may want to check the center pole. Look at the top of the unit. Now look where the atomizer screws in. There is a tiny circle with a white band underneath. (It may be black now I'm not sure) That is the center pole. Now I'm not sure about the variable voltage but the older units used to have a tiny little hole on the side where the atomizer screw into. Take a paper clip and raise that center circle through that hole. That may solve the problem.

If the unit turns on (IE the display or lights are working) there is a very good chance it's just the center pole. This happens when you screw the atomizer on to tight or take it on and off often.

I got excited when you were talking about the center pole, because I know my husband can handle that, as he has before on other mods............but no, it doesn't even light up when I hit the fire button.

I've been sending them messages through their "contact us" on their site since July 9th. (That's when someone told me that it's got a 90 day warranty). I get a confirmation email to my email that the message has been sent. I just don't get a direct reply with an RMA...........in fact no personal reply at all.

Today in my message, I gave them 2 alternative email addresses to contact me at. I'm really at a loss here.

The VP Turbo was my 1st vaprlife mod, so then I picked up the joker, the pearl, & the vp1 (and am currently working on a trade with gitzy for her vp2).....................so I am a loyal customer. I just don't understand how they can neglect their customer service aspect of being a vendor.

I'm gonna have my husband check the center hole anyway :)

I appreciate the fast responses from you guys!!! I think i'll start hanging out here more often :)

Thanks, Jen

hmmm yea I would check it anyway. But honestly if it was the center pole the unit would normally still light up. Basically the center pole is the positive current and the outside (everything else) is the ground. When that piece is pushed to far down, it hits the outer rim. This of course creates a small short and the unit shuts down.

As for the support, July 9th is a long time. It shouldn't take that long to answer you. Have you checked your spam folders?

I appreciate the fast responses from you guys!!! I think i'll start hanging out here more often :)

You should! If just for the fact that we're all awesome :D (and we never sleep)